Anxiety Community
My tongue feels swollen. Anxiety ?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My tongue feels swollen. Anxiety ?

I feel like my tongue is swollen and is to big for my mouth but people say it looks fine. I don't know if this is anxiety from thinking about it or it really is slightly swollen. Also when i stick it out it appears the back left side appears to be higher. Any options would be greatly appreciated. I haven't had anything different to eat nor have i had any medications.
Hello! It definitely could be anxiety. When I first started suffer from panic attacks and general anxiety, I often felt like my tongue was swollen and that I could not swallow. I would check with your doctor just to be sure it is in fact your imagination that is causing you to believe it is swollen. You could also rule out any kind of food allergies, but it is definitely an anxiety symptom.
Anxiety can take on many forms of symptoms. When you have anxiety you hyper focus on any physical symptom that you feel. This hyper focus leads to the fear that something must be wrong when in fact it is not. If it is terribly bothersome make an appointment with your health care professional to rule out anything. Stay positive..
I agree with audrey1122 here.  Anxiety will make you focus extra on every little "symptom".  It will cause you to notice stuff you never paid one bit of attention to before.
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
1 hr ago
Give love
2 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms