Anxiety Community
Itchy skin?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Itchy skin?

Hello everyone.  I am new here but,  not new to anxiety.  When I was 19 years old,  I had my very first anxiety/panic attack.  Until that night,  I had never even knew such things existed.  I am 29 now and,  have been dealing with anxiety for years.  I am aware that anxiety can cause SO many different symptoms and feelings.  Such as the numbness and tingling many of you talk about.  I experience those as well.  But,  what I wanted to know was..do any of you experience itching all over or in certain places along with slight tingling feelings?  As I said,  I know there are too many symptoms of anxiety to list but,  I was just wondering if feeling itchy was one of them.
Hello there,

Of course itchy skin can be s symptoms of anxiety and stress. Have you ever see someone scratching himself really bad while he was under heavy stress? Everyone should at least saw that in a movie once in his life.

But itchy skin could also be allergies so maybe it would be a cool idea to get tested.

Anxiety is your body and mind overreacting to almost everything so even the feeling of your clothe on your skin might produce a itchy feeling.

You're not alone with this symptoms i can tell you.

Best regards,
M4
Thank you for the comment.  It is not uncommon for me to itch as I have the skin condition Tinea Versicolor.  And,  I normally itch on my upper body,  shoulders,  neck and arms.  But,  tonight,  just out of the blue.  I started to itch ALL over my upper body and even my legs a bit.  Even my hands and fingers.  I have looked and looked..even had family members look.  There seems to be no rash at all except for my skin condition.  That is why I was wondering if it could just be anxiety related.
Itching can be cause by anxiety
But u shoud have blood test done to rule out liver problems or other disorders
Thanks Sandra.  Your advice is welcomed.
Avatar n tn
I have been itching since 1996.  It started with my hands/fingers and was very annoying.  There was no rash, just itching that I could only describe as internal itching...I could scratch it but it still itched.  Benadryl was my first solution, and it worked, but it knocked me out.  A dcotor put me on Atarax and it helped.  I took that for a couple of years and bounced around with a few other prescriptions looking for the best solution.  I have been on Claritin for a long time now and for the most part it has worked.  But for the last couple of years the "usual" ithcing has been accompanied by the tingly/prickly itching.  The itching sensention has increased...sometimes hard to take.  My doctor has me on both Claritin and Singulair now.  This has really taken over me.  I hate treating symptoms without knowing the cause.  My mind races with OMG thoughts due to the continued itching.  Reading a lot of these posts helps to know that I am not the only "Whack" out there.  Lately my itching has been so bad it gets me into small pockets of derpession that I call "Funks".  So if my anxiety causes my itching and my itching causes my anxiety, how do I get out of this vicious cycle?
my daughter is 12, she has been itching for over a year now. It started off tips of toes and fingertips and has progressed to tip of tongue, bellybutton, ankles, inside mouth and a round spot on her back. its non stop and nothing has helped. been to 4 neurologist, dermatologist, immunologist, rheumatologist and now psychologist. they all try meds, meds for itching and anxiety an nothing helps. you cant visually see anything, no redness or bumps. I feel its anxiety but none of the meds help so right now we are just stuck, I don't know where to go or what to do, she is miserable and now she's not able to sleep, wakes up itching. If anyone can give me any advice I would ne so thankful
10356 commented on msdelight's status
melimeli commented on photo
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms