Anxiety Community
Length of time on Xanax

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Length of time on Xanax

Long story but I've been having mouth and throat issues for about 3 years, been to every doctor under the sun.  Well, had an anxiety attack and my ENT prescribed a low dose of Xanax (0.5 mg 3 x daily).  That seemed to help the anxiety somewhat.  I cut it down to usually a half tab 2 x a day. One in the morning and one before bed.  If I feel I need any during the day, I take a half pill.  It does make me feel somewhat tired but, luckily, I sure haven't had some of the side effects other have listed.  I wish it helped me sleep more, but that isn't the case.  I would like to wean off the stuff but find when I am having a bad throat day, I can get anxious and will take one.  I don't read anywhere that it is proven to have any long-term effects and one doctor told me that some people are on it for years.  Due to my chronic dry mouth and throat issues, I thought maybe this was adding to the problems but, again, don't see that as a side effect and the pharmacist said it should not cause those problems.  So, has anyone had problems with dry mouth and/or throat and a feeling of a lump or mucus stuck in your throat?  Yes, been tested for Sjorgens and the *latest* ENT doc just did tongue and parotid biopsies.
Actually, some of the bad side effects some of you are stating I had on Phenegran and Reglan. Won't go near those drugs again!!!
im having the same problems ur guess is as gud as mine...any1 has any suggestions or answers
Swollentoe commented on photo
1 hr ago
C402 is Comment
gyspy09 commented on ianwojc's status