Anxiety Community
Massive Anxiety Attack after Weed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Massive Anxiety Attack after Weed

Hello, so yesterday I had my first experience smoking weed. For a few years now I have had panic attacks off and on and I worry about ridiculous things almost every day. I took one hit of the weed and it burned my throat really bad. From that point on, I don't even know if I was high, but I just started freaking out. I cried all night, I'm terrified of going insane of being schizophrenic, I'm sensitive to lights and loud noise, I haven't been eating, I've been nauseous, my mom has been helping me and nursing me back but I'm just so full of regret and fear that something horrible happened to me or that I am or will go crazy. Insanity is like my biggest fear. I am 19 by the way. Thanks so much for any help.
Tags: weed, Anxiety, Panic, attack, help
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you only took one hit of the weed, that may have triggered a panic attack, but it will NOT cause you to go insane or become schizophrenic. Your symptoms are all very classic for panic disorder and since your mom seems to be sensitive and supportive (she DOES know about the weed, right? If not, tell her!) In my humble opinion, I think you need to seek professional help for whatever is at the root of your panic. You can deal with it now, or you can ignore it and plan on years of misery. The longer you wait, the harder it becomes.
Take it from someome who kept it inside for 20 years. The most miserable years of my life and I will never get them back. Be smarter than I was.
What you have is often curable and always treatable.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Blank
Thank you so much, I mentioned the getting help thing to my mom and she's going to try and do something. It's hard cause she's very poor and my dad is completely unsupportive. I do really appreciate your help though, thanks again.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
6990909_tn?1402598510
Blank
jugglin commented on Almost 8 months off S...
38 mins ago
1742220_tn?1331360327
Blank
meegWpaw commented on Almost 8 months off S...
1 hr ago
6942344_tn?1405732905
Blank
Almost 8 months off Subutex !!!
2 hrs ago by Amandag78
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723