Anxiety Community
Miscarry and panic attacks

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Miscarry and panic attacks

I feel really depressed since yesterday at the er.
I feel lightheaded, and my cheeks go numb, I have chest pain and shortness of breathe.
I keep thinking I am going to have a stroke or I am gonna have a seizer.
I am just really stressed out tho since yesterday. Is this normal after losing my baby yesterday?
I was in the er all day and they did blood tests and even checked my heart rate and vitals then they sent me home.
I started getting the numb  cheeks last night after freaking out. anyone else have this??
Hi there

I read your post and had to reply. It sounds to me like you are suffering from anxiety related to what happened to you. I can't imagine what it's like to experience what you did and our bodies react to stress and pressures in very different ways. I suffer from anxiety myself and each symptom that you have mentioned is totally related to anxiety. Your body is reacting to the situation. Of course you're going to be stressed out and the fact that they checked your heart rate and other vitals at the hospital is a good sign, especially sending you home afterwards they can't have been worried.

The only way I can describe to you is how it usually happens to me.....something will trigger the anxiety, my cheek and part of my lip goes numb, then my arm and sometimes it goes to my leg too. I then start to panic about that which makes my breathing feel funny, my chest feels funny, not pain as such but feels very 'heavy' and this sometimes goes into my back too. My mouth goes dry and sometimes I start to shake from being terrified that something serious is wrong with me.........I have seen doctors, read books, researched the internet and it would appear that I have anxiety. I have started to learn (slowly) how to control it.

I can only assume that the awful situation you were faced with has caused your body to react in this way. I would suggest if you feel so scared to visit your doc or go to the ER and let them check you out, but I honestly think it will be some form of anxiety/stress from what you've experienced.

Take care x
Thanks so much, I have been having alot of chest pain, feel dizzy and light headed and just depressed. I get headaches aswell but since the er docs said I was fine the day of my loss that I am going to believe what they say. I have been feeling dizzy alot lately only because I think about it. it is either my heart or my dizziness that triggers my attacks.
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
jameslynn19 is hoping for a good day! Comment
dan5678 is ... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms