Is this anxiety?
I've been experiencing some strange stuff lately and have found my self obsessing over it!  I'll tell you a short history of it all.  On August 17th, I went camping with family for a few days in Michigan when my upper right abdomen started to burn.  Having a history of reflux, I assumed it was some sort of related issue and started taking OTC prilosec.  Life went on for a couple days but, by day three, I had what I now know was a full blown anxiety attack.  No doubts about it; I had a racing heart, numb back, fast breathing, feeling of doom, etc..  I thought I was going to die!  The following days, were better but I still had a few symptoms: mind fog, palpitations.  

After that ordeal, I decided to quit prilosec and try something new.  The doc prescribed me pepcid and prevacid.

Weeks have passed now and my mind feels clear.  I don't 'feel' anxious.  But I have this random 'pin and needle' feeling in both my legs.  Today, my hands/wrists have felt..tired.. and stiff.  I've been obsessive over all of this, thinking about all the possible disorders and/or diseases I could have.

After typing all of this out, I'm almost laughing to my self!  This sounds like anxiety.  But I guess I just need someone to tell me it is?  Can that strange feeling in my legs honestly be anxiety?  What about my wrists?  Can my mind be 'clear' but my body symptomatic?

Thanks reading this!

-Matt-
I'm going through the same thing, and can't figure out why I keep having symptoms, when mentally I'm feeling pretty good!  I've had several tests done (including 2 mri's) and it all looks fine.   I, too, get that tired and stiff feeling in my wrists and hands, along with other weird stuff.  It's all new to me, but I have read on this forum that it is the nature of the beast to have symptoms when not feeling anxious.  I sure felt a lot better after getting the all clear from the Dr. and the tests, though. From a book I read it said something about our nerves get senstitized and it doesn't get better right away.  Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!  Keep up your good attitude!
p.s.  A clue maybe??  You say your mind is clear, but read your first sentence again - "obsessing over it"  I kept telling myselft the same thing.  "I don't FEEL anxious!"  then I realized it had been all I had been thinking about.  Maybe we don't need to feel an attack to be anxious???  Just a thought.  :)
you might be right about not feeling an attack to be anxious.  I think our subconscious minds have a kind of back up drive that is still on alert mode even when we tell it everything is fine.  Also, I don't want to make you more crazy than your making yourself sound but some medication do have side effects.  In your case it may just be anxiety creeping up?  As for me trust me i am having crazy anxiety problems.... if you look at my posts i am freaking out over HIV!!!!  and personally I think its the worse case scenario for me and the fear and guilt are killing me!!!!  (and to make it worse people in this community have said i have a NO RISK and NO HIV so i should just move along and realize it is ANXIETY causing me all these symptoms!!!)  Anxiety is the hardest thing to believe.... people do not understand what we go through everyday.. and trust me I also feel sick everyday, but its up to us to be strong and win our inner battles.