Aa
A
A
Close
1325193 tn?1450131036
Mixing Lexapro with muscle relaxer
I was hoping for an answer with this one. I recently was hurt again, and since I refuse to take any time off from work, my doc. put me on flexirill (sorry for the misspelling) its a muscle relaxer. Anyway, I have been taking Lexapro for GAD and was wondering if I was hurting myself by taking this. I have only taken 2 and while it does help with the pain, I am starting to have some signs of anxiety again. Anyone have any thoughts???
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
370181 tn?1428180348
As long as you told your doctor you were taking Lexapro, he/she would not have put you on something contraindicated. Call your local pharmacist and ask them if there is any interactions with these meds. (There won't be) So relax, you are not harming yourself except by stressing out.
I can't see any reason a muscle relaxant would trigger anxiety, but we are all incredibly different in how we react to medications. You need to speak with your doctor about the increase in anxiety. If the pain is really bad, that could possibly set off some anxiety.....you could ask the pharmacist that as well.
You'll be fine.
Peace
Greenlydia
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I seldom trust docs completely anymore, but when I was on Lexapro, I was suggested to go on a muscle relaxer, I think the same one you're talking about, and the doc said it wouldn't interfere with Lexapro.  Don't remember what the situation was anymore, and I didn't take the muscle relaxer, but just one person's experience.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
19264658 tn?1474865461
Blank
Lonelygirl28 uploaded a new photo
11 hrs ago
Blank
168348 tn?1379360675