Lexapro to Wellbutrin
I have mitral valve prolapse/dysautonomia and have a tendency to have panic attacks when under stress.  I have taken a low dose (10mg) of Lexapro for a little over a year and gained 15 lbs.  Even though I was working out at the gym like an animal.  I asked my doctor if I could switch to Wellbutrin and I started taking Wellbutrin XL (150mg) 9 days ago.  There was no weening off the Lexapro - I just quit taking it and started the other.  My question is - should I have weened off the Lexapro before starting the Wellbutrin.  I feel pretty bad.  Some of it I feel sure are side effects from the Wellbutrin but some of it feels like withdrawals as well (like the swimmy, tingly head feeling and focus issues).  I also feel sick at my stomach off and on, a bit sweaty at times and a bit irritable.  Are these just side effects that might go away if I give it a bit more time or are these withdrawals from the Lexapro?  Just don't know what to do really........  Hate to stop taking the Wellbutrin because just in the 9 days I have been taking it - it has gotten rid of the food compulsion I had gotten with the Lexapro.  I just don't feel good though.
All I know is that Wellbutrin made my anxiety much, much worse.  I'd rather gain fifty pounds than feel the way I did on Wellbutrin.  I know many people who don't feel well on Wellbutrin.  I think the bad feelings are coming from the Wellbutrin rather than from stopping the Lexapro.