Anxiety Community
Lightheaded and anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Lightheaded and anxiety

Anyone get lightheaded on and off throughout the day from anxiety?  the lightheadedness started for about a week, went to the dr. thinking i had a sinus infection or something, and then i started having panic attacks the next week.  i keep thinking it's the lightheadedness that caused me to be worried and have the attacks but i've been hearing it's possible to be dizzy even without panic.  started thinking i had a brain tumor or something.  i've been on meds now for 2 weeks and no more attacks, but still have that stupid lightheaded feeling when i move around.  almost feels like i need to clear my ears sometimes.  seems like it's worse in the morning too.  anyone?
First of all...welcome to the community!  Ok, you have been to the doctor and they said it was anxiety, correct?  Then you were prescribed meds...what kind of meds?  The short answer to your question about your dizziness is a resounding 'yes' in my opinion.  Anxiety/panic can cause all sorts of symptoms that we are not accustomed to.  Furthermore, once we start to focus on an initial symptom, I find that we tend to overemphasize or overstate the severity of the problem when in fact it is a 'normal' bodily sensation.  

Throughout life we will have aches and pains.  Heck, I just got back from running and I had a little bit of chest tightness which was probably because it was cold and I was going up hill.. An anxious mind would assume impending doom and that my heart was about to give out despite reassurances from the doctor and tests.  Assuming the worst is what makes this cycle so hard to overcome.

Some people have bad anxiety in the morning, others have it at night, so you are not experiencing anything unique in that department.  You will see here that you are not alone and that your story and experiences mirrors so many here and that is a good thing because you will see that this often falls into a pattern; a pattern that you can learn about and break free of.  I also suggest going to talk therapy with a professional because that will only help in the knowledge department and will help you get long term relief from this....again, welcome and keep us posted!
specialmom commented on renae176's status
xanweaner still searching for my mojo... Comment
specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms