Natural products for anxiety
I have had anxiety and its relates issues for 18 years. 11 years on medications. Too many symptoms to name but learned to deal with most of them.

I am in the process of quitting my medications, first effexor then klonopin and want to fight my anxiety with natural stuff. I already joined a gym and will join a soccer or hockey club just for fun but I will have to need some natural herbs or something that is good for stress and anxiety, especially in the beginning.

Has anyone used anything that is helpful?

Hello there,

Along with healthy diet ( if you don't eat that well i suggest taking vitamins complex and especially all vitamin B for anxiety ) you can try going to a food supplements store and looking for those.

-Gamma-aminobutyric Acid (GABA)
-Valerian
-Kava
-Seredyn
-Passionflower

Relaxation techniques are proven to be helpful too.
I forgot to add that not because it's natural means it have no interaction with other drugs so talk to your doctor prior taking any of those ''natural'' medications while already using other medications. I'm not a doctor and I'm only telling what i know. In no way you should take that as a ''go for it buy all of those and take them all''.

Best regards,
M4
Thank you so much. I will do research about those products.

I know, I am very careful when it comes to medications even natural once. When I give people my opinion I too often say I am not a doctor etc even though it says on the left side of this page that ppl shouldn't act upon other member's opinions and should ALWAYS check with doctor.

Thanks again

There's a ton of natural remedies to deal with anxiety.  By the way, GABA is often not well absorbed when taken as a supplement and at times has a paradoxical reaction; it's usually better to take amino acids such as taurine and perhaps tyrosine, which are what the body uses, along with B6 and other cofactors, to manufacture GABA.  But that aside, try reading the book Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist at UCLA.  It has a pretty thorough list of natural remedies and how to dose them.  The thing with natural healing is, it is always done through a combination of remedies that deal with the body as a whole, not just one.  For example, for anxiety, the person would take a relaxant (such as kava, passionflower, theanine, etc.), something to support the adrenals (eleuthero and ashwagandha, for example), something to control cortisol release (holy basil), amino acids to regulate neurotransmitter function (5htp, taurine, i.e.).  So it's complicated.  This would be combined with treatments like acupuncture, breathing techniques, and nutrition changes.  It's a longer road than taking a med, and a completely different path.  Good luck.