Anxiety Community
Is this anxiety??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Is this anxiety??

I really need help. I have been feeling unwell for a few months now. Thought it may have been the start of a virus initially.. Really tired, run down, exhaustion, nausea, headache. This led to being short tempered with my children, husband etc.. Decided to seek help and my doctor instantly diagnosed with GAD, prescribed me with awful pills. I began by taking half of one of the these pills only for them to make me feel so much worse. I ditched the pills and went back to a different doc as wasn't feeling any better. She started by taking blood pressure and it was sky high. Unusual since I've never really suffered from high blood pressure before. She asked me to go back again the next day so that I could have some bloods taken and tested. Didn't happen as that evening I was admitted to hospital feeling dreadful. Headache, weakness, shaking, nausea.. It was the most horrendous experience. Docs admitted me believing I had suffered a mild stroke. Stayed in and the following day has blood tests, lung X-rays, and CT scans. All came back pretty clear. Booked me in for an MMR on my head and was booked to have an appointment with neurologist. We looked at the scans together and all seem okay apart from a cyst which is believes should not be causing problems. May he something I have had for some time?? He is passing this on to another colleague for further tests. After 3 days I left the hospital and was told to contact my doctors for further tests on urine and bloods. I will do this next week. I still feel dreadful.. Weak, dizzy, sick, shaky .. Almost like my blood sugar is low but I've had breakfast this morning. I could just lie down all day but have 2 small children so can't. I don't feel my normal self. I have been tested for diabetes and all seem okay.  I just don't feel myself... Everything feels strange and I want my old self back.
  i know anxiety can cause a lot  and make you feel sick at times  and be hard to deal with i have a anxiety disorder . but do you know you could ask your doctor to put you on another   kind  medicine maybe it is the   medicine thats causeing you to feel so ill or maybe it is not the right  medicine for you
Hi. So all your test came back normal? If so, it really sounds like anxiety. Believe me- I understand. I have gone through something similar to you. That was years ago. I finally excepted that I needed medication to cope and get better. Well, 5 years later, I thought I was fine and stopped taking meds. I was fine for about a year, than all the same crap slowly crept back. I am now back on meds- having some trouble with one, but realize that sometimes we need to take medication to get well. It ***** at first, but ride out the first few weeks or so and you will have your life back. Please let me know how everything goes. Stay strong.
Thin4Freedom added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
56 mins ago
Thin4Freedom added the Gastro Tracker
59 mins ago
Thin4Freedom joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago