Anxiety Community
My story.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

My story.

My childhood wasn't too great. I had an emotionally abusive step father. My mother died two years ago. Two years ago I also had an emotionally and physically abusive boyfriend. I'm 17 years old right now. This past November, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 5 months, and quitting a job, I started to get shortness of breath. I do have asthma, but my inhalors wouldn't work. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression at the age of 9, but wasn't very anxious in the past year until then. The shortness of breath continued and now I'm still having trouble breathing. Now there is chest pain, arm pain, dizziness, and I feel constantly anxious. I worry about absolutely everything imaginable, and have horrible times getting to sleep. I had a chest xray, breathing tests, and one heart test, and everything is apparently fine. I'm on Paxil (just started) and am planning on getting counseling.

Has this ever happened to any of you, or does anyone have any other ideas?
My doctor seems so annoyed by me!
Oh god yes !
I always get those feelings!
Im only 18 and havent been through alot but have been suffering with anxiety since I was 10.
Thats good that your taking meds and getting help.
Anxiety can overpower us and make us think the worse, the best way is to keep positive.
Hi!
I'm really sorry for the loss of your mother at such an early age. My heart goes out to you. Such a young person should not be tormented with all that worrying.
I'm also very sorry to hear that your doctor is "annoyed" by you. He/she should rather take seriously what you tell him and your story too and you to find solid ground. Referring you to a counsellor/therapist is definetely his responsibility!

It's not unususal to choose another abusing person when one has experienced abuse as a child. That is what you have learnt to be "normal" and it feels familiar to you. I'm very glad you were able to leave that abusive boy. You don't need that anymore. You need the opposite: A loving, caring and supportive friend.

You are very young and you have all the odds on your side to make a good life for yourself despite your sad childhood. But you might need a bit of help to move in the right directon.

My guess is that you will get to feeling a lot better if you have somebody trustworthy to talk to(like a therapist) with all the stuff you've been through.

I really wish you ALL the best of luck with everything and that you go on to pursue all the happiness that you definetely deserve!

Nora
Thanks to both of you,
it's good to know I'm not alone.

Lately I've also been worrying and looking at my veins a lot, because my hands have been hurting, and last night they looked purply, and I completely freaked out.
I hate this constant feeling of anxiety and freaking out by the world.
Kermit the Hermit One good thing about music,... Comment
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
MusiciansWish1990 Had a nice long bike ride a... Comment