Anxiety Community
Klonopin withdrawal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Klonopin withdrawal

I have been on klonoipn for about 3 years..my dosage now is 6mg a day..I also take 50mg of pail and high dose of lamictil for anxiety, depression and mood stabilization..is there any hope of getting off the klonopin..my anxiety is very high as I am sure u can tell..please, all response is greatly appreciated?
You say that your anxiety level is very high. You are on a number of meds that should be helping you, but apparently, they aren't doing an adequate job. (I have no idea what "pail" is)

Of course there is "hope" that you will get off the Klonopin. There is absolute certainty you can. I just wonder why you think getting off the Klonopin will fix this situation, if I'm reading it correctly.

Personally I would strongly suggest that you find a PMM, or Psychiatric Medication Manager and go over ALL of your meds. After three years on Klonopin, you should have acheived relief by now. I don't know how long you've been on the other meds, but it would seem that nothing is working very well for you.

PMMs can be found in most Psychiatric Clinics or they can refer you to one. They do not do therapy, they simply discuss your symptoms and the best way to allievate them. I would hope that you ARE in therapy..........as I'm sure you know, just medicating the symptoms is not going to fix your problems.

Please do not try and withdrawal from the Klonopin on your own. You must work with your doctor or a PMM to work out a taper schedule that will make the transition safe and comfortable.

I wish you the best
Peace
Greenlydia  
I presume you're referring to Paxil (pail?)...at any rate there is a great hope to wean off klonopin. You have to do it gradually and perhaps over a longer period of time than most meds. I'd try by cutting the tablets in half and try keep your mindset that taking 1/2 is like taking one whole. Mind over matter is a powerful way to overcome things. Best wishes!
While I realize that your advice to JeanTN was given with the best intentions, it is no longer acceptable on MH to suggest and/or advise anyone to alter their medication dosage. It's a liability issue.
Thanks for your understanding.
Greenlydia
I meant paxil yes, sorry...I am back and forth between paxil and pristiq...back on pristiq now...
Thank you so much to you both!!!!

How do I contact Ryan with questions about tapering off klonopin? He seems to be knowledgeable and well respected on this site, yet I have never seen any of his advice.
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
1 hr ago
Amandag78 commented on Amandag78's status
TinaR10 commented on Des_a_rae's status