Anxiety Community
Just anxiety or something more serious?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Just anxiety or something more serious?

I am a 16 year old male who's been experiencing chest pains, along with what seems to be indigestion. I am more stressed out right now than I ever have been in my entire life. I've recently(as of one week ago) lost a loved one to cancer, I've missed a week of school due to being up at the hospital with him and my family, and I terribly miss my ex girlfriend(yes, I know, I probably sound like a drama queen missing her). I started the weird indigestion back around Thanksgiving when I was rear ended in my car. I thought that was always anxiety because I've never had indigestion or burped before that happened, and I constantly find myself checking my rearview mirror when I can build the courage up to drive again. When my loved one was in the hospital for two weeks, I started the indigestion again. I also started having chest pains. Not very often, but they were there. When he passed last week, I've noticed my chest pains have been more noticeable. They're bearable, and they aren't impairing my daily activities, but I know they're there and I'm scared to death that it's something serious. I have told my mom and she said it's probably nerves and anxiety, but my anxiety and worry for my health have brought me to Google for the past week, which quite frankly is bringing more worries to me because I'm reading more and more terrifying things. The majority of the chest pain is in the upper left part of my chest, and sometimes my stomach and upper abs will hurt also. I've also been getting frequent sinus headaches this past weeks and those are making me worry even more because that's something else that is being added to my list of worries. After experiencing my cousin who barely made it into adulthood pass away after a long and hard fought battle with Ewing's Sarcoma, I can't help but let the thoughts cross my mind of "Oh my gosh, what if I have cancer? What if I have a heart problem?" I'm finding it extremely hard to focus on school, as today was my first day back, because I always have this anxiety about my health on my mind.
Do I just have a case of anxiety or do I have something far more fearful to be thinking about that I should see my doctor? As far as I know I have no family history of any sort of deadly disease, and I'm on here to seek some comfort, because all I've thought about this past week is my ex, mourning the loss of my cousin who is the strongest person I've ever met, and these things that are happening to me that are scaring me to my wits end. I literally haven't gone a day without feeling my chest area up because I'm absolutely terrified it's cancer, and I can't get that thought off of my mind. Please someone give me good news, and tell me that this is just serious anxiety and stress so I can stop worrying about myself!! |:
Is this in the wrong section of the forums? If so can someone tell me where to put this, or give me an answer? This is all I've been thinking about the past week and its been stressing me out to the point where I can hardly handle it, and I'm scared to death to go to my doctor.
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
4 mins ago
gyspy09 commented on JustHelp123's status
Thin4Freedom says... Haha! Convinced my ... Comment