Anxiety Community
Lexapro sexual side effects
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lexapro sexual side effects

Have been taking Lexapro 20 mg for about a year and very much improved. Unable to acieve orgasm even with erection. How long does thia side effect last after weaning off Lexapro with doctor's approval???
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
In my opinion, this is probably one of the worst side effects of SSRIs.  After a taper off of these medications with the doctor's approval, you will see a marked improvement as the dosage goes down, in my experience. Sorry to be so ambiguous, but these medications effect people in different ways, but it does get much better:)....keep us posted!
Blank
358304_tn?1409713092
25/male

I am weaning of Lexapro... only 2.5mg though haha. Not very much... don't know if there is even a way to wean off of 2.5mg lol.

Anyways, it does give me a sexual side effect too.

Takes me forever to achieve orgasm...

It's like the Lexapro makes you lose that "good sensation/feeling" while performing.
Blank
I never experienced sexual side effects with Lexapro, but I have with other anxiety medications.  I didn't like it one bit!  So, when I stopped taking those particular meds, I am happy to say that all functions returned to normal :)  If you are on Lexapro, there must be a reason (anxiety?) so I wouldn't recommend not being on anything.  I'd talk to your doctor and try something else, and if that doesn't work, something else.  We all react a bit different to medications and sometimes you just have to try and try again until you find something that works well for YOU.  Good luck!
Blank
this is pssd or post ssri sexual dysfunction
Blank
sometimes Ropinirole (Requip) is also used to treat the sexual side efects of ssri
Blank
sometimes Ropinirole (Requip) is also used to treat the sexual side efects of ssri
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1410695600
Blank
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
1 min ago
Blank
gyspy09 commented on JustHelp123's status
2 hrs ago
10544388_tn?1411072063