My Brain and Nicotine
To: Nicotine and Mental Symptoms
I am aware that smoking is a serious problem and quitting is something I hope to do but it will take a miracle..That being said, here is my problem On many occasions after I smoke several cigarettes, mentally I start feeling anxiety and the thoughts in my head become faster and louder.. ( I do not have a mental illness) This only happens after smoking..I know the easy fix is quit but the addiction currently has   a hold of me...I seriosly feel like I am losing my mind in those moments..completely and am wondering what is happening...it doesnt usually happen after one cigarette but after a couple...I am wanting to understand what is happening to my brain and if anyone else has heard of this..It is scaring me as I feel like I am lsong my mind. MM 38.
Nicotine can act as a stimulant which can release adrenaline that will make your heart often beat more rapidly.   Yet it sometimes makes you feel relaxed and energized.     It plays games with your brain's chemistry.      But it also does so much damage to your lungs and body.      You really have to make an effort to quit no matter what.