Aa
A
A
Close
Lexapro to Wellbutrin
I have mitral valve prolapse/dysautonomia and have a tendency to have panic attacks when under stress.  I have taken a low dose (10mg) of Lexapro for a little over a year and gained 15 lbs.  Even though I was working out at the gym like an animal.  I asked my doctor if I could switch to Wellbutrin and I started taking Wellbutrin XL (150mg) 9 days ago.  There was no weening off the Lexapro - I just quit taking it and started the other.  My question is - should I have weened off the Lexapro before starting the Wellbutrin.  I feel pretty bad.  Some of it I feel sure are side effects from the Wellbutrin but some of it feels like withdrawals as well (like the swimmy, tingly head feeling and focus issues).  I also feel sick at my stomach off and on, a bit sweaty at times and a bit irritable.  Are these just side effects that might go away if I give it a bit more time or are these withdrawals from the Lexapro?  Just don't know what to do really........  Hate to stop taking the Wellbutrin because just in the 9 days I have been taking it - it has gotten rid of the food compulsion I had gotten with the Lexapro.  I just don't feel good though.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
All I know is that Wellbutrin made my anxiety much, much worse.  I'd rather gain fifty pounds than feel the way I did on Wellbutrin.  I know many people who don't feel well on Wellbutrin.  I think the bad feelings are coming from the Wellbutrin rather than from stopping the Lexapro.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
1 hr ago
Blank
Houdini_girl joined this community