Anxiety Community
Nausea and Anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Nausea and Anxiety

I am nauseous basically all day everyday.  Most of the time it doesn't lead to vomiting.  I've tried plenty of over the counter meds for nausea, no help.  I also tried the prescription drug Prevacid but it did nothing for me.  All my Drs have said the nausea is caused by ANXIETY. I am taking Zoloft for anxiety, and it has helped my panic attacks, but does anyone have any sugggestions for my nausea? PLEASE hellp!
Is there a reason behind the nausea, eg are you afraid of being sick? I ask this question because I have the same thing but I know the reason why I always feel sick, I am an emetophobic (Phobia of vomiting).
You might not have this but I know that the brain can make you feel sick even when its not real, therefore antinausea things dont help because its all in your head even though it feels so real. I know how bad this feels, but it is a huge possibility that it is just caused by anxiety. Thats how it is with my experiance anyway. You may want to get a second oppinion if you are worried.
Nausea was my middle name for a very long time...all due to my anxiety.  I woke up nauseous every day and it subsided a little as the day went on, only to come on strong when I had to leave the house to do errands etc.  My doctor then put me on Buspar along with my Paxil.  it helped almost immediately.  i wouldn't say my nausea went away completely, but much more bearable and no dry heaves.  Buspar is an anti-anxiety med...not an anti-depressant, and it works very well in combiniation with an anti-depressant.  Check with your doctor.

Also, I found that when you accept your feelings, and accept the fact that this is the way you are and not fight it, the sooner the feelings will start to subside.  Its like you have to become "friends" with your anxiety and not an enemy...I found this does help.
It's not "just all in your head" it's in your gut! Did you know the gut is considered part of the nervous system?

I have the same issue right now because my mother is very sick. I find ativan, small doses helps. Marijuana helps sometimes but sometimes makes it worse because it actually makes me more anxious!

I heard the gold standard now is small doses of celexa (in far smaller doses than usual for anitdepressant effects) and I am seeing my doctor about that this week.

Good luck--

Living on soda crackers and ginger ale myself.
10356, and Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
1 hr ago
tabbed09 commented on I just wish people wo...
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms