Anxiety Community
Night Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Night Anxiety

Hello, again...

I've been diagnosed with gastritis about two months ago and I had serious stomach aches, wich I think caused my anxiety to rise above normal, just before that I had one panic attack... Now my stomach doesn't hurt anymore, the anxiety is gone for most of the time... Except at night, when I'm supposed to go to sleep, I start checking in on myself to see if I'm fine, or anxious or whatever, wich makes me anxious..

So now I'm trying to only go to bed when I'm really really sleepy so I can lay down and fall asleep instantaneously... Not working...

Anyway... Is it possible that this "condition" will go away with time? What can I do to help get rid of it? Anyone been through this?

I don't really think I need meds or to go to the doctor because it's not really affecting me that much... Just bothering!
When you lie down to go to sleep, you need to do that and stop checking yourself.  This obcessing is adding to your anxiety, and will only get worse if you don't stop doing this at night.  Try reading or watching TV to fall asleep to take your mind off of wanting to check yourself.  This can snowball out of control and you don't want that to happen.  I think like you, it's early enough that you can nip this in the bud, and stop it totally.  The situation will only go away when you stop doing what is creating it.......checking yourself every night.  You feel fine and are tired, you need to listen to your body and go to sleep, not obcess about your health. You can do this!  I wish you all the best and take care.
Going to sleep at night can sometimes prevoke a lot of anxiety in my opinion.  With our minds 'winding down' it can cause us to think of all sorts of things.  Are you going to counseling for your anxiety?  I don't think you can wish it away, but you can definitely help yourself get through it.  In my opinion, it is like any other problem we have be it physical our mental.  There are steps that you can take to confront this in my opinion.  It is hard, but gaining the knowledge about your anxiety can give you the power to beat it....keep us posted!
Well, yeah, I'd love to not check on myself! It's my stupid brain that's doing it for me unfortunately...

I think I'm really afraid of having some mental illness or something... Like being schizophrenic, paranoia or something... I really do not show any signs (I've searched around the internet... the only sign I "have" is sometimes talking to myself which I think everyone does once in a while... other than that I'm "clean") so it's my mind just trying to scare me =)

I'm a "skeptic" guy regarding counseling and drugs, I'm more of a follower of dealing with it... Before, I had general anxiety I think, I was anxious all day, because of the stomach pain... Then it stopped after the pain was gone, and now it's only at night.. And there have been some days which it doesn't bother me, but others.. It's just an irritating feeling at night..
Well, you do have control over whether or not you continue to keep checking yourself at night.....you can refuse to do it!  You can also do other things as I suggested to keep your mind occupied with things other than checking yourself.  You're obcessing about your health and this is a problem that needs to be addressed.  If you don't believe in therapy or drugs, then you better get control of these thoughts and your mind so you can stop this.  Otherwise, you can just "deal with it" and I hope it gets better for you.
4Maddie44 commented on photo
1 min ago
mishymoshymarcy At the end of the day, tell... Comment
Kimmy3000uk commented on I had no idea there w...