Anxiety Community
Klonopin usage

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Klonopin usage

I am new to this site and joined because I saw so much useful, updated posts.  Thank you everyone.  It's so good to read others stories and know that we are not alone.
I had been on Paxil for 8 yrs due to a postpartum depression.  Not thinking that I needed it any longer and with my doc's approval, I weaned myself off it.  In hindsight, this was a bad decision.  I started noticing little things but didn't give it much thought and BAM!  It hit me full force again.  Not so much the depression, but severe anxiety.  I started back on the Paxil about a month ago along w/ a low dosage of Xanax, which I couldn't take because it really sent me for a loop.  Doc then prescribed 0.5mg of Klonopin, seemed to work wonders with the anxiety, as it is slow releasing and long lasting.  However, I'm now noticing that I'm waking up several times a night and the anxiety, although mild has started again.  Any suggestions?
If I don't get back to reply it just means that I'm trying to figure out this website.
Thanks all.  :)
Tracy
Hi and welcome, we're glad you found us!!  Klonopin normally is prescribed 2 x a day, is this how it was prescribed for you?  This is how it was prescribed to me and I have no problems sleeping.  Talk to your doctor about your sleep problems, I'm sure he'll have a solution for you.  Take care!
No, it was only prescribed for night time and to use only until the Paxil takes full affect. My anxiety normally only affects me as soon as I wake up in the morning, but was completely depilitating.  My heart was racing, I'd get all sweaty, head cloudy and almost pass out.  It's not as bad now, but still exists.  I do have a follow up w/ my doc on Friday.
Thanks Mammo!  It's so awesome to see a "current" forum.
Once your Paxil reaches a therapeutic level, it should help with your sleep, which can take 4-6 weeks.  Talk to your doctor and go from there, he's your best resouce.
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
mishymoshymarcy Who cares about what you sh... Comment
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 27
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms