Anxiety Community
Morning Anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Morning Anxiety

I have been doing pretty well with my anxiety except for the mornings.  EVERY MORNING I wake up and get nausea and uneasiness.  It usually lasts about an hour or two and then I am fine, but what can I do to get rid of this?  Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Related Discussions
-2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
200828_tn?1209921575
Morning anxiety, hmmm....  Why do so many A/P sufferers have this problem?  I had it big time a few months ago.  The only thing I found which really helped was not going to sleep on a full stomach and getting enough sleep.  However, sometimes that didn't even help.   A couple of times, I went out for a walk in the morning and that did alleviate my anxiety.  I don't know how you feel about going out of the house though.    Do you think this morning anxiety is related to your being at home for the summer?

Anyway, hopefully someone will respond with some helpful advice.  

BTW: My blood results for my Thalassemia are not in yet.  Can you believe that?  It's been more than a week!
Blank
I have evening anxiety...........maybe it is sundowner's syndrome..........lol.
Blank
I have always been a high-strung person, but I used to have no problem sleeping. Then, about two years ago, I went through a bout of insomnia. Now, I can generally fall asleep, but I wake up early morning (even if I went to bed late) with the most horrible nervous stomach ever. Sometimes my heart races, too. It's killing me. I read through a lot of posts, but I was wondering if anyone had found anything that helps. Thanks!
Blank
366811_tn?1217426272
So, tell us ...what happens that makes it go away? What's different?
Blank
I don't have nausea in morning just dizziness and my heart starts to race...I find that getting right up and getting dressed to my car.  I eat breakfast in my car and then go to work...If I stick around house for too long it only exacerbates the situation...After I eat and drink some coffee I take a .25 of xanax which takes the edge off for the rest of morning...My dr. has just put me on lexapro 5mg and I am hoping that it will help me with my morning episodes.  I am going to see a cognitive therapist next thursday to learn relaxation exercises and I will let you know how that goes :)

God Bless...
Mary
Blank
I too had this I asked the Dr..here's the short story ..when we sleep our subconcious mind takes over ..its how we breath, heart beat etc..while were sleeping .....this part of the mind is free to wander or do whatever since we are not conciously controlling it...thats why sometimes we anxiety folks will wake mid panic attack or feel worse in the AM .

I've found being in a better frame of mind before I go to sleep(i.e meditate, pray, hot shower, realxing music) directly before I sleep limits this tremendously ...God Bless
Blank
I think I am going to try that thanks...I had such a bad panic attack this morning that I had to call in sick (again) I took a xanax and feel a little better...but I am getting very worried this is the third day in a row of work i missed and everyone is very very nice but I want to get my act together...
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
2 hrs ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 My Sister has passed on.. ... Comment
2 hrs ago
Blank