Anxiety Community
Is there something seriously wrong with me?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I've been experiencing weird bowel movements for about almost 2 weeks now and that coupled with my anxiety disorder is making it worse.
Last week I had diarrhea (the day after I had a large soda and candy the night before) and then after that my bowel movements haven't been the same. I usually only go to the bathroom about twice a week because I have a small diet and don't eat much due to my depression and anxiety. Especially last week when I was very depressed and experiencing dozens of crippling panic attacks. Since then i've been having loose stools, abdominal discomfort, and gas. Sometimes it starts up when I start to get the least bit anxious. It's the color that's scaring me. The last two stools have been a almost yellow color? And i'm scared my liver or kidneys are shutting down. I usually get the grumbling and sounds in my stomach usually 10 - 30 minutes after I eat then I have to go. When I was going through my depression last week I BARELY ate so i'm guessing it's my stomach and bowels getting used to eating again? I'm scared. No blood or anything in my stool. I was told I had IBS from my GP. I just went now and i'm experiencing alot of gas and discomfort. I've also had a bit of heartburn and hiccups and feeling like I kind of have to burp for the past few days. What is this? I'm terrified there is something wrong with me. Please help. Thank you.
I read somewhere that stool color is irrelevant, so if true that is not a worry. You can mention it to your doc for confirmation, but the coloring of your food can have a big effect on the stool. For instance, eating beets will make it look as if you have blood in your bowels.
I would post your issues on the gastric or stomach board instead of here, because your doc already diagnosed you with ibs. Anxiety and perhaps depression can cause upset stomach and digestion issues, but you will likely get better advice on those digestion boards than here.
If you have heartburn for a week or so it might be time to see doc for some advice and possibly a prescription. You can try over the counter acid reducers, but like I say if it won't go away in a few weeks (and I mean go away without the OTC pills) see your doc.
If you want to talk about dep or anxiety and give some details on how they affect your life or ask questions, that is fine, but I wouldn't mix that kind of post up with all the gastric issues because this isn't the place for good advice for that.
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
Iceness added the Crohn's/Ulcerative Colitis Tra...
Iceness added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms