Anxiety Community
Nauseous around girlfriend, please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I've researched this before, but have found no one in the exact same situation as myself. I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 14 months and we are madly in love. Ever since we first started dating, I have felt nauseous around her, throwing up a lot of the time. I used to think i was nervous, but it cant be the case because im more comfortable around her than anyone else I know. It used to be only after I ate dinner with her and eventually built up until I vomited. Now it has gotten bad enough that i start to feel it before I eat, during, and especially after. A few months ago it went away for several weeks and it seemed promising, but then it suddenly came back. Its not bad enough that its affecting my daily life whenever I think about her. Ive lost a lot of my appetite and just feel tired all the time. I believe it is fully mental because if I distract myself, it goes away, but I want to be able to relax with her and not have this happen. We have already had sex, and i love her with everything I am. Im not saying its a definite thing, but I wouldn't mind marrying her someday. Im open to any suggestions, except medication and therapy, so please try to help. Thanks in advance for any help!  
To add something, my gf lives 30 min away so I only see her about twice a week
Hi and welcome, This is only my opinion from what you have posted.
Vomiting can be habit forming and your mind will make a body signal to vomit. It becomes automatic when the same incident comes up. I think your under alot of stress with this relationship and you have mixed feelings. You say you love her madly, then you say you wouldnt mind marrying her some day. Madly in love people want to get marred, not "wouldnt mind".
I think she is madly in love with you but you not with her. Knowing she is madly in love with you is an ego trip and you are confusing the word love. This is putting stress on you psycologicly. Your taking all that love from her and in a sence leading her on. Its guilt that is making you vomit.
Correcly me im wrong but thats what is see.
I think you just read into my wording. I sure as hell want to marry her and we talked about this before, but I don't know if it will be possible if we do different stuff in life
Your a  very sensitve person and perhaps you see the two of you not getting married as you do differnt stuff in life and the thought of it makes you sick to your stomach.
I was with a girl like that once, and was always guessing, the guessing also made my stomach in knots which very easily could have led to vomiting.
Your vomiting has to do with your relationship with her. You know better than us what the problem is as we can only touch on what we think, not knowing the two of you.
Why do you think your vomiting, just stop for a moment and give it some realistic thoughts, holding nothing back,?
It all started after I ate dinner with her one night and I feel like my mind just links eating with her to throwing up and I can't break the habit. Other than not seeing her all the time, there is nothing wrong with my relationship. We plan on going to the same college and hopefully getting married. I've literally talked with her about everything so I think the problem only lies in my brain. I believe my exact problem is that I worry about throwing up and that makes it worse. If i don't think about it, it's not existent. It's never that bad until I starting thinking and worrying about throwing up, then it gets to the point that I actually do. I think i just need a way to replace that worry with something else or convince myself ill be fine. Getting fresh air, calming myself, and distracting myself usually works
I think you got it figured out. Putting something in your mouth triggers it, Happens to people who brush their teeth also. There is an association with the back of the throat and the stomach. Something like a natural way to prevent chocking. Its like a mechinism and can be habit forming.
good luck and maybe eat more soup when your with her!!!!!
Can anyone else help?
i am having the exact same troubles. only until recently when we gointo town  for a meal i suddenly lose my appetite even though i am very hungry. this is really affecting our relationship and yesterday, she said she feels less sexually attracted to me, but still loves me and just wants things to be how they were.. the problem is i cant go back to the way things were because i was stoned a nd drunk everyday for eight years. now she feels like she is going out with a person she cant go out and have fun with. i feel like i cant control these nauseous feelings.. its so frustrating. i just want to go get pissed    again so i can feel comfortable enough to eat around her  but i cant because of my medication. very depressing.. i love her so much but i feel if i cant man up and be the sexy, exciting person she fell in love  with(i'e, the stoner me) she/we may have to move on. **** YOU STOMACH
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Paxiled commented on The Dark Side of ...
HollowFeelings joined this community
Welcome them!