Anxiety Community
Left Arm / Hand Pain & Tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Left Arm / Hand Pain & Tingling

Hi All - my first post on this site.

First of all, I should say I've suffered with depression, anxiety and quite severe panic attacks for around 6 years now. I get a lot of chest pain, and usually get (what I have been told are) ectopic heartbeats a few times each day. I've had numerous hospital visits (wired up to those heart monitors, blood preasure, blood tests etc), and although they have never recorded one of the ectopics, I've always been told my heart is OK.

For the past couple of weeks, I've had what feels like an intense aching pain in my upper left arm (I think around the bicep muscle). This pain sometimes spreads down to just past the elbow, and my left fingertips tingle. Sometimes, my whole left hand tingles, and feels kind of itchy. I've had the tingle fingertips / hands for quite a while, but the aching pain is quite new, and is almost constant.

I was wondering if anyone else has this? So far, I've managed to resist the urge to seek urgent medical advice, but I have to confess it's not easy.

Cheers

Gary
Hey Gary,

My name is Cris and I have been suffering with this beast now for going on 3 months.  At first I wasnt convinced that anxiety was causing all these physical symptoms.  Been to the ER twice, general medicine doc, internal medicine doc and neurologist...so far all clear.  I now attribute everything I'm feeling to this anxiety and am just working on getting over it as best I can.
I too have been suffering from arm pain/tingling/numbness but in my right arm.  I have had a headache/dizziness pretty much for 2 months straight, chest pain, tingling/numbness all over and a myriad of things.  Oh, and how I could use a full nights sleep.  I feel exhausted.
My point is if you have been to the doctor and everything checks out just trust them and God and move forward.  Easier said than done I know but it can happen.  I now have complete faith in the Lord that He will get me through this and that I will be a better person for it.
God Bless
Cris
i have its in my legs now,i went to see a doctor about my arm and hands and he told me it was probably neck nerve damage,i also gets floaters in front of my eyes,myleg on the other hand is meant to be muscular too,through me tensing when i am stressed,hope this helps.
Thanks for the replies - and apologies for my not posting anything for a while (lots of things happening latley, so I've not been online a great deal).

I tend to get a lot of floaters in my eyes too. They can be quite disorientating at times, and they seem to 'swarm' and make things out of focus sometimes.

Anyway, things haven't been too bad anxiety wise recently, given what has been happening (long story, but involves a family member having extremely risky, but life saving surgery). I certainly could use a vacation!
and me so if there is space in your case give me a shout hope your family member is safe now
mishymoshymarcy What in the world is it tha... Comment
9 mins ago
andrea_hemingway95 added the Weight Tracker
andrea_hemingway95 Eating popcorn yay! Comment