Klonopin questions
Okay...So i'm about to go on a flight to Tahoe, CA.  i'm terrified of flying, then I have to drive a U-haul 900 miles back to where I am. also very nervous about that.  I was considering asking my doctor for a prescription for like...the smallest dose of klonopins, to make my panic attacks bearable.  Its like....anymore...I feel like my panic attacks are just getting crazier and crazier... :( i hate it...

I dont know how to ask my doctor though...I know klonopins will help tremendously, but like...I dont wanna seem like i'm just wanting to get high off of them...I just hate my panic attacks and I want something more to help with them...I'm currently back on paxil, which I was on before, but I still have all the crazy symptoms of anxiety (of course)

How would I even go about talking to my doctor about all of this?
I take 1mg klonopin a day for panic and anxiety and it has helped me tremendously also. I am assuming that you take paxil for anxiety. I tried several SSRI anti-depressants before I went on the klonopin but to no avail. It's funny to me that doctors prescribe anti-depressants for anxiety. Almost seems like an oxymoron; something that is contradictory. You want your doctor to give you something to control your panic/anxiety and your doctor gives you a drug that contributes to anxiety.

My advice is to explain to your doctor the situation as you just did....tell your doctor that the dirving and flying you have to do is making your anxiety spike. Just be honest, your request is reasonable. Anxiety and especially panic attacks are AWFUL. No one should have to suffer.  

It sounds like you have taken klonopin before (you said that you KNOW that they will help tremendously). Did your current doctor rx the klonopin? If so that should help establish that you have a responsible history. If it was a different doctor just mention that you have taken klonopin and it was helpful. If you are just asking for a short supply I do not see why your doctor would object. It seems like a reasonable request to me!