Anxiety Community
Need some support

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Need some support

I posted a comment a few days ago about my chest feeling really funny. When I did I don't think i explained it very well. I said it felt like a dropping sensation, which is true in a way, but let me see is I can explain it better. It kind of feels more like a burning sensation. Kind of like when something scares or startles you, that feeling you have in your chest for a few seconds. The thing is that it is happening to me all the time. Do you guys still think this is anxiety related? My fear is that it is going to happen so much that I am going to have a heart attack or stroke. This in turn makes it worse, and here goes the cycle again. Sometimes I also get hot flashes or chills when I am exeriencing this.Any suggestions?
Are you feeling like your heart stops for a moment and then "bang" it starts beating again?
The sensation is like that yes, but I just checked my pulse and it is the same even when the feeling hits. It comes in waves, will last a couple of seconds, and then go away. I do have acid reflux, which has been really really bad lately because of all the stress. I am wondering if it is related. Do you think this is really harming my body?
I had mine checked out.  I had EKG and a Holter which all came back normal.  I met with a cardiologist who did an ultrasound and then explained to me that it is not hurting my heart.  In my case it was just a longer heartbeat and I was feeling the sensation of a larger volume of blood pumping out of the ventricle.  This really put my mind at ease and the symptoms have reduced quite a bit.

I also took tagemet for really bad heartburn when I was in my early 30's.

Its alarming to notice your chest.  Get it checked out, but if everything comes back normal, try to trust the test results.

Best wishes
I have had many, many heart tests: Holter monitor, blood tests, EKG's ( I think like 5 this month), chest x rays, etc. I think I am driving my doctor crazy, so I actually have a stress test in the morning, which will probably come out normal like all my other tests. I am a 29 year old female, with no risk factors for heart disease. When you had heart burn did it feel like this? Do you think I am being over sensitive to this??
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
Sharihome is ...experiencing hard tim... Comment
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms