Need sleep
Ive been dealing with some health/anxiety issues and I usually sleep ok. Well last nite I did not get any sleep... maybe two hours. Ive been miserable all day, I took a valium a little while ago to help me sleep but now I just feel more tired and sick and still cant sleep. My head feels funny and I feel sick, and so overtired. But still cant seem to sleep. Someone please help! Any suggestions?
What helps me is taking a hot shower or hot bath right before bed. Another thing that helps is relaxation music, especially sounds of the ocean. Try to gradually get your house darker and darker as bed time approaches.
well if this is not a regular occurance, I wouldn't recommend going on medication.

If you want to try, you can go to the drug store and purchase over the counter Nytol herbal or non-herbal. My pharmacist says it helps with sleep if you are not a chronic insomniac.

I have insomnia and hate taking sleeping pills because I feel so sick in the morning. However, my miracle drug is Seroquel. You can ask your doc about it. It's actually not a sleeping pill, it's prescribed for Bipolar or even depression, but it works really well for sleep and that's what I use it for. I guess it's really helping with my depression too. But I only recommend meds if it's like everynight you can't sleep.

Also, don't watch tv or go on the computer before sleeping. Read a book or newspaper. And if you can't fall asleep, don't just toss and turn. Get out of bed and do some sort of activity until you get tired. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. They have givin me xanax and I didnt like that at all. I stopped taking it, then he gave me valium and I tried taking one to help me sleep and I think it made it worse. I can fall asleep easily, but 2 hours after I fall asleep I wake up and cannot fall back asleep. I am sooo over tired. I think I just need to get these pills outta my system and then hopefully I can eat and sleep again. Thanks