Anxiety Community
Morning Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Morning Anxiety

Does anyone else wake up every morning with a hazy feeling like their eyes aren't working right, sweating and weakness. Almost every morning I wake up really early, 5 ish and can't go back to sleep and am sweating and feel really weak. Also I feel awesome in the evenings I don't know if it is because I get to go to bed but it is strange. I also expect myself to wake every morning feeling like this so that probably doesn't help. I haven't been getting any sleep and if I try to lay down in the afternoon for a nap I can't sleep because my thoughts are racing. I am currently taking 75mg of effexor and lorazepam as needed. I try not to take the lorezepam at night because I don't want to become dependent on it and I have no problem falling to sleep, I just can't go back to sleep when I wake up early. I hate it and don't know how to stop it. Does anyone else experience the sweating, hazy weakness in the morning???
I'm 16 and i suffer from anxeity disorder.  I don't have the sweating, or weakness. Although sometimes i do wake up and i think im going blind in my right eye, or sometimes randomly throughough the day my eyes will unfocus for a couple seconds and i think its all because of anxeity.  Yes, i feel like that in the morning too, my eyes are hazy.  & when i lay down to go to bed, my thoughts are racing, racing, racing and i start thinking about it and i cant sleep untill im soo tired i just fall asleep.  When i wake up my eyes are like that and throughtout the day im kinda okay, but whenever its time to go to bed my thoughts just race too.
I used to feel similar in the morning but now if I do have anxiety its at night. Its been years since I woke up like that but here are some suggestions and things I did that helped. I quite drinking caffeine completely cuz its bad for anxiety. If you don't wanna totally kick it, try stop drinking atleast 3 to 4 hours before bed. When your body has time to proccess it you will wake up better. Same thing with suagar and fatty foods. Try to focus on happy thoughts or breathing excersizes so your last thoughts before sleep are happy. If you do wake up anxious excersize to help your mind and body deal with all the adrenalin anxiety produces. I'm no dr though.
mishymoshymarcy not all who wander are lost... Comment
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
TinaR10 commented on End of my ttc journey...