Anxiety Community
Mirapex vs. Requip (ropinirole HCI)

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Mirapex vs. Requip (ropinirole HCI)

I have severe Restless leg Syndrome.  I have been on Mirapex for about 6 years now, and never had a problem.  I am unemployed now, and do not have any health insurance.  My doctor has been great to give me samples, however; they are out of them right now.  My doctor tried giving me clonazepam 1 mg 2 nights ago, I walked the floors and tossed and turned all night.  I called my doctor, and she said to increase my clonazepam to 2mg before bed.  I felt the affect of being goofy and my speech slurring, but still no sleep.  I called again today, and she gave me a prescription for Requip (since there is a generic for it, and is less expensive than Mirapex).  She started me on the starter pack.  I take 1/2 of a .25 mg tablet for 4 days @ bedtime, then 1 full .50 tablet for 4 days @ bedtime, finally then 2 tablets 1 mg after that.  I am concerened that since I have been taking 1 mg of Mirapex, that the dose of Requip won't be enough.  
I would suggest worrying about it AFTER you've tried it and it doesn't work.
And very possibly a dose increase if it doesn't seem to be working and is a safe option, will bring you the same relief as the Mirapex did. (But do NOT increase the dose without consulting your doc first!)
Don't build bridges until you have to!
I wish you the best.
Peace
Greenlydia
Truth in Olive Oil
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
The Other
9 hrs ago by The_Other
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms