Anxiety Community
My hatred for my looks put me into depression and is ruining my life.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My hatred for my looks put me into depression and is ruining my life.

I think I had anxiety since middle school. I've had this thing about my nose that it was always big, long and wide. Not only have I noticed it, everybody pointed it out. I've became entirely anti-social. I had no friends, nor girlfriend till the age 16. I'm 18 years old now, and all the sayings of *You'll grow out of it, it's just a stage* I've had so many girlfriends, i'm consider very attractive, super sweet an honest. However, I myself, despise the way I look. I don't the psychological  help will actually work, since my mind seems to counteract all positive compliments. I don't know what to do. EVERY day I wake up, the first thing I do is think about how I grind my teeth, what if my nose got bigger, am I becoming more unattractive? I look in the mirror EVERYDAY. I spend about 2 1/2 hours total in the mirror throughout the day, downing myself.

I wish to ask this one question. I've been pinching my nose for around 4-5 months.Thinking it'll get smaller and straighter. I looked it up and it says it can do permanent damage and be bigger. EVer since then I CAN'T stop pinching my nose as it's a addiction and I suffer, because I imagine my nose getting bigger. It has. It's gotten alot wider.. Did I forever change the shape of my nose, or is it just swollen? I beat it up badly when I pinch it. I don't think it's broken.. I do feel popping if I squeeze in certain spots, however it doesn't hurt. My nose is constantly red from pinching.. Do you think it could be bigger just by swollen, or maybe I've actually done permanent damage? *It's also winter and I have a cold, so that could be it too I guess*
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
May someone help me?
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi Sir gregory, i think pinching your nose will make it swell a bit but should get back to normal in a day or so. If your nose botters you that much have you considered plastic surgery. They have come a long way in these procedures and the cost is quite affordable. Some of my friends have done it and really changed there feelings about them selves.
Blank
I hope it's only swollen, I've researched that it takes much pressure to break your nose, which pinching shouldn't be able to do. My mind is tricking me into thinking it's becoming bigger if I do not pinch. It does, my nose truly does bother me very much. I was considering Rhinoplasty , but I've read that it starts looking worse than ever as you age, so it kinda pushed me away from that idea.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
6942344_tn?1399545139
Blank
Amandag78 commented on A beautiful hard day....
24 mins ago
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
4 hrs ago
1110049_tn?1384640486
Blank
4Maddie44 uploaded new photos
8 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker