Anxiety Community
Mysterious bump on head

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Mysterious bump on head

Ok, I suffer from pretty severe health anxiety. A few weeks ago I felt a lump in my stomach that I thought was cancer, to which my Dr told me it was my spleen, and that I am thin enough to feel it. So, I do have migraines, and all that, and brain cancer is my biggest fear, though I know I am totally irrational and there's no way i could have all the things I've convinced myself I've had. That said; just last night I felt a hard lump on the left side of the top of my head. It is hard, and hurts a little, but I don't remember bumping my head. I feel my head for lumps all the time, so there's no way a tumor would pop out overnight right? I probably bumped it in my sleep, or bumped it lightly and don't remember? I have a high pain threshold, I always cut myself without realizing it, so this is a possibility? Thanks so much guys.
Oh boy, do I know what you're going through, I also suffer from health anxiety.  I am currently worried about my lungs and a dark spot I see on my ankle.  

A few years ago, I obsessed about brain tumors.  I kept getting dizzy, researched it on the net and made my doc give me a MRI.  

I don't know about bumps on the head.  All I can say to you is that my friend felt a bump on her head about a year ago.  She got it checked out, turned out to be nothing.  It eventually went away.  Get it checked out.  
Avatar n tn
I know it's just me being crazy again. I've been so much better with my health anxiety, but then to get a bump out of nowhere, and then I start googling my symptoms and convincing myself I have cancer is so frustrating. I have no insurance and I don't want to spend money going to the doctor again to have him tell me I'm fine. Also, it's embarrassing. I'm not going to touch it, and hope it goes away, and to be honest, it's a little sore like I did hit my head, though I have no recollection of doing so. And yeah, a tumor that size wouldn't pop up overnight. Thanks for the reply, it feels nice to have other people who relate to my anxiety. It's a joke to all of my friends and family, but no one knows how much I suffer with this.
DON'T GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS!  THAT'S THE WORST MISTAKE YOU CAN MAKE.  I MADE THAT MISTAKE SO MANY TIMES.  IT WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY!

Good luck!
When something hurts, it is a very good sign that it ISN'T CANCER.  Cancer usually doesn't hurt...it also wouldn't pop up over night.  Give it time to heal...and stop touching it!  You will continue to make it sore!  Touch it again in a week or so and see if it is getting better...if it continues for more than 2 weeks (which I probably won't...if you don't keep touching it!) go see a doctor.
Avatar n tn
I honestly haven't heard of anyone getting a lump on their scalp and it turning out to be cancer.  Other than bumping your head (I bump and bruise myself all the time and don't remember how) it could be what my husband has - a clogged hair follicle or a "wen" I think its called.  It is obviously minor - just sits there.  My co-worker has one too.  My husband has had his for 14 yrs now.  Anyway - googling symptoms sucks - and I know how you feel!
Avatar n tn
thanks for the tip on not googling symptoms, for some reason I find myself obsessed!
Avatar n tn
Im in the same situation and nervous. I just found a lump under my hair about the size of a dime. It must have gotten there in the last two days. There isnt any pain, but it feels slightly soft inside
10356 commented on READY
meegWpaw commented on READY
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms