Anxiety Community
Nervousness feeling after masturbation

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Nervousness feeling after masturbation

I have a question, and I don't know if it has anything to do with the paxil I took several years ago. Okay, here's the story. I took Paxil in 2005 for about 3 months. One day, I took paxil, but then I don't know, out of the blue, I wanted to masturbate. I didn't masturbate for awhile, so I just wanna do it. I took the paxil as usual, then masturbate like a few hours later. I did not feel any nervousness after masturbating. However, I had the headaches as usual. I've had that problem for awhile, and I don't think it's a problem for me. I only took paxil for like 3 months, I think I stopped like 1 or 2 weeks later after that day I masturbated. Like 6 months later, I noticed that after I masturbate, I feel nervousness, and scared especially around people. It usually lasts for 3 days. Now, its 4 yrs later, I think it's getting worse. I've developed into new symptoms that I didn't have before. I get paranoid easily, developed some phobias, like germaphobic, scared to talk to people, get nervous easily, and have headaches more often from feeling nervous. So, what's wrong w/me? Why do I feel the anxiety after I masturbate? It's not just the masturbation, even wet dreams makes me have the nervousness feeling for a few days after the wet dreams. Please help, and let me know, thanks a lot.  
Probably the adrenaline rush, which mimics the rush of anxiety.  Nothing to worry about.  But it appears you still have an anxiety problem that needs tending.  Are you in therapy?
I am not sure of the cause of your issue, but I have the same problem. I feel anxiety after masturbating, don't want to talk to people, just become more withdrawn and after a few days I start to come out of it but he urge comes again to masturbate and the cycle starts over. It has gone on for so long I dont remember when it started. I think in my case it is an issue with guilt and or shame that cause me to produce adrenalin instead of the usual chemical released in brain when masturbating. This creates a nervouse anxiouse state and it wears off in a few days but overall it keeps you in a hightened state of anxiety or stress unless you quit masturbating for a long period. I am just starting to look into this, if you find out more please let me know I will do the same.
10356 commented on READY
onthefence commented on READY
spider6 commented on READY
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms