My brains has these fast motion periods where everything around me is going in fast motion what is it?
I'm 14 years old and I have these periods where my brain starts to race and it feels like everything is going in fast motion. When I talk, somebody is talking, music is playing or when I walk it feels like everything is going in fast motion like everything is being extremely rushed.It happens at least once every 2 weeks but i've had it twice this week . This only happened to me about 2 times in the past year but also I get these patterns of noises in my head when I'm lying in bed and it keeps me from sleeping.I just wanted to know what it was because I honestly am scared and my mother laughs at me when i try to tell her that something is wrong and it frustrates me
Derealalization is the word. Like the world is going at 1,000 mph and you are going at only 1 mph. Been there and done that. Can be daunting at times. But there is no cure, as such, for it. It just vanishes in time. I think the more I got used to my condition the less it happened. Can't say much about the noises in your head. Unless you are hearing your pulse / heart. Can happen when lying down. Bumping noises. May be way off the mark. Only you know the answer to that one.
Make sure that you are not having a lot of caffeine.  My brain gets "funky" when I used to have too much.  I know you are only 14...most likely don't drink coffee..(?) but try to drink caffeine free pop and don't do the "energy drinks".  Good Luck
I know this post is from a few years ago, but im REALLY hoping you will respond to this. you are the only other person I know who has accurately described that horrible "rushed" feeling that ive experienced. I wanted to cry when I read this post because I seriously couldnt find ANYTHING online about what I was going through and thought I was going crazy. Do you still have those experiences, and have you found a way to alleviate the symptoms?
I have exactly the same symptoms. Im 27 years old and ive had them since I was 3. They get worse and longer every time! Ive tried to explain this to other people before, but nobody seems to understand.
I think one just has to live with it. It only happens when you are still and not doing much or under alot of stress...
I would be glad to comment on it when ever you like.
I had the same thing in my youth. I'm 29 now and can't remember the last time this happened to me. I guess they just went away for me. Good to see that I wasn't the only one!
I am 26 and I had these feelings a lot when I was a child. I tried to describe it to other people but they never understood. I got the same thing that I can only describe as fast-motion, where everything seems to be moving quicker and louder than I can process. The sounds are the worst because if you lie still and close your eyes, you can get rid of the fast motion. Trying to make silence is more difficult.
The reason I was searching for this was because these feeling have just started again over the last few weeks. They don't last long but it's so disorientating.
The other feeling I had was an heightened sense of touch where I imagined the feelings of rough and bumpy and it felt like my tongue was too big for my mouth.
I also got the voices in my head when I was a child at the same time, I don't get that anymore. They never made sense, they were just voices.
It's a shame there's no proper description of it.
Hi Im 37 I got on the internet to try & find out whats been going on with me! I sleep with the TV on & I wake up & its like the TV is on fast forward & the people are moving really fast...I have never told anyone this not even my husband of 21 years Its just been going on like 6 months & it happens about every week or so....
It is scary indeed! I had it all of a sudden now while preparing some ingredients for dinner. And I try to do it in slow motion but somehow it's just looks fast to me. I tested my pulse rate it's normal within the range of 70-80.

My brain is seemingly confused ! I feel like It's not my brain at all connecting to my body. It's very scary to have this weird symptoms.

Never has it since the past few yrs. My first encounter was when I was sick down with a fever and I could see d fan is moving just on top of my head almost slashing me like those 3D's movies.

Then many yrs later I had been experiencing it however it's only once or twice in a year, I couldn't remember as they r not often. And again now after so long of not experiencing it.

However, I had my chiropractic adjustment done last 4 days and I was sneezing badly the very next day and my under jaw, forehead, eyes, back of my head hurts. It's like I have hurt my whole head with those sneezes. My ears are aching too. When I press onto the sides of my ears where the jaw bones are located, it hurts. And I could feel a few branches of nerves along these areas down to my neck, from the  back of the ears. And that also hurts. Did I hurt my nervous systems ? And causing my brain to receive wrong signals from my nerves?

So far never experience it before after all my chiro treatments for 3 months. I have had imbalances, dizziness, blurry vision, where the specialists couldn't help with giving me a correct diagnosis instead I felt improvements through chiropractic adjustments. Which I suppose it's related to the nervous system whereby my upper cervical spine has some subluxation on my c2. Where it's already rotated from the x ray.

Also I have a mild scoliosis seen from x ray too. With history of cervical spondylosis from c4-c6 level. Also remarks from x ray shows early lumbar spondylosis and a mildly rotated pelvic bone .

I'm only 28 this year which my chiropractor says it's not common though for a young person like me to have all these issues.
I also had the same thing. The feeling that everything is going at high speed. I would get it when i would be standing still or sitting down . It would hit me suddenly. Where i felt it the most was when i would be walking. It felt like i was running instead of walking. It would only last for about 10-30 minutes at a time. Its been a long time since i had another episode. I used to get it as a child (around 8-10 years old). Im 38 now and i havent got it since. Its strange that there isnt any information on this, or a name for it.
People have always told me that these were panic attacks, but my symptoms don't add up to those of a panic attack. For me it is pretty sudden, but i can feel them coming on right before hand. Everything starts moving in fast motion and even my thoughts are loud and sudden; almost as if in a scary movie or something. I know this is strange, but the thing that it reminds me most of is in the movie "Sixth Sense", when the boy see's the ghost of the woman in the kitchen who's wrists are cut and she yells "look at me! look what you've done!" Really weird, but the way she yells is kinda how the words in my mind sound. Also, when i look around, i feel like I'm moving in a panic-like motion, but I'm not panicking necessarily at all. I thought looking in the mirror to see that I'm fine would help, but when i do so even the moment of my eyes and look on my face feels weird. It is so hard to describe; nearly impossible. But you guys are describing it pretty well. There's like an element missing though that is indescribable; i wish i could have a doctor or my dad feel what I am feeling so they can understand. The first time i recall having this i was a child and had a fever and was delusional, so the attack was exemplified. I'm 22 now, and i hadn't had one in quite some time, like a matter of a few years, but recently since under a lot of stress and thinking a lot to myself, I've been having them often again. Mine only seem to last about 15minutes. Does anybody relate to what i'm saying? Or do i sound like a nut? When i try to describe it to someone in person I definitely feel like i look/sound like a nut. lol
i have the same thing and i have found a way to get rid of it. go in a complete quite bathroom where there is no sound at all, get close to the mirror, and stare into your own eyes, be totally still, and count backwards from 10 very very slow, with slow deep inhale and exhale. it works for me 90% of the time, hope it helps, also, im 21 and have had this experience sense i was 6, and have trained my self to get rid of it this way.
We have a 7 year old who has recently said that she is experiencing times when she's moving slowly but her brain is moving really quickly, she is also experiencing the opposite when for no reason everything moves in slow motion.  Could this be stress?  I know she's only 7 but it happens.
I have the same thing but i have never been able to eloquently describe it. My story is the same as the other commenters. I first got it when I was around 4 years old and it would freak me out. I would purposely try to slow down my movements to get it to stop. And then suddenly it would just go away as suddenly as it came. I kept having the episodes maybe 2 times a year until I was 10 and then it went away. It happened again in high school and once more this past year, I'm 23. Its not anything so severe but I would like to at least give it a name and know what is happening to me when i experience it.
aw. this is what happening to me right now. im currently studying and everything goes fast. i feel like i am the flash. ****. what am i gonna do? this happens a lot when im studying and hitting some coffee
I started getting these fast motion episodes at work about 10 years ago.  Felt really confused because I had no clue what was going on.  Haven't had them in a while now but now my 9 year old son felt that way today.  Is it hereditary?  I don't know if I should try explaining to him that I had it before and he might have it and there is nothing to worry about and it will pass.  He is sick, he has a fever and soar throat and I told him it might be from that.  Not sure what to tell him.
I have an 8 year old daughter who over the past month has been having these "fast feelings" .  I feel so bad for her.  She crys.  She seems to get them when it is quiet, like going to bed, taking a shower, reading.  I try to tell her to sing out loud or go to a mirror and talk to herself.  It has worked.  I have never heard of this before.  I am glad to hear other kids, or adults have had these feellings too.  It's just what they have described, everything is moving fast when it's not.  She hates it and wants me to tell her doctor because she just wants it to go away.  I haven't said anything yet.  Just wondering has anyone found out what it is and what causes it?  or any advise to help it stop?

Li714
Hmm, I experience the opposite.  For me it's in slow motion, except it's in my head.
It's not to common but it's kind of annoying and a little scary in how I can't explain it.
I had the everything in fast forward thing going on when I was a kid also.  It started after a good friend of mine got hit by a car and I was going to visit him in hospital.  I probably had it 40 times in my early teens.  I did not have it again for 20 years but had one again a year or so ago.  I realize now it was a mini panic attack.  Interestingly when I had it recently I kind of rode it and did not fear it.  
WOW. I cant believe this I get this as well. I was really thinking that I was the only person to get these. I have had them since I was a child and I used to get really upset and scared. But I am now 21 and just used to it. I don't get them all the time. It is usually at night and I feel like it seems to be after exercise but maybe not. I feel fine but my mind is just racing so fast and everything around me is going at crazy speeds. I have never worked out what is was nor a way to stop it from happening. So I always just let it happen and eventually pass. I am beginning to think it might be a bit of anxiety or just from being really tired, but I asked my parents if I was a stressed kid and they said not at all. :S so strange. haha glad im not the only one though
2008?
Hello my name is Rosie, I am experiencing this right now. This is the first time this has happened to me in years. I have never found anyone else who experiences it and nobody I have told understands it. Does anyone know why or how it happens?
when it first starting the fast mosion...ill be watching tv or driving or walking its like some one steped on the gas petle in my brain every thing started going real fast and I felt like I was going real slow when I was walking down hall I all was walk every day it felt like it was longer to go down that hall when I lay down my fan would be so loud and when I shut my eyes and here the fan it would sound like angry voices in my mind ...it started when I was 18 years old sometimes it would last 10 -30 mins  I think its stress cuz when I feel bad or sick it would last longer...to me it kinda feels like a spiderman sense every thing is super loud and inhants
I'm 14 and I have had this fast motion thing in my head ever since I can remember! It happens to me only when I wake up in the morning every few months, and it takes about an hour for it to slow down back to normal... I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one!
I got a anxeity and when for instined i watch tv or anywhere in the background it seems like everthing is moving why someone help me it is doing my head in i am 21 male
This happened to me as a kid when I would run a fever but then started randomly happening like if I was in school and stressing/thinking a lot and just sitting still I'd feel like I was crazy and I tried to explain it to my parents and siblings and they would think it was silly. The last time it happened to be was when I had the flu at 18. I'm now 27 and a mother of two and my daughter has this happen to her. It's pretty scary and her dad doesn't understand but I totally do and I just talk her through it and it helps her. If you never had it happen honestly you have no idea how it truly feels! I just want to know what it means and why it happens...
This is actually to everyone...I have had these sensations since I was a child.  Now, I have teenagers and when they were about 7 and 9 years old they both came to me and asked me if I went fast.  I knew exactly what they meant and smiled, and said Yes.  My husband had no clue what this was about.  
I have alsways been open to spiritual matters.  My son, not long after admitted to being able to see colors (auras).  I am vibration and frequency sensitive.  My daughter is too.  We have since embraced this gift, mediatate through it, journaled through it and find that it is an intense connection that should not be ignored.  Don't be afraid.  
I relate with all the posts on this board.

You are here reading this post because likely you are feeling scared, confused and a little (or a lot helpless). First relax, as much as possible, if you are experiencing this as you read. IT WILL GO AWAY hopefully in a few minutes. keep that in mind and it should make you feel a little better.
For me, I have found laying down (if possible) and closing my eyes and trying to breath normally helps to make it go away.

My symptoms are:
- have had this since I was very young, went away for few years and comes back randomly.
- Things are moving faster than normal
- objects are almost distorted in size, when my eyes are closed its almost like my surroundings are getting really large (that's as accurate as I can describe it)
- I can usually hear my heart beat loudly
- my arms and  some other body parts are sensitive and tingle
- I often get this when I have a fever or body or mind is under stress

Stay strong, don't despair, you will feel better. Go see a doctor if it keeps happening often, they may have more answers. if the first one doesn't help go to another more competent one. Tell your loved ones so they can help you through it.

Take care

: )
ive had this happenen to in the last 2weeks feeling lasted for bout 10mins everything was goin really fast also another time i had the feeling my bedroom was huge like a big hall very strange aint been right since really starting to worry me and the feeling of not being real in dream world any one else had this been for a blood test and wanting for a mri
I am glad I finally found a forum that had people describing the same symptoms as I have. Mine started when I was about 7 years old when I was running a fever. My mother, who is a nurse, said it was the result of the fever. However, it kept happening and still happens. I'm 29 now. Mine feel like I am shrinking, I have a loud buzzing in my ears, my limbs feel foreign, my eyesight gets a little blurry and I see bright lights. I notice they happen when I get migraines. I am a chronic migraine sufferer, so mine happen about once every two weeks. I did some research and the best answer I could come up with was Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (AIWS), or Temporal Lobe Seizures. Research both people, then go talk to your doctor about medication, there is help out there for us all!
I'm 15 and i get these every day. I always thought I had anxiety and even my doctor said it was panic attacks, but i knew it wasn't because I always seemed OK, it was just a moving fast feeling. I put it down to stress, but I don't know if everyone's symptoms are because of stress, or if it's just mine. I try to calm myself down but my hands shake and i feel like I've drank about 20 energy drinks. My parents told me it was nothing to worry about, and my brother laughed and said I was crazy. It ***** that i had to come onto here to find some answers, in stead of relying on the people i thought i trusted the most. I asked my mum a simple question yesterday, and i was completely unstressed, and it happened then. I don't know if anyone can relate to this or not though.
I haven't had this in a while but I was remembering having it as a child and a few times later on, so I decided to look it up and here it is! It was never very bothersome to me, just kinda scary because it's so weird. I always got it when I was in bed about to go to sleep. I remember one of the last times I got it around 23 I was kinda able to make it go away or come back at will for a few minutes. Just mentioning that in case someone is researching this in the future.
Joe,
I understand that your comment was from years ago. however i just happened upon it and i had to respond. the way you describe this is PERFECT-- how you feel the need to look in the mirror at yourself to make sure you're okay, but then you do and even you still feel a bit off.
i always get the loud screaming thoughts too. i always think that if i scream in my head as loud as possible, then the sense of panic will go away and i won't feel like I'm moving in slow motion anymore (it never works).
and i always feel like i lose my sense of touch and that i have to slam it back into my hands by hitting my hands on something like a table or cracking every single knuckle possible in my hands and feet, which sounds crazy, i know. but if you people are talking about the same kinds of episodes i am, you understand that during the episodes, all you want is for them to end. so you do anything you can to try to get them to stop.
I've had these episodes since I've been in 1st grade (i am now a senior in high school) and its nice to actually be able to put into words what I've been experiencing my whole life, and it makes me feel a whole lot better that I'm not the only person that that gets these little "panic attacks"
This happens to me too! I don't think it's stress, but it very well could be. I'm 13 and I've been feeling this time acceleration thing ever since I was around 8 (and at random times too).
Sometimes its just annoying. However other times its almost mentally painful, whereas my mind feels panicked and scared. I really wish there was some type of diagnosis.. but some of these posts almost exactly describe the Alice in Wonderland disorder (I think that's what its called).I first realized I wasn't alone on this when I found this one forum (http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=169812), and now I'm really curious as to what doctors think of this.
I am 20 years old, and I live in Canada. I've been experiencing this same phenomenon on rare occasion for as long as I can remember, It just happened for the first time in ~9-12 months, hence how I ended up here. It makes me anxious, but is kind of exciting.
If I'm typing it feels like my fingers are moving a million miles a second. Every sound I hear just sounds different then normal. The experiences make me squirm, but also feel like I should just stay still.
This has only ever happened to me when I'm sitting still and thinking, either laying down on a bed or sitting down in a chair.
Amazing to know that it happens to other people too!
I remember doing this at a young age and a lot. I'm 25 now and I did this "fast motion" yesterday . I've tried so hard to explain it to my family, but I don't think the understand. When I first started doing it, I never knew what was causing it. I felt like I was moving very fast and my thoughts were somewhat loud. I would get somewhat scared and kinda just shake my head to make it stop. As I got older I would try to stay in this "motion" to understand I realized when I would do something, like clean, read or think and it was quite, is when it would start. I feel like I'm going really fast but I know I'm not , I'm just going my normal speed. Any sounds I made with paper or just anything , sounded normal , but not.. also another feeling I try to describe that it feels like is, for example with sound it sounds or my thoughts they sound far away but close at the same time   like someone from a distance is yelling out but I can hear them as if they were just a few feet away. I always thought I was the only one that did this. Reading these comments has giving me relief. I'm still thinking about talking to my doc. Growing up I was afraid to because I thought they would think I was crazy and put me in a crazy home lol! The reason I'm deciding to do so and finally Googled this,  is because I haven't felt this way in years and just now started back up, also with a grunting noise I use to make all the time too. I'm. Wondering if both are maybe caused by stress or anxiety? I'm not sure..
I have been having this rushing feeling for 25 yrs.
I am epileptic and it's called an aura/simple partial seizure.
I didn't know what they were for a long time and didn't tell anyone.
I started having them everyday and that lead to 3 massive seizures.
I'm not saying that's what it is for everyone but if you are concerned go see your doctor.
Guys guys guys! You all have periods where you see things in fast motion, it's the OPPOSITE for me...sometimes i look at my arms and move them and they are moving in slow motion..it scared the **** out of me first time (i was 17. now 21) and i still get kinda eerie when it happens..does anyone know what it is??
This used to happen to me more when I was younger than I does now. It seem to mosrly go away in my early 20's, but man is it relieving to know I'm not the inly one.

For me, I can feel it coming on and then it feels like all sensory input is on fast forward, and my thoughts are on fast-forward, but my physical movements, (typing, looking around, whatever) are very slow compared to everything else.

Usually i could only make it go away by being very still, closing my eyes and listening to music with a consistent beat to help me find real time.
WOW! it's all I can say...since I was a little girl I remember thinking that I was going crazy, I was never able to explain what I was feeling. the slow motion thoughts came with sort of an image of a desert and the fast thoughts will be the same image but as if the sand was falling through holes, almost as if the desert/sand was melting. It sounds so weird as I type it but I cannot explain it any other way. I would have the raising voices, my own thoughts but as if they were not mine. Today, after many years I felt it again, only the slow motion thoughts, that's how I ended up in this blog.
thanks everyone for sharing, it is nice to know I am not alone. After 30 something years I finally find someone that understands.
I have that too! It happens at might! I feel like i move too fast and it scares me a lot! Have you found any remadies? Please share! I've been having this a lot lately at night.
I've had this since about the age of 13. I didn't know what it was and when it first happened it hit me so hard I had to sit down. For almost a decade it went away and recently it started happening again and to see that there are others going through it... I just wish there was a name for it. I know it's not anxiety or panic attacks because I don't feel upset or scared or even stressed. Like many have said, it just hits me when things are calm and quiet or when I'm not doing much. I've always been a rather calm person.
Finally a community of people experiencing the same symptoms as me! Here I just thought I was one crazy mother f*****. I've had this fast paced feeling since I was 13, but never told anyone about it. I didn't know how to describe it or mention it. I also suffer from anxiety disorder, and chronic migraines, so when these fast motions kick in when I'm getting ready or jamming out to my jams of the day, I go into a complete spiral. I just experienced one this morning that sent me to a loop because it came out of no where. I hope to find a way to calm it down with some of the methods some of you have suggested. Happy calming everyone.
So glad I'm not alone in this! Such a strange feeling and very difficult to describe. I've never told anyone because I thought it would make me sound crazy. I hate when it happens. I read a comment further up that said their tongue feels like it doesn't fit in their mouth. Does that happen to anyone else? That happens to me every time along with the fast moving feelings and loud noises. I can feel it coming on and I want to stop it but I never can. It usually only lasts about 5-15 minutes. Most of the time when I'm showering. I feel rushed and panicked and its nearly impossible to slow down, although my breathing is fine and my heartbeat is normal. I actually was experiencing it just now so I googled it and came upon this. As I was reading this the reading seemed to make it stop so maybe I'll try that if it happens again.
I was getting chills as I read these. I've experienced the very same thing for years and was unable to describe it. It's almost like having an out of body experience for me and I'm observing what I am doing from within myself. Sounds crazy but that's the best way I can explain it. Sounds seem amplified and movements seem overly detailed and exaggerated. It usually only last for a few minutes and if I can related it to anything it would be stress but can't say that definitively. It's never caused me an issue and is usually gone in 5 - 30 minutes. Nice to see I'm not alone.
Steve
This was happening to me where it seemed the tv was going to fast. I was really freaked out and looked it up online and found out it actually might just be our tv. It is something called interpolation. I can't explain it because I'm not technical but basically it's them adding more frames to the show to supposedly make the show look more real but it just makes it look like it's moving in fast motion and makes the people look cartoon-like which can really trip up our brains. I would suggest researching interpolation and you might be pleasantly surprised. It was a huge relief for me to realize it was my tv!
It's the same for me guys. Has anyone found out what it is?
So glad to hear of others that experience the same feeling of the World speeding up. I have had this condition for years....It does not happen that often, but when it does, it is so hard to stop....Has anybody experienced this on a train.......It was so much worse than ever before...only when the train stopped at a station could I stop the fast movements !!
I had to go to the toilet to shut out the speeding sensation......
It drives me crazy
im 14 years old and i also have these times where everything is going vey fast. why is this?HELP!!
I have these feelings where everything is rushing around my head and it feels like everything is going at a million miles an hour. I do only get it at night when I bed very frustrating. I found that if I stop trying to sleep and do something else like watch TV or read it carms me down. This is why i wrote this I felt like that 5 minutes ago and now I'm ready to go back to sleep. Its to do with sleep deprivation so try and get more sleep.
I'm 14, no related conditions, and I've had this, most commonly when I wake up in the morning, usually for about five minutes, a couple of days a week, for the past half a year. I've got used to waiting for it to pass, but it's still an unpleasant experience, so if anyone has any useful advice on how to stop it that would be really appreciated. In my case symptoms of whatever it is are hearing sounds distorted, almost shouted by voices from inside my head, and motion and sound feeling rushed and out of proportion. Almost always when I'm lying still after waking up.
Guys I don't believe it !

My name is Georgia. I am 26 and I have the same problem since I was a kid. Couldn't explain it to others too! I was trying years to find something on google, but nothing. I just had the idea to search with english words and not Greek! I am sooooo glad I found that i am not the only one. It happens unexpectedly to me, the voices the movements, even my thoughts  in my head, are in fast forward!! I understand that my hand doesn't go faster when I move it, but in my head the move feels incredibly fast!! it lasts for a few seconds or minutes and then everything comes back to normal. It is scary, or it was, since I found you!
I am a 14 year old boy and I remember having this when I was little like 4 and I had voices in my head that would repeatedly keep saying things and it would scare me. And everything would speed up and I felt awkward walking and talking around other people because I felt like I was walking or talking way faster than normal but no one has ever said anything. I havnt had one in maybe a year or so till now, so I decided to search it up and reading this time got rid of it lol there is a lot of people posting on this page. Glad I'm not the only one with these symptoms. STAY STRONG
So happy to find this page.  I'm 25.

This only happens sometimes, and only very briefly... basically when it happens I feel like my hands are the consistency of bean-bags in mushiness, and I can feel my mind rushing through every thought.

My movement feels surreal in that I know I'm not moving fast, but it doesn't feel that way. It feels as though I'm actually walking very fast when it appears to others i'm walking at a normal pace.

I usually liken this to an adrenaline rush, but when I use the oximeter my pulse is in the normal range.  Going to test my blood pressure the next time this happens just to see if it is lower than usual.

Most of the time this occurs randomly, and usually when i'm not doing anything at all. I could just be sitting in my chair reading Reddit and "Bam!" just like that I get one of those rushes.

They never last more than several minutes.

Any help identifying this?  Psychological?  Psychiatric?  Epilepsy?  Physiological, etc...  I feel fear when it starts because I don't like the feeling and I wish it would stop happening.
Glad to hear that I was not alone. It happened when I was a child, around 7 until 14. But somehow it stopped as I grow up, and I forgot how was that feeling. This speedy-moving thing was also happen to my little brother and it has stopped as he grows old.
My question, is this kind of feeling a disease? Or a symptom? And what is its name?
The closest I can relate it to is Alice in Wonderland syndrome. Although, I do not think that is it. Everything speeds up, but I move slower, sometimes it's hard to place things down and get to where I need to go. Sometimes my thoughts are sort of screaming at me, and I can't stop repeating one thought. It depends on how long it lasts. Sometimes it's triggered by music. Lying down always helps. I'm 27 and this has happened to me since I was a small child.
Finally!  I've been looking for this for a long time.  What is it?  The first time it happened I was in the shower and all my senses seemed "heightened".. the noises were loud, movements were "exaggerated", I felt like everything was in fast forward motion..and my head was hurting.  I thought maybe it was all in my head.  I called my sister and she said, "are you ok?"  I asked, "why?"  She said I was speaking very slowly..  I felt I was speaking fast.. I couldn't slow down.  This was 4 years ago. Now I'm 36.  These episodes stopped for 3 years, since then I've had 3-4 in the past 2 mos.  My migraines have increased and I feel "nerves" also raised on the sides of my head.  When possible I look at myself in the mirror to focus to try to "slow things down"... it helps sometimes.  recently lights have begun to bother has well.  Just as fast as it starts, it ends.  I will be seeing my physician soon.  Has anyone seeing a physician?
Hi, I have been feeling that same rushed feeling. It started when I was in high school and used to drink tons of coffee. Sadly, it still happens to me, matter of fact its happening to me right now, although I don't have coffee anymore. I don't have voices in my head or hearing my heartbeat. I don't know about you but with me it usually happens in the morning when I wake up and don't jump start my day. Have you found any way of stopping it. I've tried putting music and jumping up and down and trying to get my body at the same past as everything else. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I also have tried eating something, but it doesn't help and I just wait for it to stop. Please reply to me ASAP because I've had enough of this! Thanks so much.
I have the same thang i get to where i am moving fast like rightnow but im not i thank cause i feel like im super fast and every one is slow but fast and i can say antrhing super fast and im 15 its kinda scary but i feel like im a super hero lol idk but someone please tell me how to stop it or com it down idk just please help me out
My 12 year old son is going through the same thing. It started a year ago when he was sick and had a fever, scarred the crap out of me so I googled it and found that a lot of other people have had the same experience. I nor my husband have experienced this ourselves so I don't know if its hereditary or not. It only happens when he sick and has a fever like last night. Its awful because he gets so scarred. It did help him a bit to know that he's not the only one that is experiencing this. I could see the relief on his face when I told him. So maybe try telling your child that they are not the only one that's going through this, it may help them a bit to know that and not think that they are going crazy. I've been telling my little guy this morning to try deep breathing and to remember that this has happened before and it will go away again, so try not to be afraid and just practice the deep slow breathing as its happening. Hope this comforts you bit to know that your child is not the only one going through this scary time.
I have this same issue, but now it is getting out of hand. I cannot concentrate in class, because of this. I cannot sleep at night, I cannot go anywhere without this happening.
Hey Everyone,
I have been having these "attacks" since i was a young boy, 3-5 years old and i am now 32.  I have noticed that they happen more often when I'm tired.  They have also increased in intensity and duration over the past 8-10 years.  The one I'm currently having has lasted almost 45 min,  I find it very biizzar and have never been given a diagnosis about what it is or what it could be.  I recently found out that my dad used to get them when he was a younger man.  If anyone has any information reguarding whatever this is I would really apppreciate it.
I get this exact feeling! I've had it ever since I was young and it can happen at any time I think, I'm not sure. Everything goes really fast for me and I feel like I'm stuck, I can hear very loud noises in my head and it's beginning to scare me I feel like I'm psychotic or something :(
I have an 8 year old daughter who has done this exact same thing 4 times now and it has her scared and in tears so naturally I am very concerned have you found anything out as to what this is?
I have an 8 year old daughter who has done this exact same thing 4 times now and it has her scared and in tears so naturally I am very concerned have you found anything out as to what this is? and has happened every time when she first lays down to go to sleep as well and has ask me if she is sick. Has anyones doctor told them what this is if it is a condition , and should I be worried?
These post made me cry. Finally, after all these years, I no longer think I'm the only one who experiences this...I don't feel so alone anymore. I'm 49 and have been doing this my whole life. I can remember as young as 3 having these episodes. They're hard to explain and I've tried to tell people but they don't understand. It's like everything is speeded up but I'm going slow except if I talk it seems like I'm talking way too fast. Music seems to be going too fast, other peoples speech, movements, animals... everything! Like things aren't proportioned in time right...like Alice in Wonderland. It's really hard to explain. I can usually tell immediately before it comes on - there's a song, a pattern of music that always is associated with it and I can't think of the pattern when I'm not in it but if I do recollect the pattern it'll put me back into it. I know that doesn't make much sense but I don't know how else to describe it. Does anyone else experience that? The only thing that's worked for me to come out of it is listening to a song with a good beat that I know well so I can get my timing back down to where it should be. The episodes used to be super scary. They're still really freaky and it makes life challenging at times because I never know when this will happen until about 5 seconds prior. Does anyone know what this is? I don't believe is a panic attack add I've witnessed those and it is not the same nor am I necessarily anxious when they occur. Thanks. Xoxo
Hello. My name is Kevin. I am 17 years old. I've been experiencing waking up and everything around me just seems to be happening in "Slow-Motion" I guess. Then my heart rate accelerates when I try to calm down, I just don't know how to stop it. It was a big worry when I was 7, but it stopped I'd have to say around the age of 10, didn't stop entirely. Just didn't happen as much. Recently (about a year ago), it started happening more and more. I just want it to stop. It scares me when I wake up like that. I just feel like it shouldn't be happening. I'll admit I have make some mistakes with drugs, and alcohol (I'm not sure if these could cause such a thing, I was never hardcore into them, just on ocassion). Besides that point though, I would love if someone could tell me if this is a disease, illness, or something that can be treated by a medical professional. Or maybe there is a name for this condition. Thank you, for whoever takes the time to read this.
I pray to Jesus and it goes away  - the lord loves you and he is the one who can sort it out  , ive had this since i child  -pray ! -he will answer you .

Lord ,  i pray now in the name of Jesus Christ  , help these people as you have helped me against this thing  , lord Jesus  , if they call out to you Lord , help them , because you made them also  , like you made me  , in jesus name i pray this now as you have commanded us to pray Amen !!!

Thank you lord that you love us all.
mine is slow motion too! it feels like my brain is processing everything very slowly and almost slurred. it makes me anxious. have you found an answer?
i have this as well. i get this less and less frequently however i just had it. lasted about 5 mins and then went away. everything seems to be going super fast and i get dizzy and hear things much louder than normal
i am 19 years old , and feel sick of this moment. i just can't.  i feel like everything is in fast motion.
Im 15 years old ive been having these episodes of the fast motion ive had them when i was younger and they stopped they came back when i was around 9 and they went away now they came back again, i cant get ahold of what it might be or if theres a treatment i used to thnk i was going crazy. It actually happened today morning before i left to school. I ended crying because it's frustrating knowing i fight it to try and stop it even if i lay down and close my eyes it still wont go away, i recently told my mom she looked at me like if im crazy. Im glad im not the only one with these fast motion episodes.
I have these things too. Had the feeling in my dreams often when I was like 10 years old, just wondered if any body have/had them too?
It's a relief to see that other people experience these 'seizures'.  They are really horrible.

There doesn't seem to be any answers in here unfortunately, but there's a general trend in the comments that suggests they are stress or sugar related.

Could potentially be spiritual but unsure.

Glad there are others out there.  I thought my brain was having a meltdown.
I am a healthy 36 yr old Mom of 2 and remember having this as a child. Grades 2 and 3. I remember telling my teacher about it at school because I was afraid and embarrassed about it. The sensation was so strange... As if everything around me was fast yet slow. My thoughts were in fast forward yet I felt like I could only move slowly like I was stuck in jello. I would get a ringing in my ears and everything that I could hear sounded muffled. The sensation would last maybe 5 minutes and usually when I was alone, although it did happen that one time in school. Really hard to describe and I'll always remember it. I've never heard of any one else experiencing this. As a child, it would have been reassuring to know its something that can just happen when your body is growing and will probably stop happening at some point. Let your child know you believe them and encourage them to tell you about it but not to focus on it either.
Wow I really can't believe there are others out there with this. I'm a 25 year old male and i had them a lot as a teenager, almost on a daily basis. As I have gotten older they have diminished to the point that it only happens once or twice a year but I had one last night that lasted about 15 minutes. This post is the first time I have been able to find out any information or even confirmation that there is other people out there with the same problem. Still have no idea what causes them or what they are but they suck. Same as everybody else, feels like i'm moving in slow motion and everything around me is going a million miles an hour. I hope one day somebody will be able to figure this out and give some kind of information on what is causing it. Good luck everybody!
Ive had this too and im only like 12 but when i had this happen i woke up it was creepy. I went to see who was home because my mom works late at night and so I walked downstairs to see. My feet seemed as if they were running from somthing my body couldnt think! Ive had it happen before but this was more mysterious than all the other times. Then i sat down for a second or two and stood up and tried to walk as slow as possible up the stairs and back to bed. When i sat in bed i tried to remember exactly what I did when I did that i felt more relaxed and fell asleap! So what im saying is maybe if you walk around a bit you will be fine i do it all the time.
I know exactly how you feel, it's almost as if your not you when you look in the mirror. It may be linked to Alice in wonderland syndrome. If you ever feel like things get to thick and sorta fatter it's hard to describe like if you touched your left thumb with your left index finger it would feel to big...
Hi, yours is the only response that is similar to mine. I am now 42 and this is what happens to me too. I wake up, I think something wakes me up because I feel that I am coming out of REM. I lay there in bed, aware I am awake, then feeling that I want to fall back asleep and when I close my eyes I am seeing a fast-motion movie -- as if I am watching a silent movie on my eyelids. I open my eyes and it's "normal" in my room, then close my eyes and I am back in this fast-motion movie. This is recent. I don't remember this ever happening to my. I also have lucid dreams, that's when I am dreaming and aware that I am in a dream, but also aware that I will wake up I will be in my bed away from wherever I am in the dream -- being totally aware of it. I don't know if it is related to this new phenomena, but I also see that I am not alone. I Googled this for the first time. What a riot huh? I "Googled" and found out that this exists and happening to other people. What a time! We can share and investigate in real time.
That happens to me too . i was surprised to know that I'm not the only one i sometimes feel like I'm going crazy
yes i did have a dream that i couldn't even understand or explain its weird , i had it 3 times the exact same one .. and after i had that dream i started to have the brain racing thing

Magnesium, zink and calsium. These minerals calms your head. Exept from calsium its hard to get enough from food alone.
Read bbc the man who saw time stand still. It might give a clue. He had an aneurism in the time perception in his brain. Maybe other factors can affect it.
I remember the voices too when I was about to fall asleep when I was young. Sometimes there would be a louder voice on top of the others that suddenly woke me up. A couple of times calling my name. Annoying. Had sleep apne once too. Feels like you are capured in your own body, like somebody is holding you under water and you struggle to get free, your brain is awake but disconnected to your body and then when you finally wake up youre afraid to go back to sleep.
Could be an aneurism. Read the man who saw time stand still.
OMG Thank goodness I'm not the only one, definitely thought I was crazy when I was younger.
For me as far back as I could remember they started in 5th grade, 24 years old now and I haven't had them in quite a while. I never drank caffeine as a kid, extremely into sports (pretty fit as far as pre-teens go) and I would get them all the time. I'd feel like everything, including me sped up, like I would sit back and watch the world and my own movements go at a ridiculous speed.
I wonder though if it is hereditary, I never brought it up to my parents.
Sidebar, for everyone here

Did you guys also experience Deja Vu, not at the same time but in addition to these attacks?  i know from family history that Deja Vu runs in my family. just wondering if it is somehow related.
This is crazy I used to have these symptoms as well not anymore just when I was younger 8-10 even went to the hospital had several tests done but doctors had no idea what was wrong I was perfectly fine, all of a sudden it did stop and only happend about 4 or 5 times within a year. I'm 22 now and I'm just on here cause I remembered feeling like this and was wondering why I felt like that it's an indescribable feeling sometimes except that you feel like everything is in fast forward like on tv only last about ten min but it's scary. Why does this happen?
Hoping someone sees this. How did your docs diagnose this as a seizure.  Our daughter has epilepsy - her seizures have all been simple partials and she now has had 20 of these episodes since the start of the summer - I have gone over this with two neurologists and they are not convinced that these are seizures. We have done an ambulatory EEG, of course no episode, I have taped it and showed it to the docs - they can't call it a seizure based on the video.  Now petrified. What did your doc do to stop them?
Thank you so much. I am twelve and this keeps happening to me to. Thank you to the 14 year old because now i know im not alone. its also been getting more and more intense over the past year. and i also hear ring ing noises in my head while im lying down in bed and i feel like the world is shaking when i am lying down and i can kinda see it too if i consentrate.
Wow! There's a lot of us having this experience. Mine started when i was sleeping when i was about 5 or 6. It was in a form of a dream. I feel like everything is rushed and ive got a feeling of being afraid. I would later have the same exact dream and feel the same thing growing up. I would never be able to explain the dream though but i know that its the same exact dream. When i became an adult i would experience having that feeling even if im awake. It has been creeping me out.

I dont think that it is anxiety attack. Im 28 now.
I see you posted this back in 2012. My 8 yr old daughter is having these same exact episodes. They started 6 months ago & had them quite often for about 3 months. Took her to the Dr & they had no idea what it is. They seemed to stop for a while but are back now. They scare her to death & me as well since I feel like I can't help her when it's happening. She says everything is moving super fast & she hears a loud sound in her head & tells me to quit talking to her because I sound weird. She won't let me touch her either & says that feels weird too. She cries & covers her ears with her hands & begs me to make it stop. I feel so sad & helpless when she has an episode. I have taken her to Dr. A few times but she says it's very hard to explain & she's not sure what makes them happen. They seem to come out of no where but right before it happens I can see a change in her eyes like a blank Ness & fear.  She then starts to cry & says mommy it's happening again. Do you have any suggestions for me to help her through these epidodes? They want me to take her to a psychiatrist but after finding this sight it seems there is no cure or even a name for these feelings that are happening to her. I wish someone knew exactly what it was so I could help her & put her mind at ease. She is scared to death of the feeling it gives her. Any advice you have would greatly help. I know she isn't just making this up because I can see it in her eyes & I can see just how frightened she is when the sensation comes over her. It is out of no where too. We can be driving in the car or playing outside or anywhere & they come on all of a sudden. What a horrible thing to have to live with especially as a child. I feel terrible for her as well as the rest of you all with the same stories on here. I'm so glad I found this site.

I used to get this all time when I was a kid. I'm 20 now and have only had it happen to me once this year. I noticed that it would happen if I was concentrating really hard. I would get it during math tests and the most recent one i got it while reading an interesting article. When I was younger I could feel it coming and try to shake it off. I know it is far fetched but my mom has a friend who is psychic and she said it's a sign that you may be capable of being psychic if you choose to train your mind. I somewhat believe it as when I was a kid I had imaginary friends that we're "murdered" and sometimes saw people who weren't there, at my friend's houses. But there is no way I'm gunna choose to see ghosts!
Wow. I used to get this when I was young, about 5-8 I think. I think my sister did too. My Dad definitely did.  My Mum didn't know what we were talking about!
Luckily my Dad did so I thought of it as just an annoying thing that happened like growing pains.
It only happened  when I was about to fall asleep.
The only way to get rid of it was to walk really fast or run down the hallway. Ie. Not be sleepy. Then I would snap out of it.
I remember the loud noise thing but more so,  the weird sensation that rough was smooth and smooth was rough.  This came first.
I grew out of it.
I don't remember it being linked to stress at all, just growing -  like growing pains you get in your legs as a kid.
I have had anxiety / depression issues in my adult years  but I think a lot of people do. Don't think it's related

Bizarre that there is no name for it as it's a very  freaky sensation . I told a few doctors- they checked my heart beat then said they didn't know...
Luckily my Dad understood so I just waited for it to pass. He didn't make a fuss, no biggie,  so I didn't worry about it ( it was just annoying). His laid back attitude helped , in hindsight.
Your not crazy people.

I grew out of it.

Your not crazy people.

It's so weird sitting here reading all of these comments, most of which explain exactly the feelings I get. I think I've tried Googling it a while back but couldn't find anything, or maybe I didn't know what to type.
It's like everything is going fast but slow, and it doesn't last long for me but the only thing I can do to feel any better is lay down and close my eyes (sometimes block my ears) until it goes away. I also hear the loud noises like some people, I could never figure out what it was, sometimes I thought it was talking but going so fast I couldn't understand, but it was weird. Even when it was quiet, it was loud.
The first time I can remember getting it was when I was about 6 or 7, it was late at night and I was in the car with my mum. I had no idea, still don't know, what it is. Maybe brought on by tiredness? I used to get them now and then, then more frequently over time and especially last year, but they've settled recently, come to think of it I haven't felt it in a little while.
Reading the comments, I'm really interested to ask if my parents ever felt it! I think I've tried to (really poorly) explain to my mum and ask if she knows what I'm talking about, but I don't think I've ever asked my dad.
Anyways, yeah I never knew if it was tiredness, anxiety, but it's interesting and nice (not nice but, you know) that someone else feels how I'm feeling because I've never come across it before.
Hi! Thank you so much for posting your comment. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's distress over what she's going through.
I've finally "googled" this topic and am so relieved to hear about others' experiences as my 11 year old son has just had another episode of this tonight. He gets extremely scared and freaked out by these "fast feelings", where objects also rush right up to his face or seem really far away. Unfortunately this forum hasn't come up with too many explanations or "cures" for this, but it really helps to know that this condition can decrease in later life.
When I found this forum, I was able to tell my son that others have the same feelings, that he's not going crazy and that lots of people know what he's going through. He seemed relieved too.
I hope you and your daughter find a way to work through all of this, and that she is confident in herself that there's nothing wrong with her.
As a Mum, it's so hard to see your child suffer, when there's not much you can do at the time, but I pray that you will both find the resources to cope, or basically that it doesn't ever happen again!
All the best.xxx
That is exactly what happens to me. I'm 13 yrs old. It has been happening since I was like 6, and I thought I was the only one. It always feels like everything is going in fast motion, sounds are louder, and even my thoughts are racing. I feel as if I'm going really fast, but at the same time I don't. The time they last is different every time; I've had them only last for a couple minutes and the longest is 20 minutes. I don't really mind them that much, but they can be distracting and I can't really focus and it messes me up when I'm doing school work.
I do have major anxiety, but they only happen when I'm calm and relaxed or doing work.
Whenever I try to explain it to somebody they always laugh at me, even my mom.
I really hate coffee, and the only caffeinated drinks that I have are chai tea and tea's that have caffeine, and I don't really drink those that often. So, I don't think that's the reason why I have them.
Thank you for your time.
Hi Sadie, my guess is you're a brilliant girl with a vivid imagination and boundless creativity and have a very broad spectrum of emotion (which can be a curse and a blessing) you're also entering a very hormonal stage in your life and this can contribute to chemical changes in the body leaving you feeling like you don't know who you'll be from one moment to the next. Keep an eye out for potential hypomanic symptoms and rapid cycling of emotions...do a little research online about these symptoms to see if you identify with any of them. Racing thought and pressured speach can indicate some degree of hypomania. I know what this is like and I remember in my teens feeling this way...I was also very obsessed with whatever took my fancy and would get fixated on things sometimes for long periods. Soooo glad you are putting yourself out there and asking questions. I was clueless back then and so was my family and i suffered, school suffered, relationships suffered as a result. Journal and keep a log of your moods and symptoms and take special care to pay attention to how you are feeling around your period. Hope this helps :)
Hi girl, I'm Dave.
This thing happening to me since I was small. And it has disappeared for sometime, and it came back now. Now means not now but some time a ago. And I'm 23 now. I had all the feelings you had before. It's creepy but don't get nervous. You no what it's all about your mind, when it's happening you have to stay calm, breath well and stay focused, best way is just close your eyes and stay calm.

But I think you are someone lucky, u no what I usually got this thing when I'm riding bike. Just imagine how I would feel. It happens when I'm riding.  But I just keep calm and try to overcome by myself. I keep calm and silent even close my eyes for those things to go off..  If you keep calm it won't remain so long  most probably it will last long some minutes only.

Meditation is the best way to cure this motion. And let me tell you something this speed or fast or anything can't be totally stopped but can control by yourself.

Hell yeah, remember this girl.  We are someone special then anyone. So chill and enjoy.
Don't forget to be calm and fight with it.

Hope this post will help you.
*with my own experience

May God bless you
Hello, I´m 25 and have been experiencing this since i was a child aswell. I have found that a certain "mood" triggers it. In most cases it has started when I have been studying,which i came to learn is actually due to me reading while thinking actively. Being hungry,in other words, not having eaten a lot also seems to be a factor. I rarely experience this anymore and I´ve come to miss this feeling. Don´t be afraid of it,it´s quite fascinating really,enjoy it! However,when surronded by other people it can be inconvenient so i found a solution to gradually make it stop. Chewing works for me,whether i have something in my mouth or not, so if anyone of you feel a need to have a way to stop it,carry gum with ya!

-Finnish Dude
I'm 21 and this stuff still happens to me at time and i hate it. My mom told me when i was little i would get night terrors but I remember one night terror and it felt like everything was going fast for me and now that i think about i think all my night terrors were like this. I now realize for me to get rid of it, I have to be in the presence of someone and it will eventually stop. Because thats how my dad stopped the one that i remember till this day.
I've had this dream one time while I was really sick about the age Aims is, i'm sixteen now and haven't had it since. Although, I know someone who has a reoccurring dream like that. It scares them and they promised to tell me when it happened again. So far its been about 5 months.  
My son is 9, and has been experiencing these same sensations of "moving fast." He says that he feels like he is talking fast, even though his words come out in slow motion. He says he feels like he is running, even though he is sitting. It is usually after he is woken up or during a headache. I think that he is not fully awake, even though his eyes are open. Quite scary, actually. He doesn't remember some things he does or says afterward. He has night terrors too, and I am thinking that maybe it is something to do with that? Maybe his body and brain aren't waking up at the same time? The last episode happened last night and I am taking him to the Dr today. Hoping to get some answers. It is the headaches that occur with the episodes of moving fast that is really worrying me.
So weird and kinda cool that there are other people out there who also experience/experienced this. I did a lot when I was younger, about the age of 10-14. I'm 23 now and it's been probably 10 years since these episodes, but I remember them very well. Remember when I was sitting by the kitchen table and my mom was talking to me, and she was talking so fast, moving so fast. Very weird. I also remember it was like she was further away as well than she really was. I still feel like it happens sometimes, especially when I'm typing on my laptop late at night and I'm really tired. Might just be in my head though, I don't have any crazy experiences like the ones I had when I was younger anymore. But I too remember that I tried to explain it to my mom, she probably thought I was nuts... Moral of the story: listen to your kids!
I am 32 now i used to get this when i was younger i never shared it with anyone i taught i grew out of it yestarday myself and my huband were driving down the road and it happened to me it was like what i was seeing i seen what was going on before like i had dreamed it.it was all going really fast i felt like i couldnt breath it nevered happened as extreme as this before i am so glad i wasnt driving i think theres something more to this i am a true believer in the spiritual world i have seen things in the past but nothing else has come of it till this happened now i am frightened of it too would anyone feel the same as i do about this thank
Ive dealt with this my whole life and I am 21 now and still it happens to me. It is terrifying. I went to the doctor and they tried to tell me it was an anxiety or panic attack and it doesnt feel like that to me. My best advice to help ease your mind when this happens is take a deep breath and slowly count backwards from ten a few times and try to sit down while doing this an clear your mind. I hope things get better for you! The key is to reconnect and slow your brain energy down to get the fast paced craze to go away. It is hard for anyone who doesnt understand what youre going through to understand what you are talking about and what you are going through.
I'm 28 and just had my first episode of this sensation in over a decade.  I used to get it frequently when I was a kid.  

No anxiety or panic, just that strange sensation that I'm moving much faster than I am.  I always just attributed it to my ADD/ADHD (diagnosed age 9) but I haven't been symptomatic in many years.  I did have 2 cups of strong coffee this morning but that is not a-typical for me.

It was fleeting, only lasting a few minutes and I tried to hang onto it as long as I could.  Has anyone gotten a definitive diagnosis on this?  I'm not concerned or alarmed, just interested.

I suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and I don't think anyone has died from it. So that's a positive. as for dealing with it, I think the best thing to do is stay still and quite and try to take deep breaths. i hope it works out.
I Suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and first had it when I was quite young. Today I went for a run this morning and pushed myself a bit harder than usual. Just before i got back home I got this sensation and I hadn't had it for a year or so. I knew what it was as soon as it came. i felt like i was running in super speed but i was only jogging. my breathing sounded fast and there was a rhythm to it. When i was walking down the driveway I was speed walking. I got home and sat on the couch with the TV on and it felt like the people were talking really quickly. it went away after 5 minutes or so. I just focused on my breathing and that seemed to work.  
I'm so glad I found this thread. I used to have these episodes when I was a kid, and today, moments ago (age 22), I had it again.

- "everything gets loud," is how I used to describe it as a kid, but "everything becomes fast" is a good way to describe it now that I had it again.
- extremely heightened sensations (sound, touch, sight)
- my hands or fingers feel considerably enlarged, and I have a really bold image of it in my head when I notice that they feel large.

I thought I was having a panic attack, but the symptoms just don't quite fit. my pulse is normal, I do kind of feel that I have shortness of breath.
Wow I've just had one of these . I used to get them all the time at the age of around 10 , I'm now 40 . Everything seems to be going at a hundred miles an hour and your brain is processing so many different things it thinking nothing and feels like it's going to explode . I tried to explain to my mum when I was young but found it hard and embarrassing , it puts me at easy to know I'm not the only one going through this horrendous thing . And not going insane mine only lasted about ten minutes but felt a lot longer .
Does any one know what this is, our what the reverse of it is? I get the reverse.
Im so glad i'm not the only one!I get times when I am trying to concentrate and all of a sudden its like my brain starts to yell at me really quickly and i've lost control of it for a little while. I don't know how long it's been happening but it throws me off every time because I never feel it coming! I used to be able to make it happen when I was around 14 (21 now) so I could set it off so to speak but now its got a mind of its own! I also get times when i'm just about to fall asleep and my fingers and toes feel HUGE like they have swollen up and are difficult to move. So interesting reading all your stories and i'm so glad i'm not going crazy like my friends think.
So, DartJon, is it that your mind races and it's screaming at you, and it's going so fast that everything else seems slow motion until, it all subsides as quick as it came on?
Hey I'm 13 I haven't put much thought into this when it happened to me all the time since I could remember the past two years it hadn't happened much but when it does I can hear everything going on and can think but every things fast and I have this weird wave of adrenaline and I got scared cuz it happened a few times in school and I don't know if I act any different when it happened it doesn't even last that long contact me on facebook if u need to my names Paige Heiser interested in any information
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but also once in a while I get really dizzy and like feel like I'm going to pass out it's really weird cuz I know where I am and what is happening and in just used to it I know it sounds weird but it kinda feels like I'm in another world but I dot know how to explain it
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! but when things go fast for me I hear screaming (not real, all in my head) like people are getting hurt? it's multiple people screaming and i imagine it's what hell sounds like (I know that's not nice at all but that's the only way I can describe it). i don't know if this is the same to everyone else's, as everyone has exactly the same symptoms except for me? :( I'm only 14 and this started when I was around 10 or 11. it went away for a few years but now it's back?
I have the same thing. The feeling that everything around me and everything I'm doing is in a sped up state. I first felt it with a high fever as a child too and now get them every once in a while. The fever thing at young age is a pattern on this forum. I'm 20 now. I find it hard to describe too. I've tried to describe it as if it were the feeling of tiny drips individually leaking out of a faucet at a fast speed. Only every drip hits the sink with a loud ting and you can't slow them down until the feeling finally subsides. It's nerve racking and I always have to talk myself through it in my head and wait for it to pass. It is one of the most indescribable feelings ever.
I heard the screaming people too when I had one of these episodes at a younger age. Not a pleasant sound. Whenever I get them now though, it s only the rapid movement sensation without the noise.
I'm 35 and have sensory processing disorder. I was stressed at work and 2 before I lost my job, I noticed that I had trouble seeing motion. Then 2 days after losing my job, things went downhill. For the past two weeks, everything has appeared to move in "fast-forward" or "clay animation" time. MRI was fine, eye tests were fine as well. GP, 2 neurologists, optometrist, psychosomatic psychiatrist, psychiatrist, and neuro optometrist all said they didn't understand. I think the problem is related to stress and anxiety. The first 12 days were incredibly difficult and absolutely terrifying to see. But I'm learning to live with it. I hope I recover.