Menstral Cycle and Anxiety

I m wondering if anxiety could be associated with my menstral cycle coupled with mild depression.  I do have an anxiety disorder but Ive been feeling heavier anxiety than usual for the past 2 days and I just got my period yesterday so Im wondering if that could be related to my menstral cycle due to increased hormones, etc.   Ive been experiencing shortness of breath, nervousness, and some some light headiness.  I havent had an attack or something, Just been feeling more off for the past 2 months and recently started to feel better about a week ago because my doctor said that I may have allergies and gave me Veramyst which I have been for about a week now and been feeling somewhat  better as far as dizziness/light headiness is concerned. I did have other symptons such as disorientation, out of sync feeling, feeling some depression, feeling of being disattached from my body, shortness of breath, etc...I ve just been feeling more anxiety than for the past 2 days so could that be related to my period?  

i guess it's possible to be related to your menstral cycle, it happens to me from the anticipation of starting it. i don't use birth control pills but do use contraception so i'm not worried about being pregnant every month, i just get anxious because it is a pain to deal with on top of everything else. just one more thing to attend to. some birth control pills can cause anxiety. may be some medicine you're on. talk to your doctor about this, they would be better to answer questions because they know more about your medicines and you in general.
Yes, anxiety can be associated with hormone fluctuation especially when coupled with extra stress(allergies or other kinds of stress)/depression. New medication can also be a source. It can be difficult to distinguish between the original anxiety, stressinduced anxiety and the medication-induced anxiety(if there is any). The hormon system is complicated as such and I know from my own experience that stress(increased stresshormone levels) causes me to become more emotional labile during the menstrual cycle. It all connects(not always appreciable):)

Kind regards
Nora
Yes, most definitely being near your cycle can cause the anxiety problems to flare up. Our hormones go through changes during this time, and these changes can sometimes cause a run of anxiety. I have books about hormones, and this is one of the main symptoms of fluctuating hormones.  
I think your dizziness may be due to anxiety. I went to the doctor, neurologist, ENT regarding this matter. ( I had been in a bad accident and though it was something to do with a severe blow to the head). They gave me 5 different  diagnoses from Migraine, to ear infection, anxiety but I believe it to be anxiety, It can also cause a sensivity to light, noise.

Try exercise, I always keep my exercise regimen up even around my time of the month, even if you are tired just do a light workout- it really helps ease the symptoms.
Hi, thanks for the comment. How could gluten cause panic attacks?? That is soo weird... How can an allergy cause anxiety/panic? I ve never heard of that.. Yes, I feel slightly better since taking the allergy medicine about 2 wks ago but Im still not a 100%... I started to feel more anxiety when I got my period and during it... I know sometimes anxiety can be a symptom of PMS but can it be a symptom during the period also???   How did you find out you were allergic to gluten?  Maybe I should test for the same thing... I just dont know how....
Well dizziness can be a symptom of anxiety when you are actually having an attack or feeling anxious... I have been feeling light headed/dizzy without the actual anxiety feeling ( they way you get when you are about to fly) but def with other symtoms. The dizziness/light headiness has eased down but now Im feeling the other symptoms of anxiety. Maybe I have a combination of anxiety and allergies and the allergies triggers the anxiety, who knows really... I was very close to getting an MRI done because I thought I had a brain tumor that was causing me to feel this weird way...
Hi, I had the anxiety prior and during my period, is that normal?  I am almost over my period but I have moments where the anxiety hits me and I feel really weird like Im disatached from my body, feeling of unreality along with other symptoms... I have this feeling!
i have had that before i suffer with anxiety and when i have a bad period month e.g heavy painul ect i get really weird like Im disatached from my body, feeling of unreality and light headedness i mean isnt your period bad enough alone lol x
As a man, I gotta tell you, menstrual cycles can cause all kinds of weirdness.  My wife can suddenly become someone else for a while.  If you really want to know about menstrual cycles and behavior, ask us men (at least us heterosexual men), hell yeah, it can cause anxiety.

"My wife can suddenly become someone else for a while."

Ha ha ha ha..... Yes, I guess it's an idea to ask you men about this problem.

"(....)hell yeah, it can cause anxiety". No doubt! :D