Anxiety Community
Klonopin and Alcohol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Klonopin and Alcohol

I have been taking .5mg of klonopin daily for 6 months with no drinking and i was curious... would it be safe to have one beer every now and then?   I am afraid of dying... but I miss having an occasional drink.  I am only 21 and I don't weigh much (140lb), but I do miss having a beer every now and then to relax.  

I take my klonopin everyday at 2PM btw.   When would be the ideal time to drink the beer if it were safe?    I usually prefer one at 9-11amish or 9-11pm ish.    Please let me know, thanks!
I don't want to tell you it's safe per se. Klonopin and alcohol are both depressants, and you run the risk of respiratory complications. Also Klonopin has multiplicative affects on alcohol so you have to watch how much you drink. That being said, I take 1mg Klonopin every other day, and I drink on it. The half life of Klonopin is really long so it will never be completely out of your system if you take it every day. You might want to drink later in the day farther away from the time you take the pill. This way, some of it has been broken down already.
NOT a good idea...sorry. Drinking causes anxiety and klonopin is to calm it. I have been on it for 3 years.

This medicine is to help you. I can tell you that drinking with it.. personally is asking for trouble possibly down the road.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just my thoughts.

Good luck 2 U!
trust me ,i may not know about klonopin but if your dr tells not to drink any alcohol please dont. you said your afraid of dying,well taking a drink while taking these kind of meds can be very fatal

please be careful
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
curiosityb ok Comment
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...