Anxiety Community
Need help PLEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Need help PLEASE

I have been having some twitching issues for about 2 months now and was really concerned it was something deadly. Anyway I went to see a neurologist today and he asked a bunch of questions had me do some strenght tests and then said ok I dont think its MS but I will have you do some bloodwork and then do an emg if you fail that then we will have to figure out what disease it is.... I was like WHAT???? Has anyone ever been through this or understand what he is talking about because I am freaking out!!!! Is he being cautious or is it something serious??? HELP!!! Thanxs
Sounds like a cooky Dr. to me. Why in the WORLD would he say "let's figure out what kind of disease it is." if he's found NOTHING. And a good Dr. will typically have a good idea of what you may have and probably do not have by what you tell him.

I had muscle twitching ALL over my body last year for almost 3 months straight. What was it? ANXIETY. There were times I'd feel stress free, but my muscles were a jumping and a twitching. It finally left. There was nothing wrong with me. My Dr. didnt even run tests on me b/c he knew it was anxiety from what I told him.

Hang in there don't freak out. Some Dr.s want your $$$$ and want to run all the tests in the world to make more $$$.

You'll be fine. K? =)
Thank you so much!!! You have made me feel much better,,,,,your right, my doctor said the same thing but I pushed and pushed until she sent me to the neurologist. Maybe I should have left it alone!!! Thank you for your reply I truly appreciate it!!!!
Health Anxiety is so hard, I know... :(   But it sounds to me like you are FINE. I know it's hard to accept, because I never accept it either. Over the past 6 months, I've had heart disease, brain tumors, spinal problems, lung cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer and bone cancer, all self diagnosed of course. I woke up the other day with all the signs of a Urinary tract infection and what did I google?  Bladder Cancer. and even though I am on antibiotics and it's helping, I woke up with pains all in my stomach last night, and to me, it was cuz it's spread (that is what is playing in my mind). So I totally understand your fear.  This is so hard to live with but you are not alone. I need reassurance from my doctor a lot and I am very blessed that my doctor ROCKS....  She will do test just to make me happy but she will be very honest and say that it's my anxiety causing most of this. I am super in tune with my body. You are going to be fine, and you can always reach out to us, we will help you. Another site I am on is Daily Strength. It's another support group site that has a lot of people in the same boat.
Doctors often don't take into account that some of their patients may be suffering from anxiety, so they blurt out things that may mean nothing to them, but cause the patient to go into a panic. They are so accustomed to seeing patients on a regular basis, that they say these things so matter-of-factly and we're left sitting there thinking we've got six months to live and what's going to happen to our kids when we're gone.

The good news--don't start writing out your will just yet. :-) Doctors run these tests not only to rule out any diseases or conditions, but to cover their butts from potential lawsuits as well. Some also may order a battery of tests in order to increase hospital revenue. It happens.

Twitching is fairly common and most likely something far less serious than a "disease". I suspect you'll be just fine.
CRSeaside commented on photo
3 mins ago
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
19 mins ago
MattyTaylor Happy Holidays! Comment