Anxiety Community
Mixing Lexapro with muscle relaxer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mixing Lexapro with muscle relaxer

I was hoping for an answer with this one. I recently was hurt again, and since I refuse to take any time off from work, my doc. put me on flexirill (sorry for the misspelling) its a muscle relaxer. Anyway, I have been taking Lexapro for GAD and was wondering if I was hurting myself by taking this. I have only taken 2 and while it does help with the pain, I am starting to have some signs of anxiety again. Anyone have any thoughts???
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
As long as you told your doctor you were taking Lexapro, he/she would not have put you on something contraindicated. Call your local pharmacist and ask them if there is any interactions with these meds. (There won't be) So relax, you are not harming yourself except by stressing out.
I can't see any reason a muscle relaxant would trigger anxiety, but we are all incredibly different in how we react to medications. You need to speak with your doctor about the increase in anxiety. If the pain is really bad, that could possibly set off some anxiety.....you could ask the pharmacist that as well.
You'll be fine.
Peace
Greenlydia
Blank
I seldom trust docs completely anymore, but when I was on Lexapro, I was suggested to go on a muscle relaxer, I think the same one you're talking about, and the doc said it wouldn't interfere with Lexapro.  Don't remember what the situation was anymore, and I didn't take the muscle relaxer, but just one person's experience.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
6 hrs ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
10 hrs ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on photo
10 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker