Anxiety Community
Muscle Pain due to anxiety???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Muscle Pain due to anxiety???

Does anyone have muscle pains with their anxiety?  I[ve been experiencing some weird pain for several months now and the docs cannot figure out what it is.  My family doc said he thought it could all be a result of anxiety/depression and gave me Cymbalta to try.  Unfortunately I could not tolerate it.  I've been worrying and not feeling well so much cause of this pain that I know I have been talking myself into anxiety episodes.  such a viscious cycle.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced muscled pain related to anxiety?
I absolutely can relate to this.     I have suffered from fibromyalgia most of my life.    One of the worst aggravating factors that increases my body pain is anxiety (stress and tension).     It means I am tensing body muscles,  stiffening my body which causes more pressure on my tender trigger points on my body.   When that happens,  my body begins to hurt all over.     If I can remain in a state of relaxation,   this greatly helps my condition with far less pain and body soreness.
i suffer bad muscle pains in my leg it is constant,doc says it muscle strain.worse when i am stressed.
Yeah muscle pain is a common anxiety symptom. I have experienced this anxiety symptom before as well. You coined the problem.. "vicious cycle"!  Has something happened recently to cause you anxiety/depression? Take care.. feel better :)
I have extreme muscle and joint pain. people who don't suffer from depression or anxiety don't understand. They think I make my symptoms up, or say that I'm the only person they know who is always feeling bad. I wish it wasn't like this, but what can you do. Does anyone have ways to relax the muscles, nerves and joints...If so please post anything will help....Hope everything works out for...Know you're not alone...This is a great site, Today is my first day on the site.....
try to rest it as much as poss,put up high try to ignore the pain and it should fade,docs have given me anti inflammotory tablets for my,ignore those who mock you just post to us,
Hey! I'm 17 and i get pains after pains after pains due to anxiety! Mainly in my arms and neck, but sometimes legs and other places! It drives me insane, as these pains just affect me all day everyday!
It frustrates me when I read about so many people in pain and doctors blaming it on anxiety.  Well of course your going to have anxiety when you don't feel well and your going to doctor after doctor and all they want to do is give you a prescription for something that's going to put you into a coma. Muscle pain is due to a vitamin D deficiency because without vitamin D you cannot absorb calcium properly which is needed for all your muscles all over your body, stomach, skin etc. Without calcium you cannot hydrate properly and you will suffer with all kinds of health problems. Optimal levels for Vitamin D are 50-80  Unless you are out in the sun 3 times a week with 80% of your body exposed and no sunscreen on then you have a vitamin D deficiency.  You can buy vitamin D 5000iu softgels at most drug stores or health food stores for about $10. alot cheaper than all those prescriptions that don't seem to be working right. Take one a day and see how you feel. Some people start to feel better in days and for some it's months depending on how long you've been suffering
Actually, more likely a magnesium deficiency, because of the overuse of calcium, which leaches magnesium out of the body and our overuse of dairy products and underuse of green veggies, so we get tons of calcium and little magnesium.  Anxiety can also be a product of insufficient magnesium.  D is also quite important, however, so this isn't to say that isn't a problem now that people avoid the sun so much.  And although anxiety can cause muscle problems, anxiety isn't always the reason for everything.  You can be anxious and have something else wrong.  Also, most anti-depressants interfere with magnesium absorption, so medication can also cause muscle pain in people who are taking meds for anxiety.  It's a tricky world.  For years I ignored pain in my neck, assuming it was anxiety, but I had a disc problem.  We should always rule out the physiological before assuming it's anxiety and going on a medication that isn't for what's wrong with us.  
specialmom commented on melimeli's status
1 min ago
melimeli So I've lost 28 lbs :) Comment
3 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on photo
1 hr ago