Anxiety Community
Lexapro hell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lexapro hell

I took my first 5mg dose today and now I have a major panic issue. I don't want to take it tomorrow. I've only taken this one dose- how long before it leaves my system? Does anyone have a similar experience?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1450085_tn?1298945302
hey, your doctor should have prescribed you with a benzodiazipine to go with your lexapro, a side effect of the first week of taking such anti-depressants is increased anxiety that it why doctors usually give you ativan or klonopin to go with it. i hope this helps, go to your doctor tomorrow and ask him about it. get well! :)
Blank
1448936_tn?1363209946
I took one pill of lexapro and threw the rest out. I got so panicky. I got nauseous, dizzy, shaky/tremors. It was terrible. I refuse to take it now.
Blank
You guys are scaring me!!!  Is there any other drug besides Lexapro that'd help with depression/anxiety?  
Blank
1450085_tn?1298945302
yup lots!! talk to you doc, every drug reacts differently to a different person so its a trial and error process, but one will be right for you
Blank
Could you please name a few?  Have you taken any yourself?  Thanks!!!
Blank
1450085_tn?1298945302
ya of course, theres SSRI's (selective seratonin reputake inhibitors) which include prozac, zoloft, celexa (theres more but this is off the top of my head) and then there are SNRI's (seratonin and neuropeneferin reputake inhibitors) like effexor and pristiq. i was on zoloft for a while a couple of years back but it made me gain so much weight, gave me serious insomnia and made me emotionally numb, my doc has just put me on Pristiq which i have not started yet becuase quite frankly im scared to start. i am exploring naturopathic medicine before i give in to western medicine again. hope your doing well :)
Blank
358304_tn?1409713092
Hey I'm taking 10mg Lexapro. And the first 2 or 3 days, I got this effect with it! But it's gone now! Plus I take a little benzo called klonopin, it helps calm my nerves.

Did your Dr. give you a little something to get through the rough days? I wouldnt stop taking it quite yet. Call your Dr. or a nurses hotline and get some advice. Sometimes it takes a while for your body to get used to it.

I'd say it will leave your body within 24 hours? Maybe not even that long. Lexapro takes a 2-4 weeks to build up in your system. 1 day, especially a 5mg pill isnt gonna do much.

Hang in there. Talk to your Dr. if things don't get better. k?
Blank
Thanks for the re-assurance!!  I guess I'll rough it out then,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Swollentoe commented on Ms_C's status
2 hrs ago
1712422_tn?1407308655
Blank
LovemyKids86 Aliyah will be 2 in 2 weeks... Comment