My mind is playing tricks on me!!!
about 3 month ago i went to a free std clinic. I got HIV antibody tests done, it came back negative. now I am so terrified that perhaps the nurses used a dirty needle to draw my blood. Although I know I had no risk, the thoughts come uninvited to my mind and kill my joy of living. these thoughts totally consumed my brain and i could not "turn them off". I have been working with a counselor on some CBT and nothing that anyone says can convince me otherwise. the more I think about it, the worse it gets. I'm on meds for anxiety. please help me, any advice? I am living under fear from HIV.
Hi, I went through the same thing, I was negative and I kept on thinking I had HIV, I wanted reassurance kept on going to the clinic. Then I saw a counselor and it really helped. You got the HIV anxiety, if they told u its negative then it is negative they won't lie to u. Also the nurse would not use a dirty needle on u. Stick with your counselor hope things go well for u.