Massive Anxiety Attack after Weed
Hello, so yesterday I had my first experience smoking weed. For a few years now I have had panic attacks off and on and I worry about ridiculous things almost every day. I took one hit of the weed and it burned my throat really bad. From that point on, I don't even know if I was high, but I just started freaking out. I cried all night, I'm terrified of going insane of being schizophrenic, I'm sensitive to lights and loud noise, I haven't been eating, I've been nauseous, my mom has been helping me and nursing me back but I'm just so full of regret and fear that something horrible happened to me or that I am or will go crazy. Insanity is like my biggest fear. I am 19 by the way. Thanks so much for any help.
If you only took one hit of the weed, that may have triggered a panic attack, but it will NOT cause you to go insane or become schizophrenic. Your symptoms are all very classic for panic disorder and since your mom seems to be sensitive and supportive (she DOES know about the weed, right? If not, tell her!) In my humble opinion, I think you need to seek professional help for whatever is at the root of your panic. You can deal with it now, or you can ignore it and plan on years of misery. The longer you wait, the harder it becomes.
Take it from someome who kept it inside for 20 years. The most miserable years of my life and I will never get them back. Be smarter than I was.
What you have is often curable and always treatable.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Thank you so much, I mentioned the getting help thing to my mom and she's going to try and do something. It's hard cause she's very poor and my dad is completely unsupportive. I do really appreciate your help though, thanks again.