ANXIETY
COMMUNITY
Mixing Birth control pills and SSRI
by Ljohnson02, May 19, 2011
Ive been taking 10mg of lexapro, and xanax for over a month to help control my anxiety.  I started my birth control pills for the first time since being on my meds.  Within a week, my anxiety returned, along with feelings of panic.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  I have stopped my birth control pills and will consider another form of birth control.
Member Comments (3)
by muslimgirl, May 19, 2011
I had a problem sort of like that. I think what the doctor told me was that, she wanted to put me on a different dose of birth control, because it makes your hormones do funky things (well obviously), so your moods might be a bit irratic.
by lilymoon, May 20, 2011
I found they made me depressed,as they mess a little with your hormones its logical some people experience mental side effects.Lily
by travswife, Oct 08, 2011
I have been going through what I would call terrible anxiety and depression since starting and stopping yaz bc pills! I only took them for a few days but I did not feel this way until I took the pill! I have questioned everything in my life including whether I believed on God and I am a god fearing kind of girl! This has been going on for the past 4 months and I'm not sure about all of your symptoms but basically I wake every morning feeling like a stranger in my own body! I can tell you though the Lord is good and he will see all of us through this, and remember everything happens for a reason! God bless! Oh and I just found out I was pregnant!