Anxiety Community
Nervous stomach? For what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Nervous stomach? For what?

27 male. Suffers from anxiety. Does anyone else suffer from a constant nervous stomach? For no reason?

I had a panic attack last Saturday that scared the living day lights out of me, but I kept my cool and I was fine 45 minutes later.

But ever since then I've just had this nervous stomach that won't shake all the way. When I lay down in bed at night after a nice hot shower, it goes away, but as soon as I get up and going, it's back. I know it's probably a little vicious cycle b/c I keep thinking about "am I going to have a nervous stomach?" So maybe it's Conscious or Subconscious. But it stinks either way. But it's not the worst anxiety I've ever had.

When I say nervous stomach, I don't mean, cramps... I mean the feeling of "butterflies" whirling around in my stomach. My heart will race too at times.

Does anyone else have this constant feeling of "butterflies" in the stomach? The fluttering? My palms have been extra sweaty too lately.

It is uncomfortable, but I know it's just anxiety, and I have been making the best of it the past 5 days. But I don't know why I'm having this constant "bad butterfly" sensation in my stomach.

Maybe it's just relapse anxiety after the bad panic attack? I know it was just a panic attack.

Strange. I know it will eventually leave. I've had it before, and it always eventually leaves.
I do! I described it as a crunchy stomach for want of a better description. I too just chalk it up to another symptom that will pass. It just always grabs my attention and one more worry! Add it to my acceptance list
I def get butterflies. I had to go to court tuesday morning and monday night I was laying in bed and my stomach felt all ticklish inside for lack of a better descripton and everytime I breathed in it felt like my stomach was dropping. It was really weird.
Yup. I wish there was something that stopped that uneasy feeling. Don't you usually get "butterflies" in the stomach when something exciting or something scary is about to happen? lol.

Why have them all day when I'm not excited about anything, and not scared about anything?

Unless I'm subconsciously worried about having anxiety?

I try to not take an ativan all day til I just have to have one. A .5mg.

I'm weaning off of klonopin and lexapro.

So far im down to 1.25mg Lexapro and 0.125mg klonopin <---- almost nothing. Like licking an aspirin. lol. But I like to wean properly and SLOWLY.

I just don't like taking those pills long term.

That's why I'm back on Ativan only. B/c it's something I feel I can take only when I need it, and then wean off of it when I feel I don't need it.

I don't like the thought of being on something for long term.
... I mean, it feels like you are "anticipating" something... I HATE IT. lol. I have found out that it's worse around 6pm for some reason... right before I'm about to get off of work and come home. I usually have no appetite for dinner unless I take an ativan before hand.

Then my wife and I sang karaoke on myspace haha. It was fun. I find singing and playing my guitar and stuff helps take the nervousness away... but once its all over and time for bed... it comes back. so strange.
I had really bad nervous stomach while I was weaning off xanax. I had it more often than not. Weaning off the meds may have something to do with it. I do hate the feeling though.
Erin, Maybe you are right? Maybe it is the weaning? But it's so strange b/c I was doing awesome just about a week ago! I was hanging out with my buddy on thursday, we hit the gym, jammed out to music, ate a huge dinner... then Friday was an awesome day, and even saturday was an awesome day... until that night, I had a bad bad panic attack at my works christmas party.

seems like ever sense then ive had this nervous stomach. It's starting to mess with my appetite again too... it *****.

And it causes bloatedness, feels like when I eat, I have to go to the bathroom not too much longer. Like food is digesting a lot faster?

A nervous stomach can do a lot... :(

Hope once these meds get all the way out it will eventually deminish? I've only been on them for 2 months.

I think this will help me find what is going to work for me too.

Maybe I need the Lexapro at 5mg.? Who knows.

I have a Dr's follow up in 2 months.
I am experiencing these symptoms too cnote it's so annoying. R u better now?
I know what you are talking about. I had a panic attack about 6 months and I have had a ball of nerves in my stomach since. It is constant!!! I have this when I wake up, while watching tv, while, while laying on the couch, in church... all the time. I have gone to the Dr and and even the ER but they tried to treat me with acid reflux but its not that. I went to my rg Dr and he said its anxiety. I am going to get put on meds to help mine. I can say that deep breathing has helped and cutting back on caffeine has helped a little. Go to utube and listen to a relaxation video. I know these things may or may not help you but its worth a try, So far nothing has helped  100% but I am still hopeful
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
10356 My Sister has passed on.. ... Comment
abby32886 joined this community
Welcome them!