Anxiety Community
Leg aches and pains

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Leg aches and pains

Does anyone else have tremendous leg pains and aches?  I'm not having the "attacks" as often...I think my anxiety has all settled in my legs.....and a little heart palpitations also.....
Funny you mentioned leg pains and other pains.  I feel them sometime, it is even hard to explain what it feels like.,..sometimes it feels at though it's a burning sensation...then it hurts so bad that I have to rub my leg....I did talk to my doctor about it and she says there is nothing wrong.  maybe I just pulled a muscle or something.  Go figure...

I am curious to know exactly what you feel. because I also get that feeling in my arms sometimes. They did run EKG's before I had surgery last month...had my gallbladder removed and EKG was perfect..so I don't know what is going on with my body.
At first I had sore "spots" in my legs....I thin kthat is what sparked my fitst "Panic Attack".  I just had a friend diet when a blood clot from his leg hit his heart....So because of the pain, I began to worry...never had anxiety before.

Then when I had my attack and went to ER, they did all of the blood clot tests which came back negative....since them, I still have the anxiety and my legs just ache all over...like I have been exercising alot.  No tingling...but I have read that anxiety can cause both pain and tingling.....
Well thanks for letting me know that...because like you I am always thinking it could be my heart!  Doctor always tells me I worry to much.  Like I didn't know that already. : )

Take care and hopefully someone else will have some input and we can see what they think.
My severe leg pain is caused by a herniated disk and degenerative disk disease (DDD)..
this is causing a nerve impingement and pain radiating down my legs I take gabapentin 1800 mg for this, I also have arthritis of the hips and this also is contributing to the pain radiating down my thighs and legs I take celebrex for this.
I also take 20 mg of oxycontin daily for leg and back pain.
You need to see a neurologist or someone to order an MRI to get to the source of your pain than get it properly treated.
good luck
Make sure you check the way your setting or if you are crossing your legs to tightly. Anxiety leads to a lot of muscle tension. I didn't even realize that I was crossing my legs tight at my desk causing leg cramps and back pain. My anxiety seems better but it comes out in other ways. I also clinch my teeth.
Since I've been taking Klonopin for anxiety issues, my leg aches, neck aches, forearm aches all have gone away. The anxiety had me all knotted up (accumulated for months). If I can only get the SSRI to kick in, hopefull I won't need the KLon. I also started doing Yoga and streches at home. Really, the relaxing of the muscle is due to the calming effect of the benzo. I hate to say it. But at least I know I don't have some neruological/muscle dz. Yeah, one less thing to stress over!!
specialmom commented on Jade59's status
refills commented on pillguy's status
gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms