Aa
A
A
Close
Lexapro No Longer Effective?
I have been on Lexapro 20 mg/day to treat anxietal depression for about 2 years. While it seemed to work quite well for this time, over the past few months I have noticed an emerging pattern of mood swings, easily frustrated by insignificant issues and, at times, the observation that I would not be missed if I was gone. I do not have suicidal thoughts or planning. I had been attributing this to not being able to relax at anything and the stress of daily life.

Is it possible for Lexapro to lose it's effectiveness? I see my doctor this Friday for a follow up and was thinking of asking for him to add Abilify but I really don't want to keep adding meds to this. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your body has built up a tolerance to your medication, which is very common.  When you see your doctor he will probably switch you to another medication.
Hang in there, we've all gone through this.  Take care.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hey!
I have been on Lexapro for only about a year and a half but im only taking 5 mg/ day!! I feel like I am having similar symptoms though. I take so little because I wasn't 18 yet before I started. Let me know what your doctor says about it, because I'm not sure if I should just increase the amount or change meds!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
11 mins ago
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
22 mins ago
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA