Anxiety Community
My Fears with Panic and Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

My Fears with Panic and Anxiety

I am posting this to see if anyone has the same fears with anxiety and panic. I have had anxiety episodes on and off for the past 30 plus years. These last in duration for maybe a month or longer and the severity is always different. They then disipate into nothing and I return to "normal" with some residual fear.

About 2 months ago I was awaken by a mild panic attack. Out of nowhere I was hit with this attack. Since then the anxiety has increased at times, subsided to to point that it was over and then come back full force. The fears and thoughts with each episode are sometimes the same and depending on how severe the anxiety.

This last bout has hit me with some new thought fears that I struggle with each day. I am going to list these fears;

Fear of going anywhere. Although I do go out and work everyday and I do what needs to be done at home, I fear going outside. This usually starts when I begin to think about the outdoors in an unreal setting. (I've done all this before during past episodes).

Fear of being in such an anxiety state that I cannot function and work. I am put on total disability for my "illness" and cannot work.

Constant fear of a panic attack that I will bring on and I'll lose control. After losing control, I am in a constant derealization state. Lost, scared and needing help with no one that can do anything for me. This is a very powerfull thought and fear.

Fear of going to bed. I have had a few recent nights that I had major panic/anxiety attacks. Waking up in the morning is always moment packed with fear.

Fear of taking a nap. I am a big nap guy. I just love them. However, I recntly fell to sleep on the couch while watching TV. I awole both times in an unreal state with some panic.

Fear of Fear.

Fear of losing control of myself and hurt myself or others. Very uncomfortable with this thought especially that a co-worker just comtited a bizarre act of attempted murder/suicide.

The fear I have of the outside is thinking of things in an unreal state. There is almost a mood or atmosphere that I think about that just brings panic on.

Fear of a nervous breakdown and ending up in an institution taking years to recover.

Fear of putting up with this until I have had enough.

Fear of losing my family because of anxiety

Fear of depression and other mental illnesses.

Fear of the future.

Fear of exercising. i was running confidently everyday until this anxiety hit. I was jogging and everything looked unreal. At this point I convinced myself that running will bring on an attack. I started up again about three weeks later and was feeling fine and then anxiety hit again so I stopped running.

Please respond and list any similarities. There are times I am just so locked in my head. I have always come out of these episodes like I stated above. This time around feels a little different. I sometimes feel positive like everything will work out and other times I feel like there is no way out.

I am 23 going throgh exact fear fear of future is what I am fixated on right now you just gotta keep doin activities u always do I quit driving which is awful but im trying again its hard but u can do it as for me its easier said than done lol if u need to talk sometimes it help to know ur not alone
Amandag78 commented on travel_melb's status
24 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on nonights's status
36 mins ago
cctailor commented on Tramadol & Ultram...