Length of time on Xanax
Long story but I've been having mouth and throat issues for about 3 years, been to every doctor under the sun.  Well, had an anxiety attack and my ENT prescribed a low dose of Xanax (0.5 mg 3 x daily).  That seemed to help the anxiety somewhat.  I cut it down to usually a half tab 2 x a day. One in the morning and one before bed.  If I feel I need any during the day, I take a half pill.  It does make me feel somewhat tired but, luckily, I sure haven't had some of the side effects other have listed.  I wish it helped me sleep more, but that isn't the case.  I would like to wean off the stuff but find when I am having a bad throat day, I can get anxious and will take one.  I don't read anywhere that it is proven to have any long-term effects and one doctor told me that some people are on it for years.  Due to my chronic dry mouth and throat issues, I thought maybe this was adding to the problems but, again, don't see that as a side effect and the pharmacist said it should not cause those problems.  So, has anyone had problems with dry mouth and/or throat and a feeling of a lump or mucus stuck in your throat?  Yes, been tested for Sjorgens and the *latest* ENT doc just did tongue and parotid biopsies.
Actually, some of the bad side effects some of you are stating I had on Phenegran and Reglan. Won't go near those drugs again!!!
im having the same problems ur guess is as gud as mine...any1 has any suggestions or answers