Anxiety Community
Klonopin

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Klonopin

has it anyone took this??
and it made a big difference in your anxiety/panic attacks?

what meds have you taking and help
and made a big difference, and making you
feel back to "normal" at aleast more like yourself.
and not to anxious ??

let me know please.
I love klonopin. I used to have panic attacks out of a sound sleep[go figure] so I asked my Doctor to give me .5 to keep in my purse and .1 by my bedside life has changed for me. I only use them as I need them.  Try never to get exhausted,not good.
It is a good form of medication for anxiety. The best of the benzos. Only way to put it. I have tried a few others too. But klonopin can be used for much longer. The likes of xanax is only meant for short term use and reaches tolerance levels quicker than you would want it to. In other words you could take xanax. Love it. But a year down the line you may need more to feel the same effect as you did when you first took it. Heck I was on xanax for a decade. I know it was doing nothing for most of that time. And I did abuse it. Took more than needed. It's that kind of tablet. Then I had to come off it. That was a nightmare come true. But I had a good doctor and the switch over was withdrawl (withdrawal) free. Onto klonopin, bit of valium here and there, remeron as well. Nice little mixture. But I avoid the valium as best I can. Take it if really needed only. So my vote would go to klonopin. It is a steady form of medication. I take it twice a day. Morning and night. It covers the full day.
I've been taking Klonopin for about a year now, once daily; twice if needed. .5mg. I'd agree with the other posters.

It's probably the best of the benzo's when it comes to long term use. It may effect your memory, or make you a bit tired at times, but it's pretty hard to abuse it. That's definitely a good thing when it comes to benzo's....

I'm trying to move away from it, but all in all, it has really helped a lot.
Without clonazapam (generic Klonopin), I would be out of luck.

Have taken for years: the only med that works and is tolerated by my body since anal cancer.  There are many views on benzos, but as I have made an effort to try every antidepressant in the book and an MAO once; even Lithium, with horrible side effects and often no relief from core panic problem, I will be taking it daily for as long as I am here.

As Mr G has said taking in divided doses works well for me when I go out.  It is grand to feel you have a bit of control over your panic.  I was down to 1/2 1 mg tablet and getting to mall and feeling really good, until my son died unexpectedly, and I needed to get back to taking full dose.   So you get my vote for Klonopin.
sure any benzo seems to work great for me. But they where off after about half a day it seems no matter what I take I need a third dose a day.
It's not uncommon to have a script for Clonazepam, issued for three times a day. It's less common than twice daily, and would depend on your doctor's recommendations, of course.

Even twice daily can make me pretty exhausted, but then again, I know people that are on 2mg 3 times a day, that say it might not even have an effect anymore.

I guess the key is trying to moderate it to the lowest dosage you can get away with, because increases can create a tolerance, which becomes a downward spiral.

Anyways, it's worth a shot, and tends to be the front line defense for those of us with bad anxiety/panic.

I may very well end up as a "lifer" myself. If not, it will always be a fall back medication while I try to sort out another method of controlling my panic attacks.

It's the one med that I've found to work the best overall for me.
thank you for your put in.
i need to get on some type of meds to ease all this
24/7 anxiety & frequent panic attacks.
i have faith i can over come this...
i just need a little push in the right direction.
all these different symptoms control my life now.
and i need to put a stop to it.....
thanks for your input on the meds.

Hi.  I take klonopin 1 mg 3 times a day.  It has made a difference.  I use to take.5 mg three times a day but starting having panic attacks.  It makes me alittle drowsy but I would be lost with out it.  Hope this helps.
10356, refills, and Jade59 commented on dominosarah's status
15 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
Foods You’re Throwing Away Every Ti...
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms