Anxiety Community
Kalms herbal?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Kalms herbal?????

Just wondering does anyone know anything about the herbal tablet Kalms?  They are mean't to do, well, exactly what they say, has anyone tried them and what reaction or side effects, if any, did you get????  Bacially did they work???
I tried them and they did nothing for me. ONe thing I do that helps is epsoms salt soaks. I don't like to lay in the tub, so I fill up a small tub and soak my feet in it for about an hour. The magnesieum helps with relaxation.
I have not heard of Kalms Herbal. I have heard of Calms Forte` by Hylands Homeopathics. I take those sometimes and they seem to help a little. Another thing that really helps my anxiety is a homeopathic product called "Kali Phos" I take 4 little pellets under my tongue whenever I am stressed or scared, they help. You can get them at any health food store.
I wouldn't personally take it.  Look at the ingredients -- it has more additives and fillers than herbs, and some, such as talc, are toxic.  You can find the main ingredients, hops and valerian, pretty much in any health food store, in pill form and tincture form, and skip the additives.  It also contains gentian, but you probably don't need that.  You can find all kinds of herbal relaxant combinations in health food stores.  Passionflower is also a very good relaxant herb.  There is another product called Calms, and one called Calms Forte, but they are homeopathic and therefore work on different principles than an herbal remedy.
Thanks for the advice guys..... paxiled you really know your herbs init...lol thank you, you have helped alot.... oh, can you take herbal when your on prescription as well?  Am taking Paxil or Seroxat as we call it in London and Propanalol
You shouldn't take anything that affects serotonin, such as 5htp or tryptophan or St. John's Wort or SAMe if you're on an ssri such as Paxil.  If you're not on a benzo (and even if you are if you only use the herbs on occasion), you can use the valerian and hops and passionflower; they are thought to work on GABA, not serotonin.  The other drug is a beta blocker, so you have to be careful with blood thinners and other natural remedies that might also help slow the heart rate, such as magnesium, or that might speed the heart rate, such as CoQ10 or Korean ginseng or rhodiola.  Adaptogenic herbs can be helpful, however, such as ashwagandha and eleuthero in helping the body adapt to stress, and a lack of magnesium may be your problem in the first place.  And without CoQ10, the heart muscles can't get the energy it needs to function properly.  So as you can see, this gets complicated, and is probably best if one is on medication and doesn't know herbs to see a naturopath or a physician who has studied natural medicine and knows these things and their interactions.  A lot of people on beta blockers really needed magnesium, or to reduce excess calcium intake that was leaching magnesium out of the body, but I assume you've had tests for this and I'm probably wrong, since most doctors don't do sophisticated testing.  And many on beta blockers aren't short of magnesium at all or any other substance.  You're in an area more complicated and difficult than I think you imagined when you asked the question, eh?
lol... your dam right, i thought it would be a short list of a combination that one could take to compliment the other in aiding anxiety.  I'm not taking Paxil any more as it gave me bad side effects and also tried Zoloft since as well, but that nearly crippled me.... could hardly walk for two days.  So i am stearing clear of the SSRI's for now.  So i have turned my attention back to herbal.

I have been looking at 5-HTP, this seems like a benefical way of raising the level of serotonin without all the nasty side effects, what do you think?  Do you think it's worth it?

Also, i'm not completely sure what the doc tested for when he done the blood test, erm blood count, iron level, liver function, thyroid function and a few more things... i don't know if they test to see vitamin and mineral levels?  Would be interesting to find out.

If you have any advice for me it would be much appreciated, erm and now i am only taking 40mg Propanalol and Risperidone 0.25mg when feeling anxious, in small doses it is used for anxiety but in larger doses it's used for Schizophrenia and bipolar, so a anti-psychotic.  Interesting choice for the doc to give me i thought.....lmao!!!
i tried them, and they did F all for me lol... i think there more for travel more than anything! Not on anything else, hoping to stay away from meds if I can! i am on meds for the thyroid so dont want anything to interpere with it!
5htp is definitely worth a try.  The worst that can happen is it won't work.  Where's the loss?
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
curiosityb ok Comment
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...