Anxiety Community
Leaving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Leaving

Rottweiler and lonewolf07 will be leaving this site.  I made a genuinely technical error when I joined.  Originally, I was Rottweiler but for sometime, I could not loging using this name and don't know why.  Because I wanted to be part of the site I changed my name to lonewolf07, using a different e-mail.  This site was so helpful to me.  Everything I have written has been the truth but I feel I have been deceptive and am undeserving of being here.  There is no way I can prove I wasn't lying or playing games.   Can't use my ignorance around computers as an excuse because ....  well, I just can't.  I really enjoyed communicating with you folks who gave such good advice, humor, support, etc.

Peace, long life, strength and honor to all of you.  I pray for your forgiveness for my ignorance.

rlw

Please do not leave the site!  I had the same problem as you at one time by not being able to log in under my first user name.  All because you are not "computer savvy" which many of us aren't isn't a reason to leave.  It is great that you have gotten help and also have given help.  No matter what name you use, you are here for a purpose.  Stay here and don't worry about the names!
Hi!  I wish you would stay too.  My only confusion is your age.  Are you 46 or 59?  I don't understand?

In fact, I think I'm going to cry!
For all the reasons you think you need to leave, I believe those reasons are why you should stay.
No one here doubts what you have told us. And none of us is in a position to judge ANYONE!
We are all here for one reason and one reason only..........to get the help and support we need, the understanding that many of us can't find within our circle of loved ones and in turn, to reach our own hands out to those who need us.
We have reached out to you and in turn, you have contributed more than you know.
If you feel you really must leave, we can't stop you, but think of the person who is feeling just like you.........think about the lifeline you could throw them. The only "deception" here is "self-dececption..........." that you have nothing to give back.
Peace
Greenlydia
I rest my case.

-S
Don't worry about it.  You're not the only one who's used a different screen name.  There was a sweet old lady by the name of "Surfgirl" awhile back who had 4 or 5 different screen names and she did it on purpose!  I miss her.... (LOL)

But seriously, it's really not a big deal.  Don't leave on account of a simple mistake.  I'm sure everyone forgives you.

Peace
Is it against a policy to change your nickname? I'm confused as to has happened here. Did Rott get "into trouble" with the site admin?
I can see how someone's name could change as their mood changes
I don't know if there is a specific policy but it's probably not what MedHelp wants for people to do.  It would be pretty hard for them to monitor everyone on this site, though.    If you do cause trouble like Ryan's old pal "Surfgirl" (LOL), MedHelp can have you permanently barred by blocking your IP address? (I think that's what it's called).  I don't know how they do it but they can.

Rott did not get in trouble, I don't think.  
I haven't been around long enough to see any of this happen. This is the first forum that I've been a part of, and it really has helped me tremendously. I never would have thought that I would be a part of a cyber support group....

It sounds like folks do not want Rott to leave, so perhaps she'll reconsider from these posts.
So okay then!  Now we know and I see no reason for you to go anywhere.  I mean, what's in a name?  You're still the same person I have come to care about.  When I got married and took my husbands name, that didn't change who I was.  Same thing here.    

I really hope you will reconsider your decision.

Thinking of you.....
When the discrepencies in names was pointed out to me - in a non-judgemental, not angry way; the person who told me did so in a "good way" but I felt that I had deceived the folks who had helped me and communicated with me.

I don't know why the computer or the site would not accept Rottweiler (maybe they think I bite) but I have been having difficulties with the computer - an old Mac along with out of date browsers.  When I tried to register again using the Rottie name, I got a message saying the name and e-mail address had been taken.  But I couldn't get in!!!!
So I used another e-mail and got the same message and changed my name to lonewolf.  I am the same person and like you said, I am not "computer savvy".

Thank you for your message and not thinking I am a liar or deceiver.

Rottie/lonewolf

To: Rottweiler

Hi there, chum.  I am 59.  My touchtyping isn't that great.  I will change the profile on lonewolf probably after seeing if I can get some answers about the name confusion.  Been really scared folks would think I was a lying bottomfeeder.  I do lie, "I can't go to work because"; .... "love your new hair style" but lie about my feelings - never.

I am greatful for your understanding.

In fact, I think I'm going to cry!                                              

I don't lie about my emotions - get confused at times but do not lie about that.   Hope no one judges.  I won't repeat the difficulties I had with the Rottweiler name but since I noticed a little symbol beside your name (like JSG) maybe you can help with the technical stuff if you have time.  I can't send a note or with "friends" push the "accept" button and nothing happens.  It could be my computer, the browser - I don't know.

As for staying, I will and see what happens.

PS:  your name, Greenlydia, are you an environmentalist?

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you for the support.

Rottie/lonewolf

Thank you for your message.  I hope you will communicate again since I would like to talk to you. I could use some of your technical knowledge too.  If you have time to communicate, please do.  I have more questions.

Donald Trump (just kidding .... Rottie/lonewolf)
Hi Raine9

Thank you for your comment.  I didn't do this on purpose but if you ever see The Little Old Lady From Pasadena, it might be me ....  kidding.

I honestly thought folks would be angry and think I was deceiving them.  It was a mistake.

Appreciate your message.

Xan  - I don't know if it is against a policy to change your nickname.  I made a mistake and am asking for help in correcting it.   Rottie got into trouble with herself because she felt others would think she had deliberately deceived them.  The reasons for this are posted above.  Besides, rotties are always in trouble; folks think we bite (kidding).

Rottie/lonewolf

Hey there.....I have come to know your style of answering posts, so I've been waiting for you to finish.

What are you doing up so late?  I mean, didn't we talk about you getting into some kind of routine?  : ))
Thank you for your comments - they really touched my soul.  Like I said, "You rock" and even paraphrase Shakespeare ("what's in a name").  I would hate to leave this site but would hate even more to be thought of as a deceiver or lacking integrity.  I try to be  honest.  Good thoughts right back at you = /

Signed

The Queen of England (....kidding, just couldn't resist).

Rottie/lonewolf

Good.  So it's final.  You're staying.  

Whew!  Glad that's over with.  : )
Good thing you're staying. I just met you!
Here's a thought...why don't you drop BOTH of the currently used ID names and start from scratch with a whole new name.  Start over, start anew....stay here and contribute.  You are obviously cared about, a great deal.

If you decide on starting completely over, just chime in and let people know that you are starting all over and your new name is.......

In the meantime, JSGeare can work on getting your other ID names dropped with MedHelp, if that can be done; if that's what you want to try to do.  I say to start over from scratch and let the past be in the past.  You ARE needed and wanted here on this Forum.

Best Wishes and God Bless you,
A good friend of JSG's.
Heather (also a Community Leader on another Forum)
Hi Heather - I'm going to stick with the lonewolf name - I had thought of Donald Trump  but that hair!!!!  No way.  Folks are used to lonewolf and the name suits me.   I'll as JSG more questions.  Or Maybe you can answer them, they are prety basic.

Thank you for your message.

lonewolf

Go Granny go Granny go Granny go ....

lonewolf

Thank you, your Majesty (bowing)

So much for routine.  I'll send you a message and let you know why - if you want to hear.  No, I didn't have a hot date with Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise or any other hunka hunka burnin' love ....

King Louix XIV

You are a crack-up!  And obviously feeling better I might add.  : )  

Oh yes please.  Message me any time you want.  I would love to hear the excuses : )

You know I'm just teasing.

Thinking of you.....
Glad that you are staying!  Welcome back!
hey there, as long as the only deception you have made it in regards to your screen name then no harm done, if you have deceived anyone on this site about what you have been going through in your life and have given people made up advice that hasn't come from the heart then thats another thing altogther, seems to me you only had problems with your computer  (HOPE THATS THE CASE).  

crumy
The only deception - which was accidental and due to my ignorance with computers and this forum - was with respect to my nickname.  If I were deceiving people by inventing problems, I think the folks on here would know it, sense it.  Also, I would not have drawn attention to it by posting it on the forum.

Just sign me -

The Queen of England (smile, just kidding - am going to remain lonewolf)

lonewolf

Jade59 commented on mclovin
Swollentoe commented on joycake's status
Lizziesj27 commented on photo