Anxiety Community
New to this site, not to anxiety.
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New to this site, not to anxiety.

Hello, I have suffered from gereralized anxiety and panic disorder for since I was 17 year old. When I was in my late teens, my triggers were large crowds, tight spaces, etc. Now that I'm in my early 30's, I still panic in large crowds and tight spaces, but now I've developed chronic panic attacks that happen around the time I am ready to fall asleep. I'm also someone who catastrophizes the littlest situation. I regularly see a psychiatrist & therapist who I love. It took me forever to find a group I was comfortabale with, and they have me on a new daily regime of Seroquel, Ativan and Neurontin. The mix seems to be working because I haven't had a true meltdown panic attack in 2 weeks, which is HUGE for me. When I do have one, I get lightheaded, shaky, nauseous, dizzy, sweaty, and my heart races like I just ran a marathon. They tend to last anywhere from 15 minuets to over an hour. I have the Ativan for these episodes, but it doesn't kick in for at least 10 minutes. And I regularly take the Seroquel and neurtontin everyday. By the time it's over, I am completely exhausted and depleted.

Now that I have rambled on and on, I'd like to see who else has my symptoms and how do you deal with it? Also, I just felt like getting my story out on this site since I see lots of people help each other out.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi sorry to hear this , have u ever found out the root cause of your anxiety?
I get all these symptoms with anxiety/ panic since my mum passed away suddenly
I kind of try not too think the worst when my symptoms come on and I try and talk myself away from panic or call s friend helps me x
Blank
Yes I definitely know the root of my anxiety. There was a lot of family trauma when I was 17 and it basically sent me into anxiety and depression overdrive.
Blank
yes i know exactly how u are feeling it's awful ive been dealing with anxiety since the age of 20 and now im 28..stay strong hugs to you....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
Blank
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
3 hrs ago
4059843_tn?1435575303
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Been beating myself up in m... Comment
3 hrs ago
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
cj29