Anxiety Community
LEXAPRO - COLD TURKEY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

LEXAPRO - COLD TURKEY

I AM TRYING TO GET OFF OF LEXAPRO.  I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR YEARS.  I TAKE AMBIEN, LEXAPRO AND ADDERALL (adderrall), I'M TIRED OF BECOMING DEPENDANT ON THESE MEDICATIONS.  I WOULD LIKE TO TRY A MORE NATURAL APPROACH TO MEDS.  I ALSO HAD THE FLU 1 1/2 WEEKS AGO, SINCE THEN I HAVENT TAKEN ANY MEDS AND FELLING PRETTY GOOD.  I DO GET THE WEIRD FEELINGS AND THE SHOCK LIKE WAVES GOING THROUGH MY BODY.  I KNOW THIS HAS TO BE SOME TYPE OF REACTION TO GETTING OFF.  IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS AND STILL FEELING THE EFFECTS.  JUST HOW LONG BEFORE IT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM.
NEVER, EVER stop an SSRI cold turkey - EVER!  This is very DANGEROUS and this is especially true for somewhat that has been on it for years.

You MUST consult with your doctor regarding this matter.  If is very likely you may need to go back on the lexapro at a lower dose to tapper correctly.
Lexapro: Develope a one month plan including a taper off chart. Slowly decrease your dosage from everyday to 5mg a day to 5mg every other day to 5mg every 3rd day until you have stopped taking this medication. This is a slow way to stop taking the medication and become independant.    I recommend a similar approach to Adderal. This drug may be more difficult to stop since it provides such a rush of energy each day. Maybe stop the lexapro first then stop the adderal and last work on the ambien. Most likely the ambien is only required because you take adderal but for each drug you need a slow tapper down plan to minimuze the withdrawal effects.
Blessedtb23 commented on Long standing dry mou...
57 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy What in the world am i doin... Comment
nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status