My brains has these fast motion periods where everything around me is going in fast motion what is it?
I'm 14 years old and I have these periods where my brain starts to race and it feels like everything is going in fast motion. When I talk, somebody is talking, music is playing or when I walk it feels like everything is going in fast motion like everything is being extremely rushed.It happens at least once every 2 weeks but i've had it twice this week . This only happened to me about 2 times in the past year but also I get these patterns of noises in my head when I'm lying in bed and it keeps me from sleeping.I just wanted to know what it was because I honestly am scared and my mother laughs at me when i try to tell her that something is wrong and it frustrates me
Hi Sadie, my guess is you're a brilliant girl with a vivid imagination and boundless creativity and have a very broad spectrum of emotion (which can be a curse and a blessing) you're also entering a very hormonal stage in your life and this can contribute to chemical changes in the body leaving you feeling like you don't know who you'll be from one moment to the next. Keep an eye out for potential hypomanic symptoms and rapid cycling of emotions...do a little research online about these symptoms to see if you identify with any of them. Racing thought and pressured speach can indicate some degree of hypomania. I know what this is like and I remember in my teens feeling this way...I was also very obsessed with whatever took my fancy and would get fixated on things sometimes for long periods. Soooo glad you are putting yourself out there and asking questions. I was clueless back then and so was my family and i suffered, school suffered, relationships suffered as a result. Journal and keep a log of your moods and symptoms and take special care to pay attention to how you are feeling around your period. Hope this helps :)
Hi girl, I'm Dave.
This thing happening to me since I was small. And it has disappeared for sometime, and it came back now. Now means not now but some time a ago. And I'm 23 now. I had all the feelings you had before. It's creepy but don't get nervous. You no what it's all about your mind, when it's happening you have to stay calm, breath well and stay focused, best way is just close your eyes and stay calm.

But I think you are someone lucky, u no what I usually got this thing when I'm riding bike. Just imagine how I would feel. It happens when I'm riding.  But I just keep calm and try to overcome by myself. I keep calm and silent even close my eyes for those things to go off..  If you keep calm it won't remain so long  most probably it will last long some minutes only.

Meditation is the best way to cure this motion. And let me tell you something this speed or fast or anything can't be totally stopped but can control by yourself.

Hell yeah, remember this girl.  We are someone special then anyone. So chill and enjoy.
Don't forget to be calm and fight with it.

Hope this post will help you.
*with my own experience

May God bless you
Hello, I´m 25 and have been experiencing this since i was a child aswell. I have found that a certain "mood" triggers it. In most cases it has started when I have been studying,which i came to learn is actually due to me reading while thinking actively. Being hungry,in other words, not having eaten a lot also seems to be a factor. I rarely experience this anymore and I´ve come to miss this feeling. Don´t be afraid of it,it´s quite fascinating really,enjoy it! However,when surronded by other people it can be inconvenient so i found a solution to gradually make it stop. Chewing works for me,whether i have something in my mouth or not, so if anyone of you feel a need to have a way to stop it,carry gum with ya!

-Finnish Dude
Same when focusing on something ... Blinking and chewing helps it stop...
I'm 21 and this stuff still happens to me at time and i hate it. My mom told me when i was little i would get night terrors but I remember one night terror and it felt like everything was going fast for me and now that i think about i think all my night terrors were like this. I now realize for me to get rid of it, I have to be in the presence of someone and it will eventually stop. Because thats how my dad stopped the one that i remember till this day.
I've had this dream one time while I was really sick about the age Aims is, i'm sixteen now and haven't had it since. Although, I know someone who has a reoccurring dream like that. It scares them and they promised to tell me when it happened again. So far its been about 5 months.  
My son is 9, and has been experiencing these same sensations of "moving fast." He says that he feels like he is talking fast, even though his words come out in slow motion. He says he feels like he is running, even though he is sitting. It is usually after he is woken up or during a headache. I think that he is not fully awake, even though his eyes are open. Quite scary, actually. He doesn't remember some things he does or says afterward. He has night terrors too, and I am thinking that maybe it is something to do with that? Maybe his body and brain aren't waking up at the same time? The last episode happened last night and I am taking him to the Dr today. Hoping to get some answers. It is the headaches that occur with the episodes of moving fast that is really worrying me.
This is exactly what happened to my daughter (11) last night and also a few weeks ago. Would love to know what it is.
So weird and kinda cool that there are other people out there who also experience/experienced this. I did a lot when I was younger, about the age of 10-14. I'm 23 now and it's been probably 10 years since these episodes, but I remember them very well. Remember when I was sitting by the kitchen table and my mom was talking to me, and she was talking so fast, moving so fast. Very weird. I also remember it was like she was further away as well than she really was. I still feel like it happens sometimes, especially when I'm typing on my laptop late at night and I'm really tired. Might just be in my head though, I don't have any crazy experiences like the ones I had when I was younger anymore. But I too remember that I tried to explain it to my mom, she probably thought I was nuts... Moral of the story: listen to your kids!
I am 32 now i used to get this when i was younger i never shared it with anyone i taught i grew out of it yestarday myself and my huband were driving down the road and it happened to me it was like what i was seeing i seen what was going on before like i had dreamed it.it was all going really fast i felt like i couldnt breath it nevered happened as extreme as this before i am so glad i wasnt driving i think theres something more to this i am a true believer in the spiritual world i have seen things in the past but nothing else has come of it till this happened now i am frightened of it too would anyone feel the same as i do about this thank
Ive dealt with this my whole life and I am 21 now and still it happens to me. It is terrifying. I went to the doctor and they tried to tell me it was an anxiety or panic attack and it doesnt feel like that to me. My best advice to help ease your mind when this happens is take a deep breath and slowly count backwards from ten a few times and try to sit down while doing this an clear your mind. I hope things get better for you! The key is to reconnect and slow your brain energy down to get the fast paced craze to go away. It is hard for anyone who doesnt understand what youre going through to understand what you are talking about and what you are going through.
I'm 28 and just had my first episode of this sensation in over a decade.  I used to get it frequently when I was a kid.  

No anxiety or panic, just that strange sensation that I'm moving much faster than I am.  I always just attributed it to my ADD/ADHD (diagnosed age 9) but I haven't been symptomatic in many years.  I did have 2 cups of strong coffee this morning but that is not a-typical for me.

It was fleeting, only lasting a few minutes and I tried to hang onto it as long as I could.  Has anyone gotten a definitive diagnosis on this?  I'm not concerned or alarmed, just interested.

I suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and I don't think anyone has died from it. So that's a positive. as for dealing with it, I think the best thing to do is stay still and quite and try to take deep breaths. i hope it works out.
I Suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and first had it when I was quite young. Today I went for a run this morning and pushed myself a bit harder than usual. Just before i got back home I got this sensation and I hadn't had it for a year or so. I knew what it was as soon as it came. i felt like i was running in super speed but i was only jogging. my breathing sounded fast and there was a rhythm to it. When i was walking down the driveway I was speed walking. I got home and sat on the couch with the TV on and it felt like the people were talking really quickly. it went away after 5 minutes or so. I just focused on my breathing and that seemed to work.  
I'm so glad I found this thread. I used to have these episodes when I was a kid, and today, moments ago (age 22), I had it again.

- "everything gets loud," is how I used to describe it as a kid, but "everything becomes fast" is a good way to describe it now that I had it again.
- extremely heightened sensations (sound, touch, sight)
- my hands or fingers feel considerably enlarged, and I have a really bold image of it in my head when I notice that they feel large.

I thought I was having a panic attack, but the symptoms just don't quite fit. my pulse is normal, I do kind of feel that I have shortness of breath.
Wow I've just had one of these . I used to get them all the time at the age of around 10 , I'm now 40 . Everything seems to be going at a hundred miles an hour and your brain is processing so many different things it thinking nothing and feels like it's going to explode . I tried to explain to my mum when I was young but found it hard and embarrassing , it puts me at easy to know I'm not the only one going through this horrendous thing . And not going insane mine only lasted about ten minutes but felt a lot longer .
Does any one know what this is, our what the reverse of it is? I get the reverse.
Im so glad i'm not the only one!I get times when I am trying to concentrate and all of a sudden its like my brain starts to yell at me really quickly and i've lost control of it for a little while. I don't know how long it's been happening but it throws me off every time because I never feel it coming! I used to be able to make it happen when I was around 14 (21 now) so I could set it off so to speak but now its got a mind of its own! I also get times when i'm just about to fall asleep and my fingers and toes feel HUGE like they have swollen up and are difficult to move. So interesting reading all your stories and i'm so glad i'm not going crazy like my friends think.
So, DartJon, is it that your mind races and it's screaming at you, and it's going so fast that everything else seems slow motion until, it all subsides as quick as it came on?
Hey I'm 13 I haven't put much thought into this when it happened to me all the time since I could remember the past two years it hadn't happened much but when it does I can hear everything going on and can think but every things fast and I have this weird wave of adrenaline and I got scared cuz it happened a few times in school and I don't know if I act any different when it happened it doesn't even last that long contact me on facebook if u need to my names Paige Heiser interested in any information
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but also once in a while I get really dizzy and like feel like I'm going to pass out it's really weird cuz I know where I am and what is happening and in just used to it I know it sounds weird but it kinda feels like I'm in another world but I dot know how to explain it
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! but when things go fast for me I hear screaming (not real, all in my head) like people are getting hurt? it's multiple people screaming and i imagine it's what hell sounds like (I know that's not nice at all but that's the only way I can describe it). i don't know if this is the same to everyone else's, as everyone has exactly the same symptoms except for me? :( I'm only 14 and this started when I was around 10 or 11. it went away for a few years but now it's back?
My son is also going trough this he is 11 and it's happen 4 nights straight since his fever. He repeats why is everything moving fast and has like an axiety attack. Did you ever get diagnosed with anything?
I have had similar experiences, and relate them to my seizure disorder that I've had since I was 5.  B
no I haven't been diagnosed with anything but that's because I haven't gone to the doctor and my parents don't know anything. I think I might have anxiety and maybe depression? no one knows about what Im going through and i dont know what to do?
When I was little 4-13 is when I would hear the screaming and the pain and I thought it was due to past trauma but the episodes like everyone else would happen first. It is scary. I am now 22
I have the same thing. The feeling that everything around me and everything I'm doing is in a sped up state. I first felt it with a high fever as a child too and now get them every once in a while. The fever thing at young age is a pattern on this forum. I'm 20 now. I find it hard to describe too. I've tried to describe it as if it were the feeling of tiny drips individually leaking out of a faucet at a fast speed. Only every drip hits the sink with a loud ting and you can't slow them down until the feeling finally subsides. It's nerve racking and I always have to talk myself through it in my head and wait for it to pass. It is one of the most indescribable feelings ever.
I heard the screaming people too when I had one of these episodes at a younger age. Not a pleasant sound. Whenever I get them now though, it s only the rapid movement sensation without the noise.
I'm 35 and have sensory processing disorder. I was stressed at work and 2 before I lost my job, I noticed that I had trouble seeing motion. Then 2 days after losing my job, things went downhill. For the past two weeks, everything has appeared to move in "fast-forward" or "clay animation" time. MRI was fine, eye tests were fine as well. GP, 2 neurologists, optometrist, psychosomatic psychiatrist, psychiatrist, and neuro optometrist all said they didn't understand. I think the problem is related to stress and anxiety. The first 12 days were incredibly difficult and absolutely terrifying to see. But I'm learning to live with it. I hope I recover.
Is a relief to hear plenty of other people have experienced this. This fast-forward of reality effect happened to me a year ago (I am 37 now). I used to work grave yard shift and was not sleeping good during the day. I woke up one night and started watching a recorded hockey game.. I thought there was a problem with the DVR because it looked about 50% faster than normal (and I don't have a TV with interpolation it's the normal 60hz or 60fps). I tried to show my wife the problem by holding up my phone with a clock app that the seconds were moving faster on tv.. instead it proved I had the problem since they ticked at the same rate. Then I noticed my 3yo son moving around as fast as a panicked squirrel and sounded like everyone was speed talking. It was alarming and I wondered if this was my new speed of reality. Luckily it lasted about 3 hours or so at a time then went away. It happened every few days after that and eventually when it happened, things didn't seem as fast as that first time. I haven't experienced this since I have a new job but in my case, I'm pretty sure it was related to a combination of sleep deprivation, stress (I was a security guard), anxiety, and possibly because of back pain (which was contributing to the sleep problem). I can confirm that deep breaths can help slow things down but as soon as I relaxed and breathed normal again, things sped back up. Hockey is a  already a fast sport and it was unwatchable at 150%. I can see how this would hinder my abilities in plenty of activities. I had to drive to work while things were still moving somewhat fast but it seemed like I was able to keep up with reaction time. I read some people who were looking for help for their child here and read things from them like this is a "feeling" or "sensation".. anyone who's experienced what I have can tell you this experience is real. Its as if someone has hit the fast forward button on reality and for a kid I could imagine this would make them feel like or seem to others like they are crazy. I have heard schizophrenia has a similar but much worse detachment from normal time perception and this had me worried. I definitely don't have all the answers but my recommendation would be to improve sleep, remove stress and anxieties from life whenever possible since it worked for me. Caffeine may also be a contributor when it's in the mix.. but I'm pretty sure this happens even without the coffee. People probably think it's related to the caffeine because it is definitely related to sleep deprivation and most of those people drink coffee right? The mind + reality is a complicated thing. Anyhow just wanted to share my experience and say thanks to all who've posted here.
I have the same problem only it started when i was like 9 or ten. I have told my guardians but they seem to think it's a joke or i'm just lying. I have told someone i consider a mentor and they suggested it could be depression or have something to do with lack of support from people i should look up to. it stopped when i moved. But i started happening again reciently. Also haven't been sleeping well.
First of all-what a releif to know that im not the only one.
Same trend as the other comments in this forum;
My episodes began at a young age for me. It first would only occur whenever me and my family drove/traveled in bush/secluded areas from as far back as I could remember.  For some bizare reason driving past trees and Bush and not seeing suburbia triggered the fast paced ,disorientated feeling to the point ide feel sick. Almost like motion sickness.

Then it stopped. It came back when i was about 7yrs old. It freaked me out. I put it down to the extreme stress I was under as I had a very rough childhood.

It stopped for a few years which was a huge releif but suddenly came back when I was 13 . It seemed to only occur when i was in the computer lab at school. It was so hard to not freak out and compose myself in front of the other students  (as i was terrified they would notice and think I was nuts).

It went away after about 6 months. But now, ive been experiencing these same episodes 10 yrs later at 24yrs old. Ive been having severe issues with my wisdom teeth. And prescribed codeine pain killers (very low dose) to cope with the pain prior and after my wisdom tooth removal. These episodes have been triggered each time ive had to take the tablets.

Symptoms for me, just like the others are -feeling light headed
-feeling disoriented
-everything is fast paced. Almost as though you are slowed down compared to reality
-sounds are exageraged or under-exaggerated  (i dont even know if that's a word but you catch my drift lol). And this includes ur own thoughts  . Its almost like its a out of body experience.  Your viewing ur own minds thoughts whilst ur mind is in a state of panic, for no apparent reason.  I think this might be what the other bloggers are experiencing when they say they hear "yelling voices ".
-all this while ur body is completely composed  (not in a physical state of panic).

After these most recent episodes ive experienced ,I was prompted to doctor google my symptoms and was relieved to come across this forum. Ive never spoken about this issue before as i was too afraid to confront if i was insane. But now that Ive found im not the only one , im going to bring it up with my psychologist in the next month and see what she has to say . I have a feeling she may not know, but if I can get any more information, ill come back and share it with you all.

All the best to everyone.  
I am 40 and this is the first time I have told anyone of my episodes. I am so glad you said out of body experience!!  I don't quite associate it with an out of body experience in the technical sense but it does feel as though I am floating above my bed. But only a little bit and everything becomes distant sounding.  I do believe it's stress related as well.  I was an abused child and after I left  home they stopped happening but just recently my boyfriend assaulted me and now they are happening again.  We aren't crazy this seems to be fairly common.  I am so glad to know I am not alone
It's weird but I'm 17 and when I get this experience it feels like my adrenalin kicks in. I get hyper and I feel like the world is going faster because I try to process everything. I feel like I can run faster and longer and just do the things you do when you have high adrenalin.

I know this sounds like a cheesy superhero comment.
Like everyone else here I am so relieved that I'm not the only one, I'm 25 now but I used to get this feeling a lot all through my childhood and into my teens, I remember how upsetting it was but then it stopped and I haven't had it for about 10 years but recently it has started again and I decided to google it. It feels like everything is going fast, like fast forward, and there's a really loud noise in my head which I can't really describe, kind of like loads of people shouting but I can't make out any words it's almost deafening even though I'm in a silent room. It only ever really happens at night when I get into bed. Sometimes it's so bad I just want to pull my hair out and scream, but last night I pulled the duvet over me and concentrated on breathing and it went quite quickly, but it can leave me quite distressed. I've never really told anyone about it because I've always been embarrassed about it, but reading these comments has helped as I know I'm not alone. I've never really known what brings it on, I do suffer from anxiety but they started when I was about 6 so I'm not sure it's linked to that? Also, I do get migraines a lot like other people have mentioned so maybe that's linked. It would be great if there was a name for them, it doesn't bother me much anymore as apart from last night they completely stopped for a long time to the point I forgot about them, but I'm more just intrigued to what they are and what causes them.
I had the same thing happen when I was a kid and they suddenly came back over the last Couple weeks it's is kinda scary but I just try and keep myself relaxed as much as possible dud you find anything else about this?????
I know this is an ancient thread, but this always happens to me when I have a severe inner ear infection. I am also diagnosed with ADHD & Bipolar II and I know this symptom is not related to those illnesses or my meds. I see a lot of people commenting that this happened to them as a child and eventually stopped—which is right on par with inner ear infections as well, aside from the rare instances in adulthood (I'm 42). Sometimes you don't even know you have one as there is no other symptom aside from the derealization and sometimes they accompany a fever — another common comment I've been seeing. It's worth a try for anyone looking for answers to pursue that possibility before jumping into a mental health scare.
: D  Hope this finds everyone that commented/questioned here well and sorted
Few minutes ago i feel that thing. thats why i searched for that its so scsry the last time i feel this is when im 10 below now im 15
This is happenin to me as we speak everything feels faster and louder I am even typing faster plz make stop! Its annoying to me it just happen when to me when I was on the bus listening to dubstep and it got radomly faster and slower, and I am 15 years old
This just happened to me..  and I decided to search online.  Its been happening for years. I am 32 and I am scared that I am going crazy.  I thought I was the only one that felt like this...  I am glad that there are others  that understand...  I am so tired if this..  is there anyway to stop this..
Your comparison to the lady in the Sixth Sense is spot on! That's exactly how the harsh/intense voices sound.
Just felt it a few minutes ago and its starting to wear off, I've had it since I was about 3 or 4 and I'm 18 now. I was working on a new track and everything slowed down, I couldn't focus and everyhing got loud then quiet then I heard a scream or something in my head. I found out when I was younger that it is connected to stress and lack of sleep. And I have been stressed about going to uni lately and getting up early to work on my music as I want it to be my job in the future.

I really hope this helped some people, you are not the only ones as I thought I was.<3
I have been experiencing this since I was 4 it happened in my first foster home and continued to age 22 but it is random and sometimes happens months apart and years.. I thought it was connected to trauma... But honestly scared it could be a very very minor   Schizophrenia  
I am 40 years old and experienced these episodes quite often as a child and teenager. They stopped for years but I just had another episode tonight.they always occurred when I was laying in bed.I never told anyone about them mostly because it's so difficult to describe and also because I thought I was going crazy. This is the only way I can explain it...it feels as if everything around me slows down but my thoughts become so loud and fast that I can't make sense of them. It is like being in the middle of a crowd where everyone is talking really fast at the same time so you can't make out any words. If there are any noises in your room during this episode  they sound almost distant and slow and if you move you feel like you are in slow motion.you know you are moving at normal speed but your brain doesn't seem to register it fast enough. If I focus really hard on my breathing and don't move and attempt to make out the noises in my head I start to feel like I am about to lift out of my body..I know that sounds insane but it's the only way to describe it. I don't feel like it's an "out of body experience " I just feel like I am almost floating for a moment. I no longer feel my bed below me and everything starts to sound muffled..a few seconds later it all stops and I am back to normal. Its almost euphoric as it starts to end.I am glad I am not alone in some of these experiences and feelings. My only advice would be to not worry or let it stress you. Its temporary and if you just let it run it's course and not fight it, it can be somewhat relaxing.
I have been scared about this for years, I talked to my doctor about it today and he said he hasn't heard of this happening to anyone. Now I see I'm not alone, anyway we can make a forum and maybe try to get to the bottom of it and compare reasons. Because it has happened to me even when I'm in a good mood and sometimes anxious and I feel like I'm going to go crazy and it lasts for like 30-45 min
Mine is the same thing but like for example.... I was straightning my hair for my interview very excited when all the sudden my eyes felt shifty and my head and vision got cloudy.. My ears plugged up and then as I was straightning my hand looked like it was moving in super sonic speed! But I know I was moving my hand slow.. But my mind saw it fast it scared me and made me cry. Sometimes I hear whispers but nothing coming out of it... I'm 22 and this rarely happens... It happens sometimes.. I know I have  psychic  abilities but I try not to acknowledge them. I was so scared by this I started to cry the first time this happened was when I was 4. And it has happened 2 times in 9 months to me
I am typing this while I am getting this feeling. All thoughts, patterns are so rushed like the entire thought pattern is 16X FF. It happened yesterday too and this is when I started to search info. on it and found this article.

I am 37, taking medicines related to HT but doubt this feeling is associated since I am getting these rushed brain moments from when I was in School. Weird but wonder if anyone found any specific info. about it and why do we go through these rushed and definitely not so pleasant feeling. One thing for sure that I'll never do anything major like Driving a Car or Operate some machinery during this phase.

I'm 43, and I just had this kinda period few minutes ago.I've been having these symptoms since teenage years. When it happens, everything around me is going in fast motion, speeding up like crazy. Even the most slow ballad becomes heavy metal beat. I try to move slowly, but feel like I'm rushing. It always brings a horrible feeling, but it disappears after few minutes. Sometimes I just listen to slow hymn songs or just lay down and wait for it to pass.

Thank you all for letting me know that I'm not alone.
Can people stop posting now and a real doctor answer any of these comments? This must be documented somewhere. It is intriguing. What is this feeling? Were we all abducted by aliens? Is this spirutual? I said people should stop posting but I will add my experiences. Had this since a youngin. Now I am 23 and they are less frequent.

Feels like this:
- Thoughts racing faster
- Hearing sounds more clear, louder
- Walking feels very fast even if I try to move slow on purpose, still somewhat feels too fast.
- Eye movements seem a lot more speedy, as do head tilting
- Talking to myself in my head feels like talking loud / screaming
- Moving hands around feels like all muscles are tense and are very precise
- Feeling alert like after much caffeine
- Feeling heart beat more

I also get a sense that I "MUST" move faster and do things faster for some reason. I'm sure I appear normal to other people despite this feeling. I once tried to exercise but it made no difference, but felt like I can do anything without getting tired.

When does it happen:
- Randomly for no reason, outside or inside, could be sitting down by desk or doing something else.

How long it lasts;
- Anything between 3 - 20 minutes ?

When it ends:
- Feels normal, slower, more "boring" again, feels like "exhaling" that speedy mood out of my soul.
Hey! Im not sure if this is a thing or not, but I saw this site which is extremely similar to those feelings. Its called the Alice in Wonderland syndrome. I have had this same type of feelings ever since I can remember. This is probably the closest thing I have found to it. I have also been tested by mulitple doctors for practically everything, even while being hooked up while having what I call the fast thing and nothing has been detected. Btw, I have found that music helps get me back to normal, it takes a few songs but it does help, just change the song until your body starts realising that its at a normal pace again. Only that that has helped me!
I've been getting this since I can remember. I've already delt with many pretty scary sleep paralysis episodes but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also have been diagnosed with anxiety, and have done many online searches on "what it means when you feel like life isn't real" but I don't know if those things are connected to this either. Just 5 minutes ago I was sitting in my bed doing homework and everything in my head started moving quicker. It was as if I was talking to myself in my head but just in a super fast pace and none of the sentences were making sense and I couldn't actually make out any of the words. Of all the times I've had this since I was little, this is the most intense it's ever been. I tried looking around the room and taking a drink of water in an attempt to snap my brain back but it just went away on its own a moment later. I've never had it for more than a minute or two. Thinking back now, I'm pretty sure I've had an opposite episode where everything moved slower, but those were only ever for a couple seconds. After all these years, I'm happy I'm not the only one experiencing this. I feel like if I tried to explain this in person to somebody it would make no sense at all and nobody would take me serious.
I get the same feeling all the time but I cant explain why it happens I Try to tell my parents but they know what it is I though I was the only one but now I know not but,, I really want to know what it is ????
It&#39;s amazing that situation is actually to other people as well. It&#39;s something I kept close to me and no one else knows.i used to experience this when I was younger like 7, and early teens..I probably had a small episode recently but was amazed if it was actually happening..I always took the time to observe the situation..but all the times it happen I was watching tv, walking from the room in the hallway.. different times.. everything will speed. I even use to speak just to see if it will alter..I was more amazed then any thing..I was became older I have be in fights where was being jump and things began to slow down to me, there motions giving me a upper hand.but never abuse the opportunity. So, before u consider labeling it as a problem or lack there of..be open minded and look beyond Normality..
I used to experience the same feelings. for myself it was due to manic depression or bipolar disorder, your situation may be different I am only suggesting the possibility that what you're experiencing is due to bipolar Mania. during a manic episode you will feel no need to sleep it's possible you will even not want to sleep, what you're experiencing may be racing thoughts.when that happened to me it used to only happen once every week or every two weeks but the Mania would happen very often I would go a day or two days sometimes three whole days and nights with no sleep and feel no exhaustion. as well as major depression, I am not a doctor so I am only suggesting the possibility of bipolar disorder.it would be wise to see a psychiatrist, rather than just your average family doctor.as I said just a suggestion.good luck I hope all ends up well for you
I&#39;ll let youknow Im iving thru it right now. I&#39;m 24 years old and I understand you completely. It happen when I started Pre-cal. I question more than my Brain could process. I remember I was at work when it happen. I remember my precal instructor talking about functions and I was in awe with it and I remember every single thing he was talking connecting functions f(x) the unit circle about little details of my life when I was young the people I have met about 15 years ago like my brain was digging hard for information. Suddenly everyone staring moving faster when it was my closing shift. I move faster than usual because everyone went fast. I did my job super fast and help everyone recover the store on time. I starting laughing and was getting nervous. Then it came, when the manager was about to close the front doors I lost train of time. Everyone starting moving faster and on my brain time keep repeating itself. The manager ask me several times what was wrong. I couldn't get out of it. Finally out the front door I snap out of it and time run smoothly again. I pray to god I got well. I arrive home and it happen again. This time I couldn't control it. I ran into my room shut the door and kept repeating to myself on my thoughts "this is earth, there is only one god if there's one, I have family friends that care for me," it went on for two days. I ended up going to the hospital recently. Today in the morning it happen again on Precal. I question time. When Mr. Contois drew the unit circle he explain angles are the same for a 60 degree angle and 325 then I said time is like a circle. Then it happen again. Everyone sounded loud. I could hear their conversation perfectly. Everyone single conversation. Even if they were whispering. Time went fast. But this time I didnt let my mind go further. Its only the mind doing it. I hope no one else experiences this panic or whatever it is. I am glad am not alone. I hope my story will help someone. One thing to remember don't ever let your mind control you. Take charge. Its just hallucinations or your Brain working too fast. Don't question life ever more than you should either. Breathe and keep repeating yourself, your on earth your name the date and rest your mind take control of it. Be like "mind you need me and I need you, you want us to go to mental hospital and lose it or you want to get well" snap out it your in control.   like some people excellent advice given here. If you all ever need anyone to talk to about this message me. I know what your going thru and its horrible.
I;ve had the same since I was a child And been told it is similar to de ja vu or the post-ictal feeling of a migraine. Essentially these are uncontrolled discharges of the brain. It is nerve endings firing in a haphazard manner. If it becomes unbearable you can see a neurologist. I usually get it once or twice a year.
I have also experienced this and it has manifested in many different ways in my life; from casual activities to very important ones. It is a "feeling" that is very similar to tunnel vision. In that moment I feel incompetent that things I'm actually good at. I "feel" as if unable to see everything clearly that is in front me. Everything in my brain feels rushed and my body feels as if it has become immobile.

I give you two examples where this "feeling" has almost incapacitated me. Reading. While under the influence of this "feeling" when reading, I read the words but they have not meaning or that I do not understand what I just read or that its all leaving my brain as soon as I read it. It is hard to describe this "feeling" of things fleeting from my brain. The second is more of a casual activity. When I'm playing a video game that requires fast reactions. I become so overwhelmed that my hands are barely moving, and in turn I am unable to the simple things in this video game that I have done countless times before.

I have also felt the opposite of this. Things become so clear to me that things are difficult become easy. I am overcome with this "feeling" that I can see something  as if it were moving in slow motion or that my brain is interpreting it so fast. This feeling is far less common than that of "feeling" overwhelmed.

I do not understand the cause of this "tunnel vision" like "feeling" or have a good solution to it, but there are certain things that I do that help. This depends on what you are doing. When I'm reading, for example, I will begin to read out loud and read it multiple times and translate it into my own words and eventually this "feeling" disappears. If I'm doing a physical activity tent I focus extensively on the part of body that it involves. For example, in the case of video games that require mouse and keyboard. I take a deep breath and consciously begin to control my hand and continue this until the "rushed-feeling" disappears. You can try something similar. I noticed I have to clear my head of everything and be confident in the fact that I have done this thing before and can do it again. This maybe is something particular to me, but you can try this as well.

Again, this tunnel vision like "feeling" is hard to describe and it manifests in many different ways. When I'm doing something and feel overwhelmed I continue to do that thing until this "feeling" disappears. Not a real solution but it has worked for me. You can also try taking to a medical professional about this.

Hi, I'm 26 and I can't believe I haven't researched this before, at least I don't remember having done so. It has been years since I hadn't felt these things... I had forgotten what it was like. Welp, these symptoms are reminding me it is a thing that exist alright. I found several suggestions in this thread of what it could be, I'm going to be researching fo a while today it seems.
I experience the same thing almost exactly. My dad has it and so did my grandfather. It's a form of a panic attack (or so I've been told.) Mine usually occurs out of nowhere and has no real reason to show up but I've been told that it is nothing serious. You shouldn't feel scared, everything is fine with you. Just go into a quiet room alone, sit in front of a table side fan and everything should slow back down. It also helps to try to fall asleep or take a nap. I understand that it might be scary or overwhelming but you might just have over excited yourself or you are the tiniest bit stressed out. Anything can trigger a panic attack, no matter how small. Just know that you are okay... you just might need to relax and take a breather.
I went through the thread people have broken their fears regarding this specific symptoms but even going through many answers i haven&#39;t found a single diagnosis of this no specific outcome or reason what it really ment. What i want from each to try the level best to find the root cause and actual meaning as nothing is meaningless.  Waiting...
I have the same things
I have the same thing , but with the Love of God I can say that I am healed. I suffered this fast moving motion attack many times , it can happen anytime and anywhere even i was happy that time i was sad it can happen. One time i was at the metro and things started to get very fast. The ladies talking at each other the closing of the train doors , when i speak , when i wave my hands , everything. I even cried coz its not going away. So i just closed my eyes and pray. To stop the fast motion coz i dont know if I can go down the train my station is very near , Luckily it STOP. and thank God i go down the train smoothly. The next day i went to the doctor and they advise me to see a neurolgist at first i was ashamed people might think i am crazy. The doctors finding was all fine , i am fine i am healthy , she just advise me to sleep well , dont stress to much and dont think to much. Then i am taking meds for 2 weeks from then on i didnt feel again any attacks. Thanks be to God!. To everyone whose suffering this kind of attack , you are not alone a lot also experience the same , it is advisable to go to your doctor as well so you can have a prescribed medication. Always pray and remain calm . Stay healthy everyone. :)