Anxiety Community
My hatred for my looks put me into depression and is ruining my life.

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I think I had anxiety since middle school. I've had this thing about my nose that it was always big, long and wide. Not only have I noticed it, everybody pointed it out. I've became entirely anti-social. I had no friends, nor girlfriend till the age 16. I'm 18 years old now, and all the sayings of *You'll grow out of it, it's just a stage* I've had so many girlfriends, i'm consider very attractive, super sweet an honest. However, I myself, despise the way I look. I don't the psychological  help will actually work, since my mind seems to counteract all positive compliments. I don't know what to do. EVERY day I wake up, the first thing I do is think about how I grind my teeth, what if my nose got bigger, am I becoming more unattractive? I look in the mirror EVERYDAY. I spend about 2 1/2 hours total in the mirror throughout the day, downing myself.

I wish to ask this one question. I've been pinching my nose for around 4-5 months.Thinking it'll get smaller and straighter. I looked it up and it says it can do permanent damage and be bigger. EVer since then I CAN'T stop pinching my nose as it's a addiction and I suffer, because I imagine my nose getting bigger. It has. It's gotten alot wider.. Did I forever change the shape of my nose, or is it just swollen? I beat it up badly when I pinch it. I don't think it's broken.. I do feel popping if I squeeze in certain spots, however it doesn't hurt. My nose is constantly red from pinching.. Do you think it could be bigger just by swollen, or maybe I've actually done permanent damage? *It's also winter and I have a cold, so that could be it too I guess*
May someone help me?
Hi Sir gregory, i think pinching your nose will make it swell a bit but should get back to normal in a day or so. If your nose botters you that much have you considered plastic surgery. They have come a long way in these procedures and the cost is quite affordable. Some of my friends have done it and really changed there feelings about them selves.
I hope it's only swollen, I've researched that it takes much pressure to break your nose, which pinching shouldn't be able to do. My mind is tricking me into thinking it's becoming bigger if I do not pinch. It does, my nose truly does bother me very much. I was considering Rhinoplasty , but I've read that it starts looking worse than ever as you age, so it kinda pushed me away from that idea.
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
facts About Meat
21 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms