Anxiety Community
New "laws" for doctors who write scripts for Benzo's??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I just called my incompedent doctors office to have the nurse contact me regarding my script in January for my xanax's that i had to TAKE BACK to them due to the doctor put the year 2011 ....it was for my REGULAR 3 month visit and I get 120 with 3 refills aLWAYS have.....
When I brought the script with the wrong year to get a new one with the RIGHT DATE....I just took it and walked out headed to my pharmacist and had it filled. My pharmacist whom I've been going to for many years said they only gave you 1 refill....
so he called them and they said "We will note it so when its time for her march refill she can come in and pick up anothr script with the correct refills.
WELL I was just informed by the stupid receptionist when I asked her to have the nurse call me to discuss my script issue from January...I was told "Well I know Dr. Jacob had to sign a form as she can only give patients 30 days worth and NO REFILLS.....

I KNEW IT...all due to ms WHITNEY HOUSTON having XANAX Bottles in her room that this was gonna prevent patients like myself to continue with what ive been getting for 11 years.
Im so sick of all these movie stars who die and have xanax in there system that the decent patients get punished for it.....

has anyone else been told of NEW laws in effect with benzo's amount and NO longer get refills not even 1??

What a joke.....
I have the same situation with my doctor. He follows govrernment regulations.
I understand GOVERNMENT regulations....but what about patients who only HAVE one doctor and only takes one medication, who over the 11 years have had to switch doctors only 3 times due to insurance changes and the doctor not participating in that insurance.

I have letters from BOTH doctors prior to the one I have now, that was in my file letting them know I NEVER called in my script early, lied about "they were in my Jeans and I washed them"...No BS just been a patient with my Xanax's never causing any problems.
I am so sick of the BAD patients making it hard of the ones that have been exeplemtary patients...
I did not ask these past doctors to write these, my current doctor told me they were IN MY FILE....
Why can't the one like me get a "free pass"??? be left alone....now I have to call in my script EACH month to a doctors office that is over booked and understaffed...and its in a very up scaled area...I began going to her due to the fact If I had a sinus infection or an emergency I could be seen...TODAY I called due to the past 2 weeks of mild depression, crying, feeling blue, and guess what I cant get in until MARCH 15th???? FOR DEPRESSION symptoms???
just pitiful...
OK Im done.....cuz there is nothing for little ol me to do but RANT which gets me KNOW WHERE!!!! just more pi$$ED off
I had the same issue at the beginning of the year..very frustrating!!uhg
The Dr.'s have to do that - they're protecting you even if it doesn't feel like that, they are.  Addiction issues are tricky - just because you've been taking them for years doesn't mean they aren't supposed to be careful.  Too many people are dying from this drug.  How are you doing with your tapering?  I know you've wanted to get off all the drugs - this might be a good thing and maybe the Dr. can start to wean you off the benzo's too?  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that taking methadone and benzos is a deadly combination.  Please be careful okay?
Thank you for replying to my post and asking about my taper & how I'm doing ...means allot!!
Yes I am at 17 mg's now until  Tuesday I will taper down to 15mg's...and yes I am having a few issues that come alone with Tapering off methadone but nothing that is SO bad that I feel will cause me to Stop the taper...or cause me to fail...I am IN THIS FOR TILL the end...NO more excuses this is the REAL DEAL now and my faith & Gnarly's advice, prayers, are my guide to being free.....
I just feel I have to give you and whom ever else may read this some insight on the Xanax's I've taken for 11 years---My Story---
True, I have been taking Xanax's for 11 years all due to my severe panic /anxiety I suffered with for some time ...countless doctors using me like a cadaver, an experiment for them to just rape my insurance, NEVER listened to WHAT I was telling them  such as my symptoms, having to  take my husband in with me to have him provide the doctor with  stories of FIRST hand he has had to watch  me endure , the shaking, Exclusion of my family & friends, the inability to drive, carry on a conversation-Take my THEN 4 year old to a park for that matter ....that is just "Some" of the symptoms I experienced for a good 18 months...all day- everyday...,   and if it hadn't have been for the Psychiatrist for actually taking the time to hear me look over my records and he was just sickened by the number of "antidepressants they gave me which I never needed...
He knew I did not have depression ( at least NOT then) but I was becoming depressed due to feeling like I was all alone ( thank God for  this wonderful forum-+as this was 1999-to 2001) No one cared doctor wise that is...
When he prescribed Xanax he told me of everything about the drug..good and BAD ...
I'm only giving you an insight on my past ...so you know what I went thru and how I will be forever grateful that this doctor finally helped me.
its no different than the pain meds....they're prescribed, some people need to take them allot longer, others, like myself only needed to be on them for a short time But the unfortunate abuse of this drug has caused countless deaths ( a dear friend of my sisters was just found dead Friday night she had abused Oxycontins and Valiums for many years and was an alcoholic) and over run Treatment clinics due to SOME people wanting to change and become clean & sober....
But just like so many drugs  people use it and HAVE used it to get HIGH, mixing it with pain meds....But for Some reason when I used pain meds & the amount of pain meds I took ...I would only take 1 or 2 of my xanax's day becuz the sick addict that I AM was too afraid of taking anything that would cause my HIGH I was on from my  pain meds...
so My SICK thought process was "oh Kim, don't you dare take the xanax or at least not what you're prescribed to take just take less as I can not loose this feeling I have I just took  20+ percs, all my Roxy's and Oxy's" Cant waste that HIGH....all the cash I spent....
Now that I'm in a methadone treatment clinic- on the dose I'm at, speaking with my own doctor about "mixing the two" all my OWN research as well, I am NOT in any danger....
There are so many that take Xanax's or "THE BARS" to get a feeling of being high along with methadone milligrams of 100 or more...And YES they are playing Russian Roulette every single day.... I NO longer wish to play that game and haven't for over 305+ days now.....

So yes taking benzo's and meth even Suboxone Can be deadly IF the addict is taking MORE than prescribed or mixing it with Alcohol---IF the Addict does not want to gain controll back of their lives??? I want that ....So I will not take more than prescribed nor mix it with alcohol ( last alcoholic drink I had was in 2008)

I get upset "NOW" when I hear of a death whether it be a person in the spot light or just someone like me...an addict. My sister called me just last night to inform me of an employee of her husbands wife fell asleep and didn't wake up...she mixed her usual cocktail of Oxycontins, Valiums, Imitrex & Jack on the rocks.....Another one Gone

I know you weren't expecting a BOOK but I have always felt I have to give people a mental picture of the H3LL I've been thru in the past....Where I've been with Doctors But mostly WHERE I am NOW.....

I have not Now Nor have I ever abused xanax's. I have never like many Past friends that LOVED to take more than 1 and go out drinking....I have NEVER even done that because 1 single glass of wine with dinner and I feel the effects and I don't like it.?? Go figure , an Addict NOT liking the Buzz you get from mixing them with alcohol??
But for what ever reason, maybe those 18+ months I suffered with Anxiety/ Severe Panic attacks I realized xanax  "TO ME"  is like any person who suffers with any type of condition that requires daily medication.I will continue taking it as prescribed I will continue to work on my mental state of mind every day as I know the work doesn't stop once I take  my last dose of methadone....I know the POWERS of Xanax and what can happen if abused....I KNOW I want my life to be one that can live on Xanax's as PRESCRIBED ...continue with my Yoga, Educating myself on what I can do to remain a free of pain meds never ever think for a second I'm "OK"....I am and will always  be An addict ...just one that knows she will never play with her life the way I did  in the past.

Again Sorry for the NOVEL but...maybe someone will gain something from my story???
Kim
I have almost the same thing going on now with my Xanax and having to go to the doctor once a month.  This is crazy.  I'm on disability for my severe anxiety disorder and have been on Xanax for 20+ years.  Now this once a month visiting the doctor thing has just added more anxiety to my plate.  I feel this is a total discrimination for a person diagnosed with anxiety, which is a mental disorder, so people with mental disorders are being discriminated against.  

Vickie
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
10356 commented on opus88's status
10356 commented on photo