Need help with my anxiety!!
I have been sick for the past 5 months and they have found some therapy to help me with whats wrong. Since I have gotten sick though my anxiety has shot through the roof. I already had anxiety before I got sick because I have OCD. But since I got sick my anxiety has made my condition much worse than it should be. I have the feeling something is stuck in my throat and tightness in my throat and the doctors have said that its from my muscles and they have gotten someone that will be doing therapy with me to help loosen my muscles and help them relax. Because of this feeling in my throat i dont eat any regular food and I cant even take my anti anxiety pills that my doctor prescribed me to take because I feel like its going to get stuck in my throat. Even before i got sick i still could swallow pills. Does anyone know of some ways that i can reduce my anxiety so that i can at least start taking my pills so that i can start getting better?
I have that feeling like something is stuck in my throat, can feel it when I swallow. The doctor checked it out an said I had a throat infection, he gave me antibiotics still got that feeling like something is stuck in my throat can feel it worse when am lying in bed. Doc told me it my muslces in my throat. Its horrible to have an don't know why it happened. Can feel it when I swallow when eating. The Doc assured me their nothing to worry about. So have to put my trust in him
That is almost exactly whats wrong with me. I was put on 2 different antibiotics for it and it didnt help and they had thought i had mono but after they realized that it got worse and it wasnt mono i have gone and seen 2 different ENTs i have had 4 different tests done from the ENTs and they haven't found anything. They said that my throat looks perfectly fine and that there is nothing wrong physically with my throat. So they are going to be doing throat therapy with me since i cant eat foods so that i can get back to eating again.
I eat and drink just feels uncomfortable when I swallow tho. Its worse when I smoke that's why am stopping smoking now. Just hoping the doc re fairs me to someone who can help. Its doing me head in now and worrying at the same time
I have this -- it's allergy related and OCD intensified.  Keep in mind that antibiotics make allergies worse by overtaxing the immune system and killing off beneficial bacteria.  One response might be to try a liquid herbal formula to help you sleep, as that's easy to swallow (assuming you're not on benzos or other meds targeting GABA).  You can also suck on sublingual melatonin, another sleep aid you don't have to swallow.  And you can take a powdered probiotic found in the refrigerated section of your local health food store to replenish what the antibiotics have killed off, which again you can drink without having to swallow a pill.  Because it sounds to me, and this is just an opinion, that this is part of your OCD, given what the docs have found.
Last I heard there is no proof probiotic does what is claimed. In Canada where I live, Danone yogurt goes wild with claims because there is no policing mechanism, but in Europe their same probiotic yogurt has no claims so the packaging is much different, because Euro do not allow claims that haven't been subjected to studies.
The government scientist interviewed said it sounded like a reasonable theory that it would work as claimed, but many good theories don't stand up to testing.
I am not an expert, so any info you have is of interest to me.
Have you checked to see if the anti-anxiety pills can be dissolved in water? Just a suggestion.
Have you gone to an ENT yet? If not you should ask your doctor to refer you to an ENT and if they dont find anything they will probably do what they are doing with me which is therapy and that should work if its your muscles.
I have tried dissolving it in water and it doesnt dissolve.
And what are you talking about in your first comment because it really confused me and made no sense at all.
I have liquid Paxil that my doctor gave me and I'm wondering what time of the day should I take it?